nitti009

• Commented on Does Reality Even Exist?
    I had never really thought about just how true this is until reading your post. I am definitely the same way, I thought that because I got a high score on my ACT I would automatically be successful in life,...
  • Commented on Cravings Out of Situation
    This was a really interesting application of the information from this particular topic. I never realized how important it is for our bodies to maintain homeostasis, and what an effect drugs or energy drinks can really have on us. I...
  • Posted How neurotic is Tom Cruise? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    The topic I believe I will remember most in 5 years is the Big Five personality traits. I was initially surprised to find out that psychologists believed there were such a limited number of crucial features of the human personality....
  • Commented on Antidepressant - The fake happiness
    Antidepressants do not claim to solve the problems the patient is facing, they only claim to regulate the chemical imbalances in their brain, which makes them more able to cope with the problems they have. As someone who is on...
  • Commented on Minnesota Nice or Minnesota Ice?
    This is really interesting! I have always wondered where the "Minnesota Nice" stereotype comes from. I also wonder what it is about our location that makes us more extraverted that many people that live on the east coast. It would...
  • Commented on Alcoholic: Born or Raised an Addict?
    I think that it is both nature and nurture that play a role in whether or not you become an alcoholic. Experts say that alcoholism runs in families, but a big part of this is the fact that alcoholics are...
  • Commented on Difficult Decision? I Think Not...
    Both of your examples got your point across very well. It's interesting to take a step back and realize that we don't automatically recognize why we buy one brand of an item over another, but it probably is due to...
  • Commented on Would you fall in love with the same person after erasing all your memories?
    This is one of my favorite movies!!! I love how it can psychology can be incorporated in it. I don't think I could ever erase all my memories of a person, because these memories are crucial in our development as...
  • Commented on How Did Your Parents Raise You?
    I thought your post was very interesting and informative. I agree with another comment, that it would have been interesting for you to cover the idea of parents having 2 different styles. I know that my parents definitely have 2...
  • Commented on How does divorce affect children?
    I feel the same as you, when my parents got divorced I saw it as more of a relief than anything else, because I too wanted to escape their fighting. At this time I would say that my parents divorce...
  • Commented on The Role of a Father
    I agree that our society is moving away from a "traditional" family dynamic. Both of my parents work full-time, but my dad spends his time outside of work with me and my sisters as much as he can, whereas my...
  • Commented on Smokin' the Mary Jane
    I agree that it would be very difficult to determine a gene for something as complex as addiction. Addiction is caused by so much more than just whether or not it runs in our family. Even though it would be...
  • Commented on To Those Misguided Vegetarians:
    This was a really awesome blog post! You did really well presenting both sides of the issue, and managing to stay unbiased throughout the whole post until you stated your own opinion. It was super informative, and I definitely now...
  • Commented on Smelling the Beans in Brazil
    I also think you did a really good job explaining your chosen topic. I found the "Teen Buzz" part especially interesting, I know that there are cell phone ringtones that work in a similar way, and are intended for teenagers...
  • Posted What does it mean to be on the spectrum? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    There is a disease that more children are diagnosed with each year than AIDS, diabetes, and cancer combined. It is a disease that affects 1 in 110 children, with no known causes, and no current medical cure. This disease is...
  • Posted Bells Lead to Salivation: The Pavlovian Style of Learning to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Chapter 6 focuses on the different ways that people learn. It talks about the development of classical conditioning, operant conditioning, cognitive models of learning, and biological influences on learning. I was most interested in the topic of classical conditioning,...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from nitti009