pears773

• Commented on The "Overdramatic" Bias
    Great topic! this definitely is true and something that I should keep in mind! Its hard to keep in mind during something that this emotion is only temporary because in the moment everything can seem life or death....
  • Commented on Parenting Styles for the Future
    Great post! This is definitely something that a lot of us will need to remember in the future! My parents were very strict when i was growing up, but I would say that they were more authoritative instead of authoritarian....
  • Commented on Wonderful Memory
    Good article! Our brains really are impressive, its amazing to think about all of the biology and how many things that we don't know or haven't been discovered about them yet....
  • Commented on Panic disorder
    This is a very interesting topic! I think that it is something that will stick with me too. Its sad to learn about how many different mental illness's there are. Panic attacks seem to be a pretty common one though,...
  • Commented on College students sleep...?
    Good topic! I remember this as well too! Especially with finals coming up this week. I think it was a very interesting point that was made and how much getting not enough sleep can affect someone....
  • Posted How much would you conform? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Of all of the topics covered this far, I believe that social conformity will stick with me the longest because it is something that happens to most of us everyday without realizing it most of the time. But now...
  • Posted Love to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Every culture has a different perspective of love and marriage, some places believe in arranged marriage and others believe in marrying someone for love. Popular American culture has very distinct ways of looking at love and marriage. I believe...
  • Commented on What were you like as a baby?
    I really like the photo! I think that a lot of our personalities are based on our gene's not the environment. I believe that because I have a fraternal twin brother and we are different in almost every way even...
  • Commented on Air Diet or Anorexia?
    That is crazy that there is actually such a diet out there! I think that I would find it impossible to go through, make food, and then never actually eat it. It would take so much mental will power to...
  • Commented on Girls will be girls and boys will be boys
    Interesting post! That is very true that baby girls and baby boys are treated very differently. I think that it is a combination of nature and nurture, but definitely the way that boys are talked to doesn't help. Great job!...
  • Commented on An Office Romance
    Great post! I love the office! I think that, that is very true. That when you are around someone that much, like they are on the show, that there is at least an opportunity for a relationship to start because...
  • Commented on Lie Detectors Lie Too Much
    I liked your post, I think that its kind of scary how wrong lie detector tests can be, especially that it messes with your own mind. It would be interesting to see how many things you could make people believe...
  • Commented on How Did Your Parents Raise You?
    I enjoyed reading your post! I would agree with you that there are a lot of different parenting styles. My parents were like your parents where there were boundaries when I was growing up, but there was also my own...
  • Commented on How does divorce affect children?
    This is a really hard hitting topic! It is amazing today how many people we all know that have divorced parents. While it seems that it is hard at the time, I do not know anyone that is long-term affected...
  • Commented on So who is this Father Figure?
    I really enjoyed this post! I think it is very interesting because that is how a typical family works. That has always been how my family has worked, if anyone needed something fixed or wanted to go to the park...
  • Commented on Parenting: Which one will you be?
    Your post provides really good information for the different types of parenting! My parents raised me in a similar way, it sounds, to how your parents raised you. They did give me a lot of freedom in some respects, but...
  • Commented on Heuristics, Biases, and How We Are Fooled - Dan Hodac
    This is a very well written article and I enjoyed the cartoon! I think this is a very interesting topic as well though. It is something that we don't think of on a daily basis. How we are sort of...
  • Commented on Photograph Man
    I wish that we had longer short term memories! I feel like I am forgetting stuff constantly. Thats a really good example of how hollywood can take something that really does exist, but bring it to an unrealistic level....
  • Commented on Difficult Decision? I Think Not...
    This was a really catching blog! It really shows how advertisements, even though we may not realize it, can make a huge impact in our decisions. I think it shows how easily we as a society are influenced by everything...
  • Commented on Cetacea Skills
    I liked your blog! It is really fascinating how different types of psych are used in the real world. I've always wondered how they trained dolphins and other animals like that....
  • Commented on Innocent Liars?
    I really liked your entry! The fact that lie detector tests detect things other then guilt such as nervousness makes them so unreliable. If I were being doing a lie detector test, i would be so nervous that it would...
  • Commented on What Can Drive a Mother to Give Up Her Daughter?
    I feel like it can be almost impossible to fully move on from the environment that you grow up in at a young age. No matter how much things change in the future, where you were originally raised sticks with...
  • Posted Self- Awareness to Self- Awareness
    What is self- awareness? and When does one become self aware? These are both hard questions to give an exact answer. I believe that self- awareness is when one starts to recognize their self and the environment around them....
  • Commented on Alcoholic: Born or Raised an Addict?
    I really liked your article! This is a very good example of nature vs. nurture. I believe that it is very hard to distinguish between nature and nurture, most likely because it is a part of both. Alcoholism in particular...
  • Commented on Impossible Figures!
    I like your blog post! It is very interesting how our brain can trick us into thinking some things and also how someone can become this good at creating these illusions!...
  • Posted Social Comparison to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Ever find yourself sitting in a classroom before the lecture begins watching others come in and sit down? I also bet that after an exam you would find yourself comparing whether you think you did better them or not....
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from pears773