vuexx211

• Posted Good=Cookie Bad=Timeout to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    One of the most powerful things I learned is probably operant conditioning. I have witnessed operant conditioning before taking this class, but I never really looked more into it. I can say that operant condition is most evident in childhood....
  • Posted Less is More to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Week 7 Response (Response to Jhon's post on Role of TV on Child Development) Technology is affecting children. There is no question about it, there are currently 285 million televisions in US households, based on information from the Consumer Electronics...
  • Commented on Children and Technology; is it too much?
    I think both sides make a good point and technology has its benefits and down sides on children. In my opinion I think exposure to technology is beneficial to the children, but at the right age. Iphone apps may not...
  • Posted Liar Liar Pants on Fire! to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    In the television show "Lie to Me" psychologist Dr. Cal Lightman has the ability to determine when a person is lying based on nonverbal ques. One look at me and he would know exactly when I am lying because I...
  • Commented on The Alzheimer Epidemic
    I thought the TED video was very interesting. I do wonder how the population of the earth will look in that time period in comparison to the 16 million that is predicted to have Alzheimer's. I thought that number is...
  • Commented on Can't remember ALL your ZHEIMERS?
    I really like your pictures, I think that they show how Alzheimer's affects a person biologically. Especially the facts on the purple posters, I didn't know any of those things. I would say that I don't have a lot of...
  • Posted Personal Connections To..... An Ad? to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    When was the last time that you saw a really good ad? Do you remember how it made you feel? Well this ad does a great job at pulling forth the emotions that people experience through communication. When I saw...
  • Commented on Nature, Nurture, or...
    This is a very interesting subject. In my opinion epigenetics shouldn't be considered in the nature-nuture debate. This is because epigenetics doesn't affect the DNA sequencing of a person even though it may affect the gene expression within the cells....
  • Commented on ESP; survey says we believe in it!
    Great post! I personally have a small belief in ESP, but it's definitely not something supported by science. If anything it's a field that isn't supported by science. I will admit there have been times that I have found myself...
  • Posted To Do Or Not To Do? to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    When was the last time you put off something? Was it this Blog assignment? Well if it was then your not the only one. Chapter 6 talks briefly about procrastination, and how it can beCUREDThe method proposed by David Premack...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from vuexx211

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page