maje0095

• Commented on All about is Facial Expression
    Great topic! The picture really drew me in! It amazing to me how big of an effect facial expressions can have on the mood that you portray to the world. It's so cool how they are universal too. Facials expressions...
  • Commented on Altruism: Are Your Relative's Lives More Important Than Yours?
    Very interesting entry! The title really caught my eye. You did a great job of giving examples that I wouldn't have thought of, like with the squirrels. I never would have thought of animals using a concept like altruism....
  • Commented on Birth Order and Personality: Pop Psychology?
    interesting topic!! I have dealt with birth order my whole life, being the youngest in my family. My brother always claims that I am much more spoiled and "babied" than him (and maybe it's true..) I think that it is...
  • Commented on Just Be Yourself , Don't Fall into the Traps of Conformity
    Your picture really caught my eye and got my attention. I love this topic because it's something that we all face each day! We all have to make the decision to either conform or be ourselves and stand out. So...
  • Commented on Mint, Dwight?
    Your title and video really caught my attention, because let's be honest who doesn't like the office? This was a great tie- in to psych and a good way to show that there are many real life examples of what...
  • Commented on Five Years from Today
    I relate completely with your post! I had said in an earlier comment that my parents were a mix between the same two. I also had a brother and we were both given a lot of freedom. I would never...
  • Commented on Mirror Images!
    what an interesting take on this subject!! I never thought about it in this way before now! It makes perfect sense, maybe I should stop looking in the mirror! Great post!...
  • Commented on Proximity, Similarity, Reciprocity and...?
    Great post Annie! I totally agree with the part about being so close with your sorority sisters despite sometimes completely different interests and personalities, I have experienced the same thing in my own house! Great job showing two different examples...
  • Commented on What I Will Remember From PSY
    Your cartoon really caught my eye! great post. I love that you hit on three different subjects that you will remember! It was hard for me to pick just one! The third about different types of learning will be especially...
  • Commented on Reflecting Over Developmental Psychology
    I agree completely with your entry! I never gave much thought into why children liked to play games like peekaboo. I didn't think that they really thought about it at all, just an amusement. It's so cool to realize that...
  • Commented on Can you trust your memories?
    It is extremely scary to me to think that our own memories can sometimes turn on us. If we can't even control our own minds and keep track of our memories, what do we have control over? Good thinking topic!...
  • Commented on Parenting Styles for the Future
    Great post! It's so crazy to me how differently people can be brought up! I was raised in an authoritative way, leaning towards permissive. I had tons of freedom and my parents were hardly ever strict. My best friend was...
  • Commented on Why Follow the Crowd?
    Great topic choice!! This is so true. It's almost scary to think how easily we conform to what we believe to be the "norm" even though it may not be true to ourselves. I think I will remember this as...
  • Commented on Scientific Method
    Great entry Sam! I love that you were able to relate the topic to many different aspects of your life, current and future! What a great thing to remember and utilize, especially if you plan to run for a political...
  • Posted College students sleep...? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    The thing that I will remember most from psychology is probably the section we learned about sleep. As college students we all know that sleep is a rarity and something that we lack, so I was eager to learn...
  • Commented on The Atkins Diet Failure
    Great post! I remember when my parents both tried the atkins diet, it definitely didn't last long, nor did it work. Maybe if they had researched more about it beforehand then they wouldn't have wasted the time or money trying...
  • Commented on An Office Romance
    I love that you used a situation that readers can have fun with and also relate to from seeing the office, and that you also were very thorough when explaining why their relationship works! Very good post! The video adds...
  • Commented on Calculating your Happiness with a Formula
    I think that this point of view is very interesting, although I personally have a few issues with it. I wonder what the author would say about events in one's life that couldn't possibly be predicted by a formula. They...
  • Commented on worst.weight.loss.plan.ever.
    This sounds awful! I know that everyone wants to stay fit and lost weight but why would you do it by starving yourself or binge drinking? I think that its pretty obvious that the best way to lose weight is...
  • Commented on Is Beauty Universally Defined?
    Super interesting! As said earlier the pictures drew me in. It's amazing how different beauty is from culture to culture. I think that we sometimes get stuck thinking that our ideas on what we consider to be beautiful are the...
  • Posted Gut reactions? Not always the best! to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    According to some business theorists, Western business people tend to rush into decisions without first looking at the real problem. I think that this is because as Westerners, we use our emotions too much in business. Everything becomes an emotional...
  • Commented on Identical Twins Living Identical Lives
    Very interesting story! These crazy coincidences reminded me of the list of similarities between the deaths of Abe Lincoln and Kennedy. It's so remarkable to me that even factors that arn't directly related to the men were so similar, such...
  • Posted One a day... keeps fat away? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Insert one dollar and 25 cents... that's the easy part, right? So now the question is what to pick? There are the usual options: crush, coke, sprite, water, and diet coke... I personally always chose a diet coke, but...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from maje0095