note0033

• Posted Psych 1001 to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    I have learned a lot of things in Psych 1001but the biggest thing that stood out to me was the survival exercise. I really enjoyed learning how to think outside of the box and get rid of item use stereotype....
  • Posted Luck of the Draw? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Are our lives decided by the second we enter the world? Some scientists believe so. Not only because of what you do but because of who is alive when you are born, your siblings. There is controversy on whether...
  • Commented on Kohlberg's Conundrums
    I would like to know what is with the dying wife. The graph drew me in but I was somewhat confused by the blog. I wish you would have explained the experiment a little bit....
  • Commented on Calculating your Happiness with a Formula
    This very interesting, as strange as that sounds it seems correct. All of those things that he mentioned do go into happiness but it also depends on how you feel about things. Good job!...
  • Commented on Setting the Rules on Parenting
    This was a very official looking blog! I really liked it but I think that it was a little dry. We all already read this in our books. All together though it was very professional....
  • Commented on Lie Detectors Lie Too Much
    I completely agree with this! Polygraphs should not be used anymore they are highly unreliable. If you are nervous it can mess it up or even just get flustered because even though you are telling the truth they may be...
  • Commented on Being Strict isn't Always the Trick
    This was a very interesting take on this however I do not agree. I think that while permissive may have worked for you, many children would do badly with this kind of parenting style. I agree with the articles that...
  • Commented on The Role of a Father
    This is interesting topic choice. These gender and parent roles definatly exists in the world today. It just goes to show that children need both sides. Two parents with these roles is defiantly needed....
  • Commented on Air Diet or Anorexia?
    I would never go on the air diet! That is defiantly just anorexia plan and simple. This horrendous that they are tricking young people into thinking that this is ok....
  • Commented on Will our generation IQ be greater than our parents generation?
    That was a really cool video. It really shows that maybe we give too much credit to so called great minds of that past that today would have been considered below average. It is interesting to think about....
  • Commented on Why Do We Marry?
    This is so cool that you have so much personal experience with this topic. I think that different cultures do value marriage in many different ways in the world and it is good to shine a light on that. Very...
  • Commented on An Office Romance
    This is a wonderful example of proximity, similarity, and reciprocity. I love the office and Jim and Pam and they have a great relationship!...
  • Commented on Bad weight loss plans
    This picture is very haunting. I don't think some people realize how big of a problem this actually is. I have had multiple friends who suffer from both of these diseases and we really should be raising awareness about this...
  • Commented on Girls will be girls and boys will be boys
    This is a cool question. I think that aggressiveness is due to both. If you grow up in a tough environment we are made to adapt to it so since boys are not coddled as much as girls they become...
  • Commented on All about is Facial Expression
    This is very interesting, however I wish it would have been a little bit easier to read. I love the show lie to me so the pictures really drew me in. Good job!...
  • Commented on Is Beauty Universally Defined?
    This is very interesting and the pictures were super cool. It is intreguing to step out of our american views of beauty and try to see it through other cultures eyes. I would have liked to see some more strange...
  • Commented on Love
    I have a very traditional relationship. I am obsessed with say yes to the dress and I definitely have played games like that when I was younger. The one thing that is different about my relationship is that my boyfriend...
  • Commented on Personality and Looks
    I loved the video it was hilarious. I have never had a date as bad as this one. Although one time I met a guy that every time we started talking he would walk out of the room and expect...
  • Commented on Who Wants To Be a Smart Guy
    I really like how you brought to light the fact that often times tall people are seen as big and dumb but I would have liked to have seen a little bit about gender differences as well. I would like...
  • Posted Photograph Man to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq9eM4ZXRgs See preview here. Hollywood loves to take real life to the extreme. In the movie Momento, a man named Lenny has "short term memory loss". Although this works beautifully in the movie to make a interesting plot it...
  • Commented on Cetacea Skills
    This is so cool. It just goes to show how amazing animals are. Can you train everything the way you can train whales and dolphins?...
  • Commented on Don't take Freud too literally
    I thought that the movie trailer was eye catching but that the article was very vauge. I would have liked it if you would have talked more about Freud's ideas before asking so many questions. It got me kind of...
  • Commented on Uncovering the "BIG" issue of Nature vs. Nurture
    I really liked this article. Great use of the pictures and the videos it really grabbed my attention. It made me think twice about exercise and eating correctly!...
  • Posted Altoids? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Jim Halpert from The Office shows Ivan Pavolv's findings in a hilarious way. My chapter was about learning and how nurture truly changes us. Pavlov's dog experiment interested me most in the chapter because it showed the complete basic...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from note0033