tiern102

• Commented on The Business World
    I also found the topic of IQ testing to be very interesting. I like how you were able to bring the idea of IQ testing into an accounting job. I too plan to be working for a major corporation following...
  • Commented on Mint, Dwight?
    This is a great blog! I also had trouble grasping the topic of classical conditioning when it was first introduced to us in class. Furthermore, I agree that seeing real-life examples of it, such as on "The Big Bang Theory,"...
  • Commented on It's All Around
    This was a really interesting blog! Psychology has been a long and tough course, and it makes sense to blog about Classical Conditioning since that was one of the subjects that we spent the most time on. You gave some...
  • Posted Long Lasting Sleep to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    There has been a lot that I have taken away from this psychology course over the last few months. I feel that the subject that will stay with me for the longest is the five stages of sleeping. I found...
  • Commented on From the Bystander Effect Arises Tragedy
    This was a very interesting blog! I enjoyed hearing your input on the bystander effect too. I was not aware of the story you wrote about, but I am shocked to learn the details of it. I can't believe that...
  • Commented on Luck of the Draw?
    Great blog! My family does actually fit this mold pretty well, but I am not surprised to hear that this isn't completely accepted in the scientific community. I was actually a little surprised to learn that this extensive of research...
  • Commented on Altruism: Are Your Relative's Lives More Important Than Yours?
    This was a very interesting blog! I thought that you did a very good job giving good examples to illustrate your topic. I have also learned about altruism in my Anthropology class, and I agree that many humans would not...
  • Commented on IQ is it Nature or Nurture?
    This was a great blog! I like how you used statistics as a strong aid to show both sides of the argument. Based on the evidence you provided, my feeling is that genetics plays a slightly larger role in intelligence...
  • Commented on Is Beauty Universally Defined?
    This was a great topic! The pictures really held the information together and gave good visual examples. It is interesting how features such as high cheekbones or a square jaw are considered universally beautiful. I wondering if features such as...
  • Posted worst.weight.loss.plan.ever. to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Millions of people across the world try new ways to lose weight every year. Some of these methods prove to be very effective, while others can end up being disastrous and even harmful to your health. But which diet plan...
  • Commented on Tiny Human, Big Brain.
    This is a very interesting topic! It is cool to learn about the stages that everyone goes through when they grow up. I would also say from your story that it sounds like your cousin is very smart for her...
  • Commented on Liar Liar
    Very interesting topic! It is odd that no one has invented a more effective way to detect lies after such a long period of time. I wonder if there are any scientific limits that are hindering scientists from discovering a...
  • Commented on Problems in Business
    This is a really interesting topic! It fits perfectly with the phrase, "time is money." For me, this topic also raises the question of whether or not were being taught the necessary skills in class to prepare us for the...
  • Commented on Kamikaze Pigeons!
    Both your video and blog were great! This was an extremely interesting topic that I was also surprised to hear about. I don't think I would ever completely trust any animal with any kind of weapon, but it's scary to...
  • Commented on How Did Your Parents Raise You?
    Your blog was very interesting, and I never knew that there were names for these parenting styles. I am curious about the studies done to see what type of parenting style works best and how they would measure the results....
  • Commented on Forgetful Lucy
    You did a good job deeply analyzing this movie and relating it to the text from class. I have seen this movie several times and I never would have guessed that the amnesia displayed in the movie was scientifically accurate....
  • Commented on Photograph Man
    I feel that you did a good job with your analysis. Its interesting to think how much better students would be at test taking if their short term memories lasted that long. Also, would humans make more scientific breakthroughs if...
  • Commented on When do you think you first became aware of yourself?
    I like the videos that you posted with your blog. They helped to back up the points that you were making. Also I think that your topic choice is very interesting. I too have wondered when I first became aware...
  • Commented on How Lion Taming Works
    I agree with what you stated in your blog. Good job correctly identifying the techniques that were used in the training of the lions. Also, the picture was very amusing and relevant to your topic....
  • Commented on Lionsgate: School of Autism
    I enjoyed the personal touch that was incorporated into your blog!It was great to hear about your experience with these kids! Also, the video helped to give me a better idea of what you were writing about. Lionsgate Academy seems...
  • Posted Where the Conscious Resides to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    It is difficult for psychologists to be sure of exactly what part of the brain consciousness resides in. However, recent studies have given them more evidence about what parts of the brain are involved. The Secret You provides evidence that...
  • Commented on Figure-Ground Perception: An Illustration of the World
    I liked how you started out with a very narrow topic, and expanded on it as you wrote to give the reader a sense of how it relates to a bigger picture. I think it would be interesting to see...
  • Commented on You Could Walk On This Water!
    I feel that you did a very good job analyzing your topic and the picture you added. I had to look at the picture several times before I realized that it wasn't an illusion! I also agree that Size Constancy...
  • Commented on Smelling the Beans in Brazil
    I also didn't know that bears had the strongest sense of smell. Do you have any idea which types of businesses might be using the Teen Buzz? Are there any laws against using it? The topics you discussed were very...
  • Commented on Man on the Moon
    I liked how unique your topic was. It really got my attention because I have some sort of background with it. I also think that just about everyone who reads this blog will be able to relate to it in...
  • Commented on Alcoholic: Born or Raised an Addict?
    I agree with you on your statement that environment has a bigger impact on alcoholism than genetics. These articles lead me to wonder how a person who comes from a family that has a history of alcoholism would act in...
  • Commented on Luckily, Mom Isn't Always Right...
    I also really enjoyed you putting a personal twist into your blog. It grabbed my attention right away and made me want to read the rest of it. In addition, I thought it was very effective how you analyzed your...
  • Posted Memory to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    The chapter in the textbook that I previewed was chapter 7, which is titled Memory. The first thing that I noticed as I was flipping through the pages was that there are a lot of abstract art clips in this...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from tiern102