meint015

• Commented on Cognitive Development: How Our Minds Are Melded
    This was a very interesting topic to discuss and also interests me as well. It fascinates me how each person is different, and how we are different learners. The article you used was interesting to read and learn about what...
  • Commented on Panic disorder
    This was very interesting to read about what you experienced during this time, and what to watch for if I were to ever have on myself. It must have been really scary having a panic attack and I am thankful...
  • Commented on Things I Will Never Forget
    This is a very interesting concept to bring up and to know that you can use ideas yo condition your daughter to do different things. Using the things we have learned this semester in class should be good knowledge to...
  • Commented on The "Overdramatic" Bias
    Good topic to bring up! I couldn't agree more that these kinds of scenarios don't last forever, while at the time of excitement or depression one feels like the world is going to end. Good examples for the reader as...
  • Commented on College students sleep...?
    Very interesting topic choice! I agree that us college students rarely get the right amount of sleep during the night, which isn't good for you. I also agree that I don't remember many of my dreams and it was interesting...
  • Commented on Five Years From Know: I Hope I Have Intelligence
    I think that IQ tests should never be used during a business' hiring process. Using these tests when potential employees may be from different countries where English is not their primary language or do not necessarily seem smart from their...
  • Commented on Mental Illness Awareness
    This is most definitely something I worry about practically every day too. At this time in my life, I have never been more stressed about school and getting good grades. It's really scary to know that you can develop a...
  • Commented on In Five Years I Will Remember...
    This was actually a concept that I will remember too, due to the fact that it was referred to so many times throughout the text. They were good to have, because they made me think about psychology at a deeper...
  • Commented on It's All Around
    This was the perfect way to present examples of how we can find classical conditioning everywhere in our everyday lives! The video was an awesome way to show how this concept works, and how ads do use humor to make...
  • Commented on Is Your Personality Affected By Your Birth Order?
    This is a topic that I blogged about earlier in the semester, and I basically found the same conclusions. From the research already found, I would have to agree that being the oldest, I aim for achievement more so than...
  • Commented on How to be a good parent
    I completely agree with your view of this topic. I think that authoritative parenting is the perfect combination of each parenting style and overall is the right balance for a child. The article you shared is very interesting in how...
  • Posted Why Follow the Crowd? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Over the course of the semester, we have learned about many aspects of psychology that I have found extremely interesting. One of the concepts that I will remember in five years from now would have to be the idea of...
  • Commented on Air Diet or Anorexia?
    This is probably the weirdest diet I have ever heard of and clearly unhealthy. I have no idea why someone would ever go through the torture of doing this. The consequences/ side-effects sound even worse than the diet itself. Very...
  • Commented on An Office Romance
    Really interesting topic and examples! I have only heard about the office, but never really sat down and watched it. You clearly explained how this relationship became successful, and thoroughly explained the three aspects to a successful relationship. Good job...
  • Commented on Girls will be girls and boys will be boys
    I couldn't agree more with this topic. This issue can be very obvious through certain people, and I think this is due to both nature and nurture, with a little more emphasis on nurture. The way you are individually brought...
  • Posted Problems in Business to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Within the past few years, business theorists have found that in comparison to Eastern managers of business, Western managers often rush into solutions before defining a problem 100%. I believe the main reason this issue has arose is due to...
  • Commented on Photograph Man
    Cool idea to relate this idea to a movie! I've personally never seen the movie, but you did a good job analyzing and going in depth about how it realtes to psychology. It is also interesting to add the point...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's Disease: Still An Unknown Disorder
    I really enjoyed reading this article and looking at the links you added in as well. This is such a sad and serious disease that more people should learn about. I have had encounters with the disease with family members...
  • Commented on Beckham Bares It All!
    I could not agree with you more on this topic. It seems like any advertisement with extremely attractive individuals creates jealousy and desire among today's society. In response to your ending question, I don't necessarily think that this commercial is...
  • Commented on Smelling the Beans in Brazil
    I really enjoyed reading this article and learning about how different pitches of noise can only be heard by certain age groups or younger. I never knew this fact, but it sort of makes sense about how society always assumes...
  • Posted No Meat? No Dairy? Are You Sure? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Have you ever thought about taking on the challenge of not eating meat or dairy products for any given length of time? It seems like quite the challenge, but around 7.3 million people around the US practice do so. Vegetarianism...
  • Commented on Wait, hasn't this already happened?
    This was really interesting to read and learn about why we experience Deja Vu. I get it all the time, and I hate how I can never pinpoint where exactly I have experienced the feeling previously. Its also cool to...
  • Commented on One a day... keeps fat away?
    This is a really neat topic to cover! It was interesting reading each of the reports and seeing what the authors' conclusions ended up being. Coming from a non-pop drinker, I have never really thought about the topic in great...
  • Posted Are You Smarter Than Your Sibling? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Ever since we were little, my younger sister and I have argued about who is the smarter daughter between us. Although we are both good students and get grades that are approved of by our parents, has it finally come...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from meint015