leetz001

• Commented on Ego
    I feel that the iceberg image varies person to person. Some areas should be more under water than others because some people work more through the ego portion and some people tend to fall more heavily on the super ego,...
  • Commented on Reading In Between The Lies
    Another way that applies to real life would be my experience in retail. We were not allowed to accuse someone of shoplifting even if we were 100% sure they stole something because of the miniscule percentage that they didn't. We...
  • Commented on Hungry?
    I feel that many of us mistake hunger for thirst. So drinking a glass of water before a meal may help with portion control. Also, the availability and apparent cheapness of the fast food we have around us all the...
  • Commented on Average? Or Extraordinary?
    I myself judge my future mates on personality to start. Then I take in whether or not they are attractive or see things I can sacrifice for their wonderful personalities. I tend to lean more towards the "pretty-boy type" but...
  • Commented on Please keep your distance
    I feel like people in power also vary in these areas. They either feel that they should be extremely far away from their subordinates when talking or should be extremely close. I find it weird the different approaches they have...
  • Commented on To soft, to hard, or Just right?
    Those categories seem to fit nicely! Although, it all depends on the family. My parents were very lenient with my older brothers until they started to get into trouble. Then they cracked the whip on me even though iI was...
  • Commented on One of the oldest debates in psychology, which side are you on?
    Many of our characteristics are definitely inherited through genes. Mostly appearance and general habits. I feel that our environment shapes who we will become greatly as well though. It just depends what personality traits we have that will either motivate...
  • Commented on Flynn effect fluctuation
    That is true that Americans tend to be overweight and do not know how to eat right. However, someone who is fed vs. someone who is struggling for food is different. The brain is getting nutrients from bad food. Whereas...
  • Commented on Blood Type & Personality Traits
    I think that personality is so generally explained, that the personalities that lie within blood types are also general. One may label themselves as outgoing, but others that know that person well may label them as shy or introverted. It...
  • Commented on Let's be rational here...
    I really liked this topic as well. I know that I need more sleep but I tend to ignore the fact because I focus better on my homework at night. Just an FYI - a good way to deal with...
  • Commented on As if I needed to be more critical...
    I just did a research paper that definitely applies to this topic as well. I found out the history behind tattoos and how they got their stigmas throughout the years. I feel that many people judge a person negatively too...
  • Commented on Who's actually babysitting your children?
    I don't think that babysitters would have such popularity if they didnt do SOMETHING right. The general knowledge needed to take care of a child is instilled in women beacuse we are maternal creatures. That is why we don't see...
  • Commented on Will I Remeber Psychology? Memory Reconstruction
    I agree, I have many memories that I look back on now and realize the situation I actually was in wasn't as delightful as I ha found it originally. My freshman year went by in a flash. Doing certain tasks...
  • Commented on Notable Abnormality
    I love your comparison to the washing machine. So true. I completely agree with the "normal" fact as well. I feel like the society is trying way to hard to shape what the normal person SHOULD be. I know I...
  • Commented on EXTRA EXTRA!! FACEBOOK CAUSING ALL OF GREECE'S PROBLEMS!!
    I 100% agree! Correlation vs. causation is the open door to new doors. Many people are too ignorant to see past the first door. My example would be the fact I have been sick with some sort of tonsilitus for...
  • Commented on Stuck in a rut
    Problem solving is all about teamwork and being open minded. Yes, you wont always have another person to brainstorm with but collaborating will always spark new ideas to help someone think differently about a problem. Your parnter may not know...
  • Commented on Good=Cookie Bad=Timeout
    I feel that people tend to stray away from stituations that they do very good things in, but in turn, do not get rewarded how they feel is appropriate. Which is the opposite of what should happen. The best work...
  • Commented on Remembering Perception
    I really like the idea of perception as well. Especially in the color aspect! What some people think is blue, another may find to be a purple. Also, what people THINK they remember about a memory and what actually happened...
  • Commented on If you can do it, I can do it
    Not only do men partake in the social upward and downward comparisons, but women do EVERYWHERE. Comparing ourselves to the media and what they portray to the "average-janes" walking around campus. We look at other women in the streets, "wow...
  • Posted Lets Get Physical!..... to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Chapter 10 goes into depth about the development of the human body and brain. Much of us have heard this song or atleast vaguely remember it from the elementary days of learning about the human body! Developmental psychology is the...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from leetz001

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page