polla121

• Posted Eating Disorders Can Affect Anyone to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    When someone says the word bulimia, it brings about a sort of taboo that most people are afraid to talk about. In reality, bulimia is the most common eating disorder affecting one to three percent of our population. It is...
  • Commented on Mint, Dwight?
    Great example! Very entertaining. I agree with you that the concept of Pavlov's conditioning is prevalent in a lot of day to day situations. I love when in movies and television shows there are examples of this because we are...
  • Commented on Mental Illness Awareness
    I agree, it is scary how prevalent mental illness becomes in our lives as we grow older. It makes me weary knowing that the causes and cures are unknown and different for each person. It is more important than ever...
  • Commented on Luck of the Draw?
    I think that the concept of birth order playing a role in personality is very interesting. I think that for a majority of people it may deem true. However, there are always those people whom are the exceptions to the...
  • Commented on The Concepts of Parenting Styles
    I found your post especially interesting because I did mine on parenting styles as well. However, you had a different opinion on parenting which intrigues me because it is interesting to hear others' points of views....
  • Commented on What I'm Taking With Me
    Great connection to everyday life. These are extremely valuable skills that can be used in psychology but also in a variety of ways throughout life. It is helpful to keep these in mind when deciding if a study or situation...
  • Commented on Things I Will Never Forget
    What a great connection to your life! Congratulations on the baby! It will be interesting to see if you can apply what you have learned about human development in psychology to your life....
  • Posted Parenting Styles for the Future to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Five years from now, I will remember the section of the textbook that talked about the different parenting styles. Eventually, this will be extremely important to know in order to one day raise a healthy family. No set of parents...
  • Posted Is Your Personality Affected By Your Birth Order? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    The correlation between birth order and personality has yet to be proved accurate. In my opinion it is kind of interesting to see how accurate the idea of birth order affecting your personality is. Some researchers feel that birth order...
  • Posted Is Your Personality Accurately Affected By Your Birth Order? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
  • Commented on Cookie Diet
    I had never heard of the cookie diet, what an interesting topic choice! I think the man who created the cookie diet was definitely onto something. Although, it may not be the most successful, for some people this may be...
  • Commented on Personality and Looks
    I enjoyed your creativity with your topic choice! I definitely agree with the personality trumping looks. It is kind of interesting how people are initially attracted to each other but then later realize we are sometimes attracted to people for...
  • Commented on The Role of a Father
    Interesting topic choice! I liked how you included the four facts about the role of the father from the textbook. This is valuable information to keep in mind, that fathers affect a child and how they grow up. Unfortunately, some...
  • Commented on Detecting Lies
    Great connection with the scene from Meet the Parents! I agree with your view on lie detecting tests. Even without the test, people can tell when others are lying based off of arousal, eye contact, etc. If the lie detector...
  • Commented on Tiny Human, Big Brain.
    This was a great way to relate a topic to your life! You did a good job at defining and illustrating the different stages of development. It was very descriptive and detailed....
  • Commented on Video Game Causes Boy to Shoot his Parents
    This was a very intriguing article, the title definitely caught my eye! I agree with you in the fact that the video game did play a role in the child's decision to shoot his parents. I think that although it...
  • Commented on The Chinese Effect and the Importance of Being Multilingual
    Extremely interesting post! I think this is a great topic to discuss because it is getting more and more necessary to speak more than one language. I think that no matter what language it may be, every child should learn...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's Disease: Still An Unknown Disorder
    This was a very informational article on Alzeimer's. I enjoyed the accurate yet concise summary of the causes, symptoms, and cures of it. The links you added in were also very good. The fact that they have a drug that...
  • Commented on Beckham Bares It All!
    Great story (not just because of David Beckham)! I think you made extremely valid points. Although some people may see this advertisement as sexist and degrading, no one can deny that it works. Advertisements are meant to evoke emotions among...
  • Commented on False Advertisement or Brilliance?
    In my opinion, TAG ads are extremely successful. Although most people do find these ads far-fetched, exaggerated, and juvenile, they catch your attention. They succeed in drawing in their audience, making sure that you do not forget the name of...
  • Commented on You Could Walk On This Water!
    This is an awesome example. These pieces of artwork have become extremely prominent in the news and among society lately. It demonstrates how a person can overcome "mind tricks." It is neat to think that we are able to trick...
  • Commented on Figure-Ground Perception: An Illustration of the World
    I enjoyed your article. I think the whole concept of perception is extremely fascinating. It is interesting to see what different people can make out of images, similar to that one. It shows how individuals can think differently and how...
  • Posted Forgetful Lucy to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    In the popular movie, 50 First Dates, starring Adam Sandler (as Henry) and Drew Barrymore (as Lucy), memory loss is demonstrated. Lucy suffers brain injuries as a result of a car accident. Henry falls in love with Lucy, just...
  • Commented on Alcoholic: Born or Raised an Addict?
    I agree with your take on nature vs. nurture in terms of alcoholism. I think that although you may be born into a family history of alcoholism, it is ultimately the "nurturing" and environment you are in that determine if...
  • Commented on Are YOU an Olympic Athlete?
    I found your post to be a refreshing twist on the nature vs. nurture debate. Athleticism is a combination of nature and nurture. Some may be born with athletic genes, while others may not be. However, anyone can become a...
  • Posted Right or Left? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Is there such a thing as being "left-brained" or "right brained?" As I previewed the Lilenfeld text, it has come up several times that the left and right hemisphere of our brain each controls different ways in which we think....
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from polla121