galva034

• Posted Harvards "Implicit Association Test"...hmmm... to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    For my 3rd entry I decided to take Harvard's "IAT" test and see what it was all about. You yourself can take the test if you so choose to (). My results were interesting. The final page read: "Your...
  • Commented on An essential molecule... A universial cure
    I LOVED THIS BLOG!! It's VERY true that staying well hydrated (drinking your weight in ounces of water/day) will actually make you eat less and stifle fake hunger. Plus, proper water hydration does amazing things for your mental function! I've...
  • Commented on 19 Kids and COUNTING?!
    I can see that maybe having 19 kids would be appropriate if you lived in the 1700's and needed to make sure that some of them survived famine and plague... but we live in the 21st century and medicine has...
  • Commented on Average? Or Extraordinary?
    Average people are a dime a dozen. I agree with you that different is better. I find that people who aren't mainstream individual's are more exciting and colorful, don't you? Besides, if it weren't for those "extraordinary" people who, might...
  • Commented on Hungry?
    I completely agree with "venka056" in regards to eating small portions throughout the day and not just large meals every so often. Eating small meals gives your body a constant source of energy and makes it less willing to store...
  • Commented on Not hungry... or...
    I personally struggled with an eating disorder (both anorexia nervosa and bulimia) for 7 years. It wasn't until a few years ago that I would consider myself "recovered." From a personal stand point of the experience, I feel that it's...
  • Commented on Parenting Styles
    I think my parents were probably Permissive when raising me. Both of my parents are very relaxed people, and my younger brother turned out that way too. Unfortunately, I think I may have parented myself with the authoritative fist when...
  • Commented on Heaven is For Real
    I DEFINITELY appreciated your hard work and thoughts on this topic. I graduated from another university already with a degree in Theology, actually. After reading your paper I was completely blown away by your insight-fulness. Most lay people don't make...
  • Commented on Baby Einstein: Dont let him teach your babies.
    I TOTALLY agree with what researcher's have found, and I think it makes total sense. Of course these kids are going to have a lower language development if all their doing is watching TV all day! These other children who...
  • Commented on Autism and Vaccinations
    The theory that the MMR vaccine has potential to cause Autism has been around for years, just as you have stated in your paper. However, autism is found in Chromosome 15 (location: 15q11-q13 to be exact). The first dose that...
  • Commented on Killing Machines or Creative Geniuses?
    The one line that really struck me in your article was "A world featuring the juxtaposition of trained killing machines and creative geniuses..."I guess I could agree with the information showing that there would be increased response and accuracy with...
  • Commented on The unfortunate truths of Alzheimer's
    I did my 2nd writing on AD as well. From a scientific standpoint, I think we will be able to eventually (being the key word) over come the Blood Brain Barrier and figure out a proper way to fight against...
  • Posted Am I forgetting something? to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Chances are that most of us have heard of Alzheimer's disease before, and we may know a family member who suffers from the terrible disease. A startling statistic shows that Alzheimer's is the "fourth leading cause of death for...
  • Commented on Phiten: Powerful or Placebo?
    I totally agree that these bracelets are bunk (so are the metallic ones that supposedly increase your circulation). How is it possible that a titanium-water resistant band is going to help increase your endurance, when it's your own brain that's...
  • Commented on Nature, Nurture, or...
    I really enjoyed the end of your entry because you brought up some interesting thoughts on how the twin who is experiencing a great deal of struggle with autism also has a heart condition and needed to undergo a corrective...
  • Commented on ESP; survey says we believe in it!
    "Socrates explains that the human soul is immortal and has been born many times. The soul has seen everything that there is to be seen and there is nothing that it has not learned. Therefore, it is not absurd to...
  • Commented on There are Two Sides to Every Brain
    These were really fun experiments to try. I used both and was able to only view the woman spinning to the left, and I scored a 12 for left side dominance and a 5 for right side dominance. I think...
  • Posted Cognitive Behavior Therapy...something to THINK about to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    The topic that I found most interesting in Chapter 16 was on Cognitive Behavior Therapy. Mostly because it was something that I have personally gone through. This type of behavioral therapy is focused for those who have difficulty with...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from galva034

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page