Kody Kolb

• Posted Stuck in a rut to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    I can remember many times in which I have fallen victim to one or more of the obstacles in problem solving. I have taken many math classes in my life, and the higher in calculus you go, the more creative...
  • Posted Subconsciously Racist Russell to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    I just took the "Decision 2012" IAT. It was quite interesting. According to this I have a moderate implicit preference for Mitt Romney compared to Barack Obama. I also have a slight implicit preference for White People compared to Black...
  • Posted EXTRA EXTRA!! FACEBOOK CAUSING ALL OF GREECE'S PROBLEMS!! to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    If there is one concept in psychology that I learned this semester that I think I will remember and use for a long time, if not the rest of my life, it's the correlation vs. causation fallacy. I notice...
  • Commented on Flynn effect fluctuation
    I think another potential factor could be the fact that schools across the country are not pushing students as hard as they used to. I realize that some people are smarter than others, but that doesn't necessarily mean we should...
  • Commented on One of the oldest debates in psychology, which side are you on?
    I want to say that physical appearance and body is completely nature and personality traits are completely nurture, but I cannot completely embrace that. Obviously your appearance can change with nurture, like weight loss/gain, height due to nutrition, etc, but...
  • Commented on Wait what, you have never been grounded?
    My parents were authoritative. I have definitely been grounded before, but when I did, it was for a good reason. They never grounded me for stupid things. They were not unnecessarily strict, but they were strict on the things they...
  • Commented on You RACIST!
    Regardless of what a test tells you or does not tell you, it is nearly impossible to live in today's society without having some kind of stereotype or prejudice against races other than your own. We often do not act...
  • Commented on Please keep your distance
    Most of us experience personal distance or closer with complete strangers every day. We sit in lectures with people we don't know. Our elbows or arms often touch, and sometimes it can be uncomfortable. We even sometimes make ourselves physically...
  • Commented on IQ Score Matter?
    It completely depends on the type of job. If it is a job that requires learning a very complex thing, such as a computer programmer, then I believe that an IQ test could definitely correlate with job performance. If it...
  • Commented on Hungry?
    There are a few things that I have (tried) to implement into my daily routine in order to control hunger. Chewing gum or drinking water/low calorie juice (like Crystal Light) can help with hunger. Also, carrying around a small bag...
  • Commented on ACT? SAT? IDK!
    I can only comment on the ACT, because I only took the SAT subject tests (math and chemistry). I think that the ACT caters to students that are better in math and science. The English and Reading sections on the...
  • Commented on Reading In Between The Lies
    I know this is unrealistic, but if there were people who were foolproof lie detectors, we would have to get more than one to work on each case. It is exactly the same as our government. If there were no...
  • Commented on Liar Liar Pants on Fire!
    My mother works for the federal government, doing background checks on people trying to get jobs with the government. She interviews multiple people a day, and often comes across liars. She has a few tricks up her sleeve to tell...
  • Posted PUT THAT COOKIE DOWN!! NOW!! to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    It is very interesting to read about Lawrence Kohlberg's theory on morality. It seems to make sense to me. Children often do things or do not do things because they either want to be praised or not scolded by our...
  • Commented on Parlez-vous Bilingual? Reasons to learn a second language
    While I am not fluent in Spanish yet, I am proficient in Spanish. I can read and write it fairly well. But, anyway, I do think it is very important to be bilingual. It gives you an appreciation for other...
  • Commented on Heaven is For Real
    I think that it is simpler to believe that Colton is experiencing false memories created by phenomenas like the misinformation effect. I may be clouded because I am atheist, but I think that something that has been proven by researchers...
  • Commented on Do whatever the heck you want or Do exactly what I say or you're grounded?
    I think if parents took the mindset that parenting needs to be done in order to teach their children how to be productive and pleasant members of society, our world would be better off. Parents need to only be strict...
  • Commented on Reading minds... commercially
    I completely agree with you. Advertisers often use hidden ways of pulling out emotions in people. People don't always understand why they feel a certain way about a product. They just associate a feeling they had during an ad with...
  • Commented on The other world
    I was on Stumble Upon a lot my freshman year, and I came across this link with different strategies on how to train yourself to be able to lucid dream. http://www.luciddreamguru.com/ I started to train myself via the DILD (Dream...
  • Commented on Breaking a Mirror Means What?
    I think that it could be a combination of both. The idea of these superstitions are passed down from generation to generation, but they are believed because of experiences people have had with the superstition. People will use confirmation bias...
  • Commented on Did You Hear That?
    I have been exposed to this ringtone, moreso in high school. I had a teacher who was well into her 40s that could hear it. Does exposure to loud noises also affect our ability to hear this? Is it entirely...
  • Commented on Holy crap, what the heck was that?!
    I saw two right off the bat, then I had to turn up the brightness to see three more. I still cannot see seven! I'm not sure if this is related, but I was speaking with a friend who was...
  • Commented on Baby Geniuses?
    I think there may be a connection between self awareness and being able to remember early memories, but I think there may be more to it. While we are young, we have not yet learned the importance of many things....
  • Posted Staring at the Stranger in the Mirror to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    In the first portion of the BBC Horizon documentary, The Secret You, Oxford mathematician Marcus de Sautoy discusses the time when we become self aware. He spoke with a specialist conducting a mirror test on when, roughly, the human being...
  • Commented on Self-Control - Nature or Nurture?
    I think that people often have traits that would allow them to become drug addicts. They may have a rebellious attitude, an addictive personality, or they may be someone with very little self control. I would say that it is...
  • Commented on Genetics vs. Enviroment
    I believe that there are certain genes that may predispose someone to be more likely to be a criminal, such as anger, frustration, or apathy. I don't necessarily think there is a "criminal" gene, but certain characteristics that could cause...
  • Posted I thought I wrote this blog entry yesterday... to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Chapter 5 was entitled "Consciousness" and dealt with the biology of sleep, dreams, hallucinations, out-of-body and near-death experiences, déjà vu, etc. It also discussed different types of drugs and their effects on the mind. It basically dealt with all things...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from Kody Kolb

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page