lind1101

• Commented on Notable Abnormality
    "Normal is just a setting on a washing machine anyway" -- I love this! I find that society likes to dictate what is normal and what is not....sometimes for better, sometimes for worse....
  • Commented on The Battle Against Ignorance
    I too am fond of the correlation does not equal causation principle and think I'll be using this approach to reasoning for a long time. Plus, 'scientific-principle-follower' has far more credibility than 'hater' or 'skeptic.'...
  • Commented on Autism & Perception
    I also really liked the Autism video! It's always nice to see a success story especially when it impacts so much of one's life. My nephew is on the autism spectrum and it made me change my approach to rewarding...
  • Posted As if I needed to be more critical... to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    I'm so excited that I've found yet another way to be more critical towards blanket statements people say. Thank you Psychology 1001! Early on in this course I was happy to learn the many heuristics we utilize as the cognitive...
  • Commented on Liberals vs Conservatives: Who's Right?
    Great post! I've always felt that the underscoring difference between political parties/beliefs was a difference of foundational beliefs. So yes, I agree with Haidt's theory. Like you, I'm unsure of how well "listening and compromising" will work in today's world....
  • Commented on Parenting Styles
    I thought this topic was interesting too. I had a somewhat split parenting approach because my parents divorced when I was young. Growing up with my mom, she was the epitome of permissive whereas my dad and step mom were...
  • Posted Parlez-vous Bilingual? Reasons to learn a second language to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    In full disclosure, I am a staunch advocate of learning a foreign language. The topic of foreign language learning, immersion teaching in particular, has long been very fascinating to me. As someone who has studied and worked abroad, I greatly...
  • Commented on Emotion In ADs
    I loved this commercial when I saw it -- while I don't want to go out and buy a Chevy right away, it has the effect of leaving an impression which some day may influence me to buy their product...
  • Commented on The Alzheimer Epidemic
    I too really enjoyd the TED video. It's ironic how prolonging life with advanced research and new drugs may only lead you to another ailment that is waiting for you further down the line. I too would love to find...
  • Commented on big brain
    I like the questions you pose, however I cannot say that I'll be able to answer them. I don't necessarily think that humans will become a piece of the brain puzzle, as you suggest because in the end it's humans...
  • Commented on Phiten: Powerful or Placebo?
    Thank your for finally dispelling the "magic" of these bracelets necklaces. For the past couple years I often wondered why this is a "trend" and what the actual payoff is of wearing these ridiculous things. Many of my baseball-minded friends...
  • Commented on There are Two Sides to Every Brain
    Great entry; I officially have blog entry envy. I scored the same score on the quiz too --- but only saw the dancer moving clock-wise. I'm a southpaw as well and didn't realize that we're generally known for using the...
  • Posted Those crazy Brits to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    In full disclosure, I will not be confirming or denying that citizens of Britain are in fact crazy. Rather I'll be discussing this article I came across on BBC.com. Great headline, right? "Patients 'MORE LIKELY TO DIE' if admitted at...
  • Commented on Do we think in words?
    Re:Do we think in words? My initial reaction is that we think both in words and not. As we develop a vocabulary we veer away from non-word based thinking. I imagine that babies, prior to learning any words are able...
  • Posted (Ch.1) Evolutionary Psychology says ditch the toupee to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Briefly at the end of Chapter 1 the concept of Evolutionary Psychology is discussed. It is still considered a rookie in the field of psychology as it has much to prove and a few kinks to sort out. Evolutionary psychology,...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from lind1101

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page