neilx035

• Commented on Not hungry... or...
    Honestly, the evolution of society as a whole is the reason for eating disorders and ultimately insecurities in general today. Not only the media, but the development of the notion of what is "right" and "desirable" are at fault. It...
  • Commented on IQ Score Matter?
    Regardless of the career, IQ does in fact make a difference in my opinion. Because IQ tests evaluate the mind's capacities and efficiencies, it will gauge whether or not an individual will be able to adapt to new things and...
  • Commented on Please keep your distance
    These proxemics are definitely prominent today, but like others have said, the distances of these are becoming inevitably closer. I personally don't find it that alarming to speak with people at a personal distance, even if I had just met...
  • Commented on To soft, to hard, or Just right?
    Your analysis of each parenting style was in good taste. The descriptions are very accurate and I would agree with most everything you described. I grew up with an Authoratative parenting style and for me it worked great. It's a...
  • Posted The Battle Against Ignorance to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    There are several things throughout this psychology course that I believe will linger with me for many years to come, but I think the most valuable and probably most simplistic concept that will remain a part of my arsenal is...
  • Posted ACT? SAT? IDK! to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Colleges these days seem to put quite a bit of weight on standardized tests (ACT, SAT) when making admission decisions. I have never been a huge fan of this tactic, but from what I've learned through the Psychology text among...
  • Commented on Children and Technology; is it too much?
    I think there's two things to consider when determining technologies impact on a child's life/childhood. I don't believe that technology itself is detrimental to the child's development. Exposure to technology and the thinking/skills required to utilize the technology is going...
  • Commented on 19 Kids and COUNTING?!
    The speculation on whether 19 kids is too much or not really comes down to the specific scenario. If this family has so far made things work well, and if in the future there are no detrimental emotional or relationship...
  • Commented on Sara Beth
    Thanks for sharing this post. I think the patience and receptiveness, as you said, of society as a whole is definitely increasing at a pleasing rate. Everything that is being done now for people with these kinds of special needs...
  • Commented on Parlez-vous Bilingual? Reasons to learn a second language
    Thank you for choosing such a logical and applicable topic to write about! I am also an advocate of bilingualism. I unfortunately cannot say I am fluent in two languages (yet), but I've had many years of German studies and...
  • Commented on Heaven is For Real
    Firstly, thank you for choosing a very interesting topic that you are seemingly educated about. Secondly, I have no idea how I hadn't already heard of this book or story. This is quite the controversial claim. I'm quite biased on...
  • Commented on The Alzheimer Epidemic
    I feel as though Alzheimer's is a very troubling epidemic as you put it, and unfortunately we probably will never find a cure or solution. The brain is far too vast of an instrument and the information we know about...
  • Commented on Baby Einstein: Dont let him teach your babies.
    Thanks for sharing these findings and opinions. I find this topic rather interesting and have always had a set opinion against the findings you stated. Though I'm sure some research has pointed in the direction of tv/educational television still "rotting...
  • Commented on Staring at the Stranger in the Mirror
    I actually don't believe the progression of self-awareness would play that large of a role in the acceptance/awareness of death. Being unable to recognize one-self in a mirror is one thing, but being aware of your physical condition, age and...
  • Commented on Did You Hear That?
    Surprisingly, this new trend is breaking news to me. I'm quite intrigued by this technology and idea, however. I think the factors that go into one's ability to hear high frequencies can not all be explicitly stated... there are probably...
  • Commented on Point Break
    I can empathize a bit to this situation. There was a suicide at my high school 2 years ago and the results are devastating. It is often difficult to see the symptoms before it's too late.. no one had any...
  • Posted Chocolate...? to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    The portrayal of operant conditioning in the popular sitcom "Big Bang Theory" quite accurately depicts the simplicity of said phenomenon in psychology. One of the characters simply offers another character a piece of chocolate each time she does something acceptable......
  • Commented on I thought I wrote this blog entry yesterday...
    This is a super interesting topic. Deja Vu specifically is present in my life (or so I think). There are numerous times when a certain set of events will begin to happen and it's as though I can predict what's...
  • Commented on The Power of Birth Order
    I remember being intrigued by these theories in my Intro to Psych course in high school. Personally, I find some validity in these theories, but like most I think they are largely wide-spread and specific circumstances must be considered. Nonetheless,...
  • Commented on Chapter 3 Overview
    This has so far been my favorite chapter to learn. The biology behind psychology is fascinating to me... the fact that we've spent so much energy attempting to decipher the brain and its functions, but still have SO much to...
  • Posted Gay-Switch Engage to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Chapter eleven introduces the ideas of emotion and motivations. It describes how individuals communicated these emotions to one another (verbally, or non-verbally), and what intrinsic or outside motivations lead to these emotions such as happiness, anger, and fright. I found...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from neilx035

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page