whit1651

• Commented on The End of Psych 1001
    Loved the photo at the top...story of my life! Really enjoyed the picture as well and would definitely agree that this topic will stick in my mind because of all the time we spent on it! Great blog!...
  • Commented on The "Overdramatic" Bias
    Really enjoyed this article! Very very true. I do this all of the time..especially now around finals time! Liked the use of examples and love the picture! Great job!...
  • Posted To Defend or Not to Defend? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    One of the most interesting topics or sections I enjoyed in Psychology 1001 was "Major Freudian Defense Mechanisms." I found this really interesting because while reading this I really thought about how I react to situations and while reading the...
  • Commented on An Office Romance
    I really liked that you used Pam and Jim as your couple in this blog. Perfect choice! They really do do a good job of showing all three principles of a good relationship. I enjoyed how you outlined each principle...
  • Commented on Personality and Looks
    Love your twist on this topic. The video was very funny, but sadly can be very true. I like that you pointed out that personality plays such a a big role and that someone's level of attractiveness can drop dramatically...
  • Commented on To Catch a Liar
    I really enjoyed your post! I love the show lie to me and found this video very interesting! Interesting to know that there is no right way to detect if someone was lying or telling the truth! I love that...
  • Commented on The Role of a Father
    I found this post very interesting because I also chose to write about this topic! I really enjoyed the article. I definitely also feel like there is a decline with traditional families. I wonder why? I liked how you gave...
  • Commented on How does divorce affect children?
    I really enjoyed reading your blog and more about this topic. I have never experienced divorce, but can imagine how hard and confusing it must be for children, especially when they are younger. Balancing between my two parents would be...
  • Commented on Problems in Business
    I really enjoyed your blog post because I can completely relate. I worked in a restaurant for a few years and my managers were notorious for ignoring problems or finding the simplest solution, so later on the problem would just...
  • Commented on How Did Your Parents Raise You?
    I really enjoyed reading your blog and how you related it back to your personal life! Our parents definitely sound like twins because that is exactly how they are too! They could be best friends! I never thought about how...
  • Posted So who is this Father Figure? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    While looking for topics to choose through in our large selection, one caught my eye immediately. When I saw the role of fathers, I knew that this would be an interesting topic to do further research on. When I have...
  • Commented on A Loss of Memory
    I'm sorry about your grandpa, but really enjoyed how you incorporated personal experience into such a hard topic. I don't have any family members with Alzheimer's and know little about the issue, but from your story, I can definitely imagine...
  • Commented on 50 First Dates Though?
    I really enjoyed how you related this movie to what we were doing in class! Great example. The interactive picture and well-known movie make this easy to read and understand! Great work!...
  • Commented on Beckham Bares It All!
    Love that this was your topic! Interesting to look deeper into the advertisement to see what the publishers were really getting at! Great work...
  • Commented on Figure-Ground Perception: An Illustration of the World
    I really like this blog! It took me several times to look at the picture and see both the faces and the vase! Great work and nice topic!...
  • Commented on Do You Hear What I Hear?
    I love that you incorporated the mosquito ringtone into this! Good idea! I know many older people don't even think it exists because they can't hear it! But it is interesting to see that an iPod at full volume can...
  • Commented on We all love sleep, but...
    I have never heard that story before! Wow! I'm so shocked that this actually could happen. What horrible timing! I love the giraffe example! Good job incorporating humor into your blog! Love it...
  • Commented on Dog Tricks!!!
    Like all of the others, the first thing that caught my attention about this blog was the dogs of course! While reading this in the book, I was as well fascinated with the idea that reinforcements for dogs and that...
  • Commented on Is Autism Treatable?
    I really enjoyed your article! I liked the use of videos in your blog! Before I didn't know much about autism, but now I feel like I could explain it to someone else! Great job!...
  • Commented on To Those Misguided Vegetarians:
    I thought that your blog was very intriguing! I once was a vegetarian and understand the costs and benefits of it, but I couldn't agree more with your third article! This was such an interesting topic to read about and...
  • Commented on Luckily, Mom Isn't Always Right...
    I really liked how you linked this common debate back to your own personal life. The sources of articles were nice because they gave several different perspectives and were interesting to take a look at! I would suggest maybe linking...
  • Posted Uncovering the "BIG" issue of Nature vs. Nurture to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    With weight loss shows on every television network these days, people across the United States are consistently aware of the obesity take over in our country. With people as young as toddlers being considered overweight and even obese, how...
  • Commented on Minnesota Nice or Minnesota Ice?
    This is real? Who would have known! Very interesting to learn more about our country and if personality differs by region! Good work and this has me fully intrigued to read Chapter 14!...
  • Posted The "Shock" of Harming Others to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    After receiving this assignment, I immediately whipped out my five-pound text book and turned to page 493, only to find the words: Social Psychology. Since I have never taken a psychology course in my educational path, I started blankly at...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from whit1651