thom3393

• Commented on Good=Cookie Bad=Timeout
    After reading your post, it made me realize that this concept is used at every stage in life. When things turn out good, you most likely receive some type of reward. When something bad is done, people suffer the consequences....
  • Commented on Remembering Perception
    I find this really interesting too and somewhat hard to wrap my mind around. Our brains do tricky things and no one's brains are alike. I like that aspect about each of us as an individual. My brain is most...
  • Commented on Emoti-cons. :(
    I do believe that it effects our communication skills not only in person but through emails or other forms of formal communication. People of our generation don't have as good as communication skills as those of our parents. My parents...
  • Commented on Let's be rational here...
    I found this interesting also. The fact that people are suppose to get 8-10 hours a sleep every night is so bizarre because who has the time. I love my sleep but in order to do well in school and...
  • Commented on <font color="turquoise">Oh Memories.</font COLOR>
    I also really liked the universal adaptivity concept and parenting styles. I feel that is a useful topic for all of us in the years to come due to starting families. The way a child is raised affects their outcome...
  • Commented on Who's actually babysitting your children?
    I love this post. Now that I think about, this would stick with my also in the next 5 years because I love working with kids and babysitting. I want to be a nurse in a children's hospital and I...
  • Posted You Are Not Alone! to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    On a day-to-day basis people deal with making decision, whether they are influenced by others or not. I feel that five years from now the idea of social influence and social psychology will stick with me. Unconsciously, fellow peers influence...
  • Commented on Not hungry... or...
    I feel that all three of these are contributors. I don't know anyone personally that has had issues with eating disorders but I have seen it in movies and TV shows. People look up to the people in the media...
  • Commented on ACT? SAT? IDK!
    I feel that it is ridiculous and unfair how much emphasis is put on the ACT/SAT for entry to college. I took the test multiple times and went to preparation classes to do well on it. The out come did...
  • Commented on Fat or Fit. Its Your Choice...Or Is It?
    I believe that the answer if 50/50. Some people are genetically overweight and some people just have bad habits and become obese. Although those that are genetically larger can take the time to become fit but I feel that it...
  • Commented on 19 Kids and COUNTING?!
    I feel that the number of kids per couple depends on multiple things. I feel that getting into the double digits is not 100% manageable for any couple though. Each child deserve equal amount of love and care, the more...
  • Commented on Killing Machines or Creative Geniuses?
    This is very interesting because it is trying to prove what we studied in class wrong. I do believe that age has a lot to do with the type of influences that is left a gamer. A younger child doesn't...
  • Commented on Do whatever the heck you want or Do exactly what I say or you're grounded?
    I believe that children are all brought up differently, it depends on the background of how to the parent was brought up. Each family has different expectations and morals that they follow. I was brought up by the authoritative way....
  • Posted Baby Einstein: Dont let him teach your babies. to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Parents all around the U.S. are spending their money on baby videos that help their children learn at a younger age while some parents won't allow their children to have any type of screen time. Video's such as Alphabet...
  • Commented on Reading minds... commercially
    I also agree, this is a cool thing to think about. I never realized that advertisers actually trick people into buying products. They say the opposite in all advertisements to make you want to see what the product is all...
  • Commented on The Alzheimer Epidemic
    The videos you posted were very interesting and entertaining to watch. I love hearing about Alzheimers because I work on memory care unit at an assisted living home. They say that the chance of getting the disease is very low...
  • Commented on Personal Connections To..... An Ad?
    I feel that this ad is really creative and definitely draws a connection us on a personally level with the ad being made out of people. One ad in particular that has made me feel strong emotions about is that...
  • Commented on Chocolate...?
    I agree with you that this type of training is very simple and easy. Almost as if it is a no brainer. This type of training may be used mostly with animals but I think it is used with humans...
  • Commented on Staring at the Stranger in the Mirror
    I do believe that it is hard to except who we are when we look in the mirror. Some may be able to grasp where others avoid believing that that is them they are looking at. I dont know of...
  • Commented on Did You Hear That?
    This is an interesting post. It is funny because I feel that alot of college students use their phone during classes where as in high school you forced not too. But with this ringtone anyone could get away with being...
  • Commented on There are Two Sides to Every Brain
    I thought your blog was very interesting and fun with the activities to try. When I took the quiz my scores for left and right brained were only one point off but I was more left-brained. Which i guess makes...
  • Commented on Self-Control - Nature or Nurture?
    I agree that drug addiction is not really something genetic. I feel that drug addiction comes from the area you grew up and what you saw or was taught was right. If the people you hang around with are doing...
  • Posted Genetics vs. Enviroment to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    After Wednesday's discussion I was very curious about whether or not our genes really do influence people's criminal behavior. It is weird to think that criminal behaviors are being blamed more and more on a persons background especially genes. I...
  • Posted Brain Mapping to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Chapter 3 gives us an over view of nerve cells acting as our communication portals, the brain as our behavior network, endocrine system, mapping of the mind, and how we become who we are. The one thing I find the...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from thom3393

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page