schin059

• Commented on Who Wants To Be a Smart Guy
    Very true. The media is a very cruel place in terms of stereotypes, and I don't really expect it to change. But I agree, it is not fair. Great Post!!!!!!!!!...
  • Commented on Why Do We Marry?
    Just by saying the arranged marriage being an adventure, I gained some respect for it. I never really got it and kind of thought it was stupid to be honest. But you kind of showed me that there is a...
  • Commented on Is Your Personality Affected By Your Birth Order?
    In terms of my family and looking at the birth order "stereotypes" we fit absolutely perfectly. This leads me to believe that there is some truth to it, however obviously there are exceptions. Great Post!...
  • Commented on It's All Around
    I think this is a very interesting topic! It's crazy to see how much it works! We just got a new puppy and it's crazy how well it works with training! Great Post!...
  • Commented on The Business World
    IQ is a very interesting topic! And I think that it is a good general way to test intelligence, however once into the workforce there are many more factors that IQ doesn't test! Great Post!...
  • Commented on Our Mind Playing Tricks on Us
    Very true! We have many biases, if we didn't I think that there would just be too much information to handle! Heuristics really help us make sense of the world, although they can get us into trouble as well! Great...
  • Commented on Mirror Images!
    This is something that I missed this semester! Very interesting post! And have experienced this with my friends, and now I can explain it to them! Awesome job!...
  • Commented on My Reaction to Attraction
    Great Post! It is interesting to think about! It is always weird when you think someone is very attractive and your friend disagrees. Interesting post nice job!...
  • Commented on Can you trust your memories?
    It really is crazy! It's weird to think about though because memories to me (and everyone) are just that, memories and therefore real! So it's crazy to think that you can be convinced that something actually happened when it didn't!...
  • Commented on Parenting Styles for the Future
    I think this is a very interesting post! And I think that it can play a large role in developing our children, and is something that should continue to be studied! Great Post!...
  • Commented on Don't forget the baby!
    I think that we don't think about babies as having these emotions because none of us remember being a baby! But it really is interesting to think that those little babies actually feel emotions, although at the same time it...
  • Commented on The "Overdramatic" Bias
    Very true, I think that this happens a lot in kids, but also throughout our entire lives. When I win at the casino, I feel like I will be happy for the rest of my life. But adrenaline and endorphins...
  • Commented on Panic disorder
    It is very sad that people have disorders such as the ones we studied in class. But very important that we keep studying them so that we can learn more and fix them....
  • Commented on College students sleep...?
    Sleep is very interesting I agree. It's very tough to get the right amount of sleep, and it's a great topic because we experience the effects every day. Too much sleep can be bad, and too little can be bad...
  • Commented on Placebos in the Future
    Definitely an interesting concept. I think that a lot of things are mental, pain being one that is very much so. Pain is real, don't get me wrong. But sometimes I won't feel the pain of an injury until I...
  • Commented on The truth about IQ
    Lot's of good info here. I agree, street smart is not book smart. For the most part, IQ tests test book smarts. A lot of the most successful people out there probably do not have the highest IQ's. They have...
  • Commented on Does Reality Even Exist?
    I love this post. Not only is it well written and interesting, I really get a sense of humbleness from you. Very down to earth and approaching this with an open mind. Love this post. Crazy to think about....
  • Posted One Against Many to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    One topic that we studied in class was the idea of conformity. Whether or not we would just go with the crowd even if it something we do not believe in. This concept is very important, and we face it...
  • Commented on
    I was never spanked, and I don't plan on spanking my kids. I think that it can show the kids that violence is an ok way to punish someone, which I disagree with!...
  • Commented on
  • Commented on Cookie Diet
    Although this is an interesting post, diets like these are all too good to be true. First of all, the cookies probably don't taste like grandma's cookies. Also, it would take a lot of self motivation to only eat one...
  • Posted The Lie Detectors Keep Lying to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    I don't think anyone can deny that everybody lies. So why haven't we figured out how to detect when someone is in fact lying? It shouldn't be so hard right? Well, research has shown otherwise. There are several types of...
  • Commented on Total Buzz Kill
    This is pretty cool! I like how you designed your own experiment! Overall nice job!...
  • Commented on Dog Tricks!!!
    Very interesting to see how dogs learn tricks! I just got a new puppy and we are still training him so I have seen this first hand!...
  • Commented on When do you think you first became aware of yourself?
    This video is very cool! Something I never really thought of before! I like how they used the mark to see if they recognize themselves. Overall good job and very interesting!...
  • Posted You Could Walk On This Water! to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Recently these "3D Chalk Art" pictures have been popping out all over the place. It really is amazing how lifelike these pictures look! I believe that one of the ideas used is Size Constancy. The artist of this chalk...
  • Commented on One a day... keeps fat away?
    Moderation! We don't hear that word enough. It's no no no no, and more no. I think it's very cool to see some evidence that things that can have a negative impact on your health, and have gotten that stereotype,...
  • Commented on Our We Eating Our Way to Cancer?
    I think you bring up a good point, our eating habits could definitely be causing cancer. But I also think there are many other habits that Americans have that are contributing to this problem! We are doing lots of things...
  • Commented on Luckily, Mom Isn't Always Right...
    I agree with most of the argument. It's also important to realize that people are different; what works for one person may not work for another. I think it is all about finding habits that are best for you. If...
  • Posted Quit the Fast Food, Hit the Gym to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Obesity is a problem with our population today; I don't think anyone would deny that. But can obese persons avoid being obese? Or is that just the way they were designed to be. To many the answer is either one...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from schin059