seam0055

• Posted It's All Around to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Psychology has been long, tough, and full of information. That is why it is so difficult to choose just one concept that is most memorable for me. But if I had to choose, I would probably pick classical conditioning. Why?...
  • Commented on Altruism: Are Your Relative's Lives More Important Than Yours?
    Nice blog. That charlie brown comic is hilarious! I also learned about inclusive fitness in another class; where animals act altruistically in order to pass more of their genes on to future generations, not for their own enjoyment. But that...
  • Commented on Luck of the Draw?
    Nice job with this blog. It is interesting to look at siblings when studying psychology. I wonder if common traits in first born, second borns, so on and so forth, are due to some genetic factor? Or if they are...
  • Commented on From the Bystander Effect Arises Tragedy
    Awesome blog. I never heard about the incident with the poor chinese girl. That is incredibly disturbing. Like you mentioned, I feel like I would never let that happen, however, there is no way to predict my actions when the...
  • Commented on IQ is it Nature or Nurture?
    Interesting article! If I had to guess I would say that genetics has more influence on IQ than the environment. But at the same time, I feel that the environment still has an equal pull on overall intelligence. What I...
  • Commented on An Office Romance
    Nice job using three terms from the book and explaining them in a clear and simple fashion. Also, you made a great choice in picking the office for your example, that definitely drew me in to read your article....
  • Commented on Is Beauty Universally Defined?
    Awesome article. The pictures really drew me in. I have heard of the elongated neck thing, but I have never heard of the lip plate. That thing is crazy! I wonder if it is more difficult to talk with that...
  • Posted Girls will be girls and boys will be boys to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Tough guys, macho men, and meat heads, we all know them. Some of us love them, and some of us don't. These three descriptions all have something in common: they are all directed towards men, and not women. Why is...
  • Commented on Detecting Lies
    I agree with you about not being accused in court cases without sufficient evidence. But, would you call a failed lie detector test significant evidence? A single lie detector test should never be the sole reason for a conviction, but...
  • Commented on Liar Liar
    Nice blog. I like how you spaced out your paragraphs with pictures; it made reading your post easy. As you said, it is incredible that we do not have better technology to detect lies. I wonder if we do have...
  • Commented on Kamikaze Pigeons!
    Nice article. The video was interesting and informative as well. I am not really sure what to think of pigeon bombs. My gut instinct tells me to never trust an animal with that much power. I feel like a pigeon...
  • Commented on Video Game Causes Boy to Shoot his Parents
    Interesting article. I think there is no doubt that kids become more aggressive when watching violent movies, however, I do not think that it has the same effect with video games. Being a "gamer" myself I never feel the same...
  • Commented on Forgetful Lucy
    Nice job with the blog! One thing that I was curious about is how Lucy remembers what she is doing during the day, but forgets everything she did from the previous day when she goes to sleep at night. Is...
  • Commented on Photograph Man
    Love the picture. Memento is a really good movie, but like you said, what the main character experiences can never happen. Life would be awesome if we could have 5 minute long short-term memories. It would make school much easier...
  • Commented on Where the Conscious Resides
    Nice article. Human consciousness is without a doubt an incredible area of study. With all the research that has been conducted to learn about consciousness it is incredible that there is still so much left to do!...
  • Commented on Does Life Not Begin Until We Are 18-24 Months?
    Interesting and thought provoking blog. My opinion of your questions is that young babies are entirely stimuli orientated. What I mean by this is that they do things to feel pleasure or avoid displeasure, not because they actually know what...
  • Commented on False Advertisement or Brilliance?
    Nice article. I think that it is simply clever advertisement. Not only is the advertisement funny, but it is somewhat believable (as you mentioned) to young hormonal boys. To add to this, the advertisement is full of attractive people which...
  • Posted Dirty Mind? This One is for You to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Many people in the United States have probably never heard of classical conditioning. To add to this, many of the select group who have heard of classical conditioning probably do not completely understand how it works. What's funny is that...
  • Commented on Impossible Figures!
    Very creative article. I like how you incorporated serval examples into your blog. No matter how many times I stare at some of these pictures I still cannot figure out how they work! M.C. Escher is an artistic genius for...
  • Commented on Do You Hear What I Hear?
    Very interesting article. One of my teachers in high school did that same exact test. Something to think about is how different generations, when they were our age, would compare to us in this test. My hypothesis is that older...
  • Commented on Alcoholic: Born or Raised an Addict?
    This was a well written article. The picture is very funny and I like how you referenced it in your paper. You also did a nice job of adding an article and quoting from it to help strengthen your argument....
  • Commented on Born a Champion or Become a Champion?
    Very interesting article. Being a huge sports fan, I feel the same way as you, becoming a champion is determined both by your work ethic and your genes. I see you posted a picture of Michael Phelps; I know there...
  • Commented on To Those Misguided Vegetarians:
    Nice article. You did a nice job of including pictures, links, and quotations that help strengthen your thoughts. One thing to consider adding (I do not know if this was part of the prompt) is how being a vegetarian relates...
  • Posted Who Doesn't Love Babies? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Development is a crucial part to the success of humans and many other creatures. But what is development? It is progression from one stage to another in any way shape or form. Many psychologists try to uncover the secrets...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from seam0055