spaet061

• Posted big brain to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    "Brain cells fire in patterns" - the 5 words from steven pinker point out that in our brains, the neuron is king. Neurons are not large, powerful, or individually all that capable. When neurons form networks with adaptive connections, however,...
  • Posted This is interesting - and not for credit to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    I just saw this online - I've already done all the blog posts I need but I figured I might as well put it up. It's an article in the New York Times about how Chimps and Humans differ when...
  • Commented on The Power of Birth Order
    I am the younger of two siblings and I must say I see these effects in my own life, or at least I think I do (who can know, given the power of suggestion). I have noticed some diplomatic tendencies...
  • Commented on The unfortunate truths of Alzheimer's
    I believe there was recently an advance in Alzheimers research relating to the way in which Tau proteins move through the brain to disrupt activity. As new imaging techniques are developed we should get a better and better idea of...
  • Commented on How Would You Rate Yourself?
    As a business major I have seen a few examples where this can be especially important. This story just this morning was about a critical economic indicator on Wall Street - determined by a self-reported survey of banks - being...
  • Commented on Reading minds... commercially
    Okay I think I got it figured out finally - I hope this isn't the first time anyone has been able to see this....
  • Posted Better to forget? to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    From the perspective of a college freshman, I am tempted to think I would love to have an infallible memory. I could easily remember every due date and every snippet of lecture on command - or the name of that...
    well the internet really isn't cooperating very well with me today. The post loaded to the site when I was just trying to do my first preview, fortunately I had said pretty much what I wanted to say. If you...
  • Posted Reading minds... commercially to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    The classic image of someone who has gone classically and irrevocably paranoid in modern popular culture usually involves a secret home hidden from civilization and a tinfoil hat to protect them from powerful well-funded organizations who are working diligently to...
  • Posted Escape the World Trade Center on 9/11 or be a meanie --- which would you choose? to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Chapter 12 covers the body's response to disruptive stimuli, more familiarly known to us normal humans as stress, and the various effects and causes that go along with it. The first thing you need to know about stress is that...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from spaet061

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page