leex5430

• Commented on Chocolate...?
    I was surprised to see that the shaping was discovered B.F. Skinner in UofM. I think shaping is the key for the animal training and I appreciate it. Without the discovery of shaping, we couldn't have seen the dolphin's amazing...
  • Commented on 19 Kids and COUNTING?!
    I think that 19 children is too many children and the parents could not have enough time to take care of each kid. In my opinion, it is very important to pay enough attention to the each kid because usually,...
  • Commented on How to defend your anxiety
    Among the defense mechanisms, I think I use the rationalization more often than other mechanisms. Whenever I get anxiety, I usually try to provide reasonable explanations to myself for unreasonable events that I have been engaged. Personally, the rationalization is...
  • Commented on The "Correct" Way to Raise Children
    I think there is one correct way for parents to raise their children. Different parenting style has its advantages and disadvantages and it is often relied on cultural perspectives. For example, even though permissive parenting style could be the best...
  • Commented on <font color="turquoise">Oh Memories.</font COLOR>
    By the way, I really love your colorful fonts. It was the best design blog ever. Because of the concept, universal adaptivity, the early education is very important and it usually has a great impact on children. In addition, depending...
  • Commented on Drugs, Drugs and More Drugs
    I think problems regarding drug abuse needed to be strongly taken care of by government, especially illegal drug abuse. Because drug abuse could cause many social problems. government needs to find education and prevention programs for people at high rick...
  • Commented on Stuck in a rut
    I also think that teamwork and collaboration is important for problem solving. When someone tries to solve a problem, it is hard to take care of all the aspects of the problem. Thus, someone could be likely to be biased....
  • Commented on If you can do it, I can do it
    I agree with that there is lots of social comparison between guys than between girls when it comes to strength. In addition, it is frequently observed in everywhere such as the gym or the recreation center. I guess that guys...
  • Commented on Lie to me, baby
    I think lie detecting is related to how sensitive you are along with the practices. If you are the sensitive person, you are more likely to do a good job at lie detecting because the less sensitive person might less...
  • Posted Blood Type & Personality Traits to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    According to BellaOnline's Japanese Culture Editor, "The desire to know about blood type, started because of an assertion from the West, which stated that Asians were lower, in the evolutionary chain and that they were more closely related, to animals...
  • Commented on One of the oldest debates in psychology, which side are you on?
    I think that both nurture and nature factors influence on personal traits. My mom said that physically, I look very similar to my dad when he was around my age, but the personality between me and my dad is a...
  • Commented on Flynn effect fluctuation
    In my opinion, among the four reasons, the first two reasons are the most supportive. Compared to the time of my grandfather's, tasks in modern life are much less complex mainly because of developed technology. In addition, the rapid development...
  • Posted IQ Score Matter? to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    The term IQ, or Intelligence Quotient, generally explains a score on a test that rates the subject's cognitive ability. I remember that I took an IQ test when I was in the middle school. At that time, I believe that...
  • Commented on Not hungry... or...
    I agree with that the eating disorders are caused from the media. I believe that people always get to see many good-looking celebrities through TV shows and then, they start compare their body shape with the top models' or actresses'....
  • Commented on Sara Beth
    I agree with you that Societal attitudes towards people with mental disabilities has improved over the last 60 years. This is a great thing to watch. Actually, one of my friends, he has a physical disability so that he can...
  • Commented on Parenting Styles
    I think you made a very interesting point; cultural effects play a major role in parenting. Personally, there is correlation between cultural background you have grown up with and the parenting style. In Korea, the authoritarian parenting style is the...
  • Commented on CH4:Visual perception
    The visual illusion is one of the most interesting topic to me throughout the psychology 1001 course. The visual illusion is also called an optical illusion and it is characterized by visually perceived images that differ from objective reality. I...
  • Posted Hypnosis to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    While reading chapter 5, I came across a section on hypnosis. According to the chapter 5, hypnosis is defined that a set of techniques that provides people with suggestions for alterations in their perceptions, thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. The use...
  • Commented on Phiten: Powerful or Placebo?
    This is an interesting topic. A placebo is an inactive "look-alike" treatment because there is no medicine invloved in the tratment. Once, I have heard that the placebo tratment could be very useful because that doesn't directly affect the illness...
  • Commented on The Power of Birth Order
    I totally agree with the theories. I have two siblings, one older brother and sister. Compared to them, I am the only one who do not mind risk taking. For example, my sister and my brother always talks about that...
  • Commented on There are Two Sides to Every Brain
    The Right Brain/Left Brain Quiz was very fun. I assumed that I am more toward right brain by just seeing the fact that left brain is very scholary and analytical. In addition, the result actually shows that I am the...
  • Posted Overview of Chapter 10 to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Human Development Through Life Span Basically, chapter 10 covers development psychology, the study of how a person's behavior changes over his/her life span. The changes are not only including physical changes but also psychological changes. Interestingly, in the chapter 10,...
  • Posted Overview of Chapter 10: Human Development to Overview of Chapter 10
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from leex5430

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page