kraus550

• Posted Flynn effect fluctuation to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    I am sure that all of us are aware of the Flynn effect seeing as we all learned about it in chapter 9. The Flynn effect is finding that average IQ scores have been rising at a rate of approximately...
  • Commented on ACT? SAT? IDK!
    I agree with you as well as many of the other comments that the ACT measures ones ability to take a test. The ACT does not measure work ethic it simply measures general intelligence. I think that the ACT is...
  • Commented on Please keep your distance
    I agree with this post. I myself like my personal space unless speaking with close friends or romantic partners. If I do not know someone that well I just don't feel comfortable if we are talking so close. I wonder...
  • Commented on Fat or Fit. Its Your Choice...Or Is It?
    I found that the "obesity gene" or melanocortin-4 receptor gene occurs in over 30% of the population. This is still a remarkably large percentage for a terrible mutation as it is. Many people do not realize that some people start...
  • Posted An essential molecule... A universial cure to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Some crazy statistic like 2/3 of America's the population is obese, and that is considering children as well as adults. The lottery question is, what is the cure for obesity? It turns out that water, the reason for life...
  • Commented on The Culprit Behind Overeating
    I think that eating is a a combination of choice and need. Humans need food to survive so we eat for that factor, but otherwise humans eat for social reasons or pleasure. The choice of eating involves the types of...
  • Commented on Emotion In ADs
    This add evoked an emotion from me, because I can imagine what it is like to have lost something and have it returned years later. "From fathers to sons Chevy runs deep" a quote that ends the commercial to imply...
  • Commented on Killing Machines or Creative Geniuses?
    This does change my view on gaming. I have never really believed that gaming has lead to increased aggression among those that play. You bring up a good point that those that play have an increased decision making and response...
  • Commented on Do whatever the heck you want or Do exactly what I say or you're grounded?
    Children are going to be brought up differently based on the environment they live in, the stability of the household, and the way their parents teach them. Every parent should teach authoritative, because this is the best way to develop...
  • Posted The other world to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Dreaming is an extremely complex and interesting topic that is extremely unique, and is hard to believe that it happens every night even though some may not ever recall their dreams. Yes, dreaming happens every night and during dreaming...
  • Commented on Breaking a Mirror Means What?
    I think that these superstitions come from word of mouth via folk tales and urban legends. I think that people sometimes always need to just believe something, so they hold onto superstitions and then through time these superstitions get passed...
  • Commented on The Power of Birth Order
    I agree with the findings as well. I am the oldest in my family of my parents and two younger siblings. I would say I strive to be a good role model for my younger brother and sister, and with...
  • Commented on Can you memorize all the addresses in your high school's phone book?
    Autism is a terrible disease in which basically the individual is curled up in a corner his or her whole life because lack of social and intellectual traits have set them there. It is terrible because many people do not...
  • Commented on The Command Center!
    Bipolar disorder is genetic and is a product of many gene malformations many which are still being discovered. Genes play a large role in bipolar disorder. Different sections of the brain are essential for performing the human's need for rapid...
  • Commented on The Command Center!
    Bipolar is considered genetic because. There are different parts of the brain for different functions because there are so many functions the human needs to be able to perform. If the brain worked as one single unit, it would not...
  • Commented on Self-Control - Nature or Nurture?
    I agree that drug abuse has to do more with the behavioral aspect rather than the inheritance aspect. I think that drug addiction just hooks the brain just like working out for example. An avid exerciser experiences the feeling of...
  • Commented on Learning: How Nurture Changes Us
    Do I think the human race would survive better if we learned at a slower pace? Frankly not because the world is always changing around us, and as humans it is our job to adapt to these changes and ultimately...
  • Commented on All You Need is Love
    I think people fall in love because as we grow older we realize living on our own is not fun anymore and we want someone to share our fun with. After we find that someone we only grow to know...
  • Commented on Somebody HELP!
    I would do anything i could to stop the aggressor, i would probably chase so he or she could not escape....
  • Posted Exceptional Intelligence to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Most of the population falls in the medium tear when we talk about intelligence with an average IQ of 100. However some of the population that scores 135 or higher on any IQ test is considered a genius or one...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from kraus550

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page