lame0090

• Commented on Autism & Perception
    That autism video impacted me as well! It makes me think like if there is so much improvement, you would think we would want to use the treatment for every autistic child, right? I thought it was amazing that all...
  • Commented on PUT THAT COOKIE DOWN!! NOW!!
    I think tardies are just silly. She could have let you off, especially since you had a bum ankle. You shouldn't have to carry crutches to prove it. But you did a really nice job of explaining Kohlbergs morality theory....
  • Commented on You Are Not Alone!
    I agree with you, but I think there is a time and place to conform and a time and place not to conform. I know that when I have a group project, I just say anything goes because my main...
  • Commented on Sensation And Perception
    It says different parts of the body are sensitive to different touch, which reminds me of something I heard. Apparently if you lick someones elbow while they aren't looking, they won't notice because they won't feel it! Do you know...
  • Commented on The Battle Against Ignorance
    I see things like this all the time! Or how they say Violent video games CAUSE children to be violent. People seem to fail to take into account other factors and third variables. I definitely think that the battle against...
  • Commented on Wait what, you have never been grounded?
    This is exactly how my relationship with my parents is! I thought I'd call that authoritative, but I'm thinking its more on the permissive side, seeing as I have never been grounded either. And I have an older sibling who...
  • Commented on To soft, to hard, or Just right?
    I'd say you summed those up pretty nicely! I know I have authoritative parents. They were a little more strict when I was younger but are very lenient and gave me and my brother a lot of freedom. My mom...
  • Commented on Real or fake side effects?
    That's really interesting. I remember reading about the nocebo effect, but I was not aware of the extent of how it can effect people. I guess I have done the same thing though once or twice. We had family over...
  • Commented on Enough is Enough
    Boredom, distractions, minesweeper, face book, sunshine.. I think these are the culprits of diminishing attention and ability to focus! At least for me they are. I personally think it is harder to learn over a longer period of time, but...
  • Commented on Breaking a Mirror Means What?
    I would definitely, like most people have said, say that Superstitions would have to be spread by word of mouth, but at the same time, someone would have had to witness the bad luck from the latter or have tried...
  • Commented on <font color="turquoise">Oh Memories.</font COLOR>
    First off, totally unrelated to content, I really like the style of your blog. It catches the eye! Second, I Thought the universal adaptivity was one of the coolest concepts and it makes me wonder why we WOULDNT want to...
  • Commented on Who's actually babysitting your children?
    Reading this reminds me of when I first started babysitting! I must have been 12 or 13, and I was changing my neighbors diaper. Which would have been fine, if I had known how to change a diaper. I do...
  • Commented on Drugs, Drugs and More Drugs
    Yes, drugs with always be out there, and even when one drug is combated, another will pop up or continue to thrive. But I think we, regardless of being a psychologist or not, can make sure people are aware of...
  • Posted Notable Abnormality to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    The most interesting aspect of this class in my opinion has been the recent subject of abnormal psych, dealing with mental disabilities and what is considered as "abnormal". I always considered the words abnormal and normal obsolete; Normal is just...
  • Posted Emoti-cons. :( to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    We all have emotions, the main 7 being happy, sad, angry, contempt, fear, surprise, and disgust. We can be happy and on top of the world, or sad and feel like nothing will ever get better. Most of our emotions...
  • Commented on ACT? SAT? IDK!
    I don't think these tests are necessarily fair because I know many people who spent many hours ( and dollars) studying for these tests only to be disappointed, but I do think they have a purpose and the emphasis...
  • Commented on Average? Or Extraordinary?
    I mean statistically they may say we prefer the average, but in reality, not every can like average, because not everyone is average. I'm on the same page as you in saying that a lot of people have different unique...
  • Posted Reading In Between The Lies to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    I'm good at rollerblading, baking, and many other things, but lying does NOT fit in to the categories of things I'm "good at". One look at my face and even the silliest most unimportant lie can be detected. Dr. Lightman...
  • Commented on Forget Me Knot.
    If being forgetful now is in fact a sign of the disease, I am right with you with thinking I'll have Alzheimer's. I'd lose my head if it wasn't attached. And as you mentioned, there are no current cures for...
  • Commented on The other world
    My brother used to always say he could control his dreams, and honestly I thought it was a bunch of nonsense. Like I have always thought dreams sending signs was nonsense. Now that i think about it though, I think...
  • Commented on Better to forget?
    Having a Perfect memory would be more of a curse than a benefit. Like Ms. Price, you would be trapped. And With that, We learned that what we remember isn't always what actually happened. It would almost be like living...
  • Posted Who makes your decisions? to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    I have always been a firm believer that everyone has free will, and that they can choose what they would like on their own accord. Marcus de Sautoy has led me to question this. He underwent a fMRI in a...
  • Commented on Nature Vs. Nurture- A Twins Perspective
    You asked "Is who we are determined by our genetics or shaped by the environment in which we developed? ". I would have to say that nurture does play a huge role in the way siblings are different from or...
  • Commented on Self-Control - Nature or Nurture?
    I agree that missing the environmental causes is pretty strange for a drug study, and a pretty big miss, but I do not agree that the environmental factors are more important than biological factors when it comes to drug addiction....
  • Posted Change Ahead to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Chapter 10 focuses on Human Development, and provides insight and answers on major questions like: how do we change, and why? The developing body, mind, and personality are all topics covered in this chapter. Development of the mind, in...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from lame0090

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page