Zach Zelickson

• Commented on Psych 1001
    Ha yes!! I agree this was a great discussion i was surprised on the results of the most useful suplies. i would have never kept the crisco now and I probably would have tried to wander the forest which after...
  • Commented on Will you conform under the pressure?
    Ha I remember this video, great post Its funny because its true. I too thought that I would never conform, but the more I thought about it the more I realized I do it a lot. I also think its...
  • Commented on The Persistence of Memory
    Interesting post, Nice play on the memory aspect. This is something that stuck out for me as well, I also think it is interesting how our memories reside over time. I also never realized that flashbulb memories could also be...
  • Posted Consciousness Revisited to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    One of the things that stuck out to me the most during psych 1001 one was when we talked about where the consciousness resides "what makes you, you" self-awareness has always been an interest of mind. The idea of consciousness...
  • Commented on From the Bystander Effect Arises Tragedy
    I found this very upsetting. Its an amazing thing how it becomes acceptable in our minds to ignore situation just for the fact that we can rely on others to do it. Even worst, we all have done it before...
  • Commented on No one has the right to play GOD!!
    Great post topic. What you said is very true and i think will always be a problem in our world, there will always be people who will be trying to plan the role of God. I think that this also...
  • Commented on Bad weight loss plans
    I agree with note0033 that there should be more awareness of these issues because I feel that most people see bulimia and anorexia as "Issues" not mental illnesses and as life threatening. however I do know that there are tons...
  • Commented on Cookie Diet
    Great post! I think that the idea of eating cookies to diet is a good business idea because Siegel is definitely targeting the right crowd but in any other aspect that sounds just awful for you. I don't think that...
  • Commented on Being Strict isn't Always the Trick
    I also find it amazing how different my life would have been with a different parenting style, my parents fit on the more authoritative side, I cant even imagine a different way of being raised. contrary to your belief on...
  • Commented on Were you ever spanked as a kid?
    I definitely agree with lega0053 on this one, when growing up I was spanked as a child, and I believe it helped me in the long run, and that it is a very effective way of getting the point across...
  • Posted IQ is it Nature or Nurture? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    There are a lot of theories out there explaining the influences of IQ and it all falls back on the big question Nature or Nurture. Today, nearly all psychologists recognize that both genetics and the environment play a role in...
  • Commented on Video Game Causes Boy to Shoot his Parents
    Good post I remember seeing this as well. I do agree that video games influence children's behavior however I strongly feel that videos games do not cause of violence, but other things like poor living situations, bad parenting, or other...
  • Commented on Kamikaze Pigeons!
    Great Video! I see positives and negatives when it comes to the pigeon bombs. Its seems more like a crazy science project and its hard for me to believe it was ever considered. I thought it was great that he...
  • Commented on Photograph Man
    Very cool relation, also good movie, I think that having a stronger short-term memory would be extremely beneficial, being able to glance at a something and being able to retain it longer would be amazing. great to also point out...
  • Commented on Photograph Man
  • Commented on The Chinese Effect and the Importance of Being Multilingual
    Great post! I also believe that the importance of being bilingual has been increasing especially in america. I found it interesting that the brocas area is different for a bilingual or a monologuist, I myself have tried drastically to become...
  • Commented on How Lion Taming Works
    Great topic choice, perfect example of operant conditioning and positive reinforcement, great way to explain how something so vicious and powerful could be tamed, its amazing how the brain can be shaped and trained, I also find the above comment...
  • Commented on Is Autism Treatable?
    I've Seen the Movie Temple Grandin and I feel the same as you when it comes to Autism. It can be treated and dealt with. Most people don't really understand Autism and I believe that its a huge problem, the...
  • Commented on Smelling the Beans in Brazil
    Great topic, I have never heard of "Teen Buzz" but after reading it seems very interesting. it is strange that even though we all (human and animals) have the same senses but we have natural variations in the strength of...
  • Commented on Impossible Structures and their Vanishing Points
    Art is one of my favorite hobbies and I have taken my fair share of art classes but there is something special when it comes to vanishing points and optical illusions it requires a lot of skill to do it...
  • Posted Understanding Consciousness to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Where does consciousness reside "what makes you, you" self-awareness has always been an interest of mind. The idea of consciousness amazes me, how does it happen? Why is it unique to everyone? And where does it reside? Marcus de Sautoy...
  • Commented on Uncovering the "BIG" issue of Nature vs. Nurture
    I also agree, your use of media was great! But your stats really surprised me. When you said "The study claims that childhood obesity is 77% because of genetics and 23% due to the environment that the child grew up...
  • Commented on Born a Champion or Become a Champion?
    Your article seemed very interesting to me because it has changed my opinion of the Nature Vs. Nurture debate, the way you compared it to athleticism really shined light on this topic for me, before I believed that the way...
  • Commented on Identical Twins Living Identical Lives
    After hearing that incredible story on the twins named "Jim" I was amazed by the similarity of their lives, but I feel that this must be a coincidence, Some type of correlation causation, just because it happened once doesn't mean...
  • Posted Stress, Coping, and Health to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Chapter twelve starts out about stress. The chapter explains what stress is and the different types of stress people experience. Stress is the tension, discomfort, or physical symptoms that arise when a "situation" Strains our ability to cope effectively. The...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from Zach Zelickson