weisp010

• Posted Leadership Definition- 12 to Amy Weispfenning's Blog
    Last week's definition: People who show leadership are individuals that have clear and conscious values and ethical beliefs that they know, understand and use for developing skills, confidence, and competencies that are needed in leadership roles. Leaders use different and...
  • Posted Leadership Definition- 11 to Amy Weispfenning's Blog
  • Posted Leadership Definition- 10 to Amy Weispfenning's Blog
  • Posted Leadership Definition- 9 to Amy Weispfenning's Blog
  • Posted Leadership Definition- 8 to Amy Weispfenning's Blog
  • Posted Leadership Definition- 7 to Amy Weispfenning's Blog
  • Posted Leadership Definition- 6 to Amy Weispfenning's Blog
  • Posted Leadership Definition- 5 to Amy Weispfenning's Blog
  • Posted Leadership Definition- 4 to Amy Weispfenning's Blog
    Last week's definition: People who show leadership are individuals that have clear and conscious values that they know, understand and use for developing skills, confidence, and competencies that are needed in leadership roles. Leaders use different and multiple styles of...
  • Posted Leadership Definition- 3 to Amy Weispfenning's Blog
    Last week's definition: People who show leadership are individuals who are influential, confident, intelligent, optimistic, responsible, determined, charismatic, and trustworthy. Leaders use different and multiple styles of leadership. The six most common styles are coercive, authoritative, democratic, pacesetting, and coaching....
  • Posted Leadership Definition- 2 to Amy Weispfenning's Blog
    Last week's definition: When I think of the word leadership, the first thing that comes to my mind are famous political people like President Obama, Hillary Clinton, President Lincoln, etc. These people are influential, confident, intelligent, optimistic, responsible, determined, charismatic,...
  • Posted Leadership Definition- 1 to Amy Weispfenning's Blog
    When I think of the word leadership, the first thing that comes to my mind are famous political people like President Obama, Hillary Clinton, President Lincoln, etc. These people are influential, confident, intelligent, optimistic, responsible, determined, charismatic, and trustworthy. I...
  • Posted Stamp Out Stigma- The U of M Offers FREE Services! to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    I think most American's feel that there is a stigma around psychological disorders. People think that they are weak or may seem weak if they seek help for mental illnesses. I, personally, have not been affected by a mental disorder...
  • Commented on Not hungry... or...
    I have never suffered from an eating disorder or known someone with an eating disorder. I personally think that eating disorders are mental disorders. There is research that shows that eating disorders are genetic. If a parent has/had an eating...
  • Commented on Reading In Between The Lies
    I am not familiar with the show mentioned; however, I think it would be very interesting if someone could tell when people are lying. I think it is important to know the truth in situations where people have been hurt...
  • Commented on Hungry?
    I agree that Americans are gaining weight at astonishing rates. I think there is a couple main factors which lead to weight gain. I agree that not eating meals on a regular schedule leads to unhealthy snaking throughout the day....
  • Posted 19 Kids and COUNTING?! to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    I thought that the topic of Parental Investment, which was covered in lecture, was extremely interesting. I think most people are familiar with the Duggar family, stars of TLC's show "19 Kids and Counting". Like the title suggests, parents, Jim...
  • Commented on Fat or Fit. Its Your Choice...Or Is It?
    I agree that a person may be genetically predisposed to being overweight, however, I definitely think that how a person eats and exercises has a much bigger impact on their weight. Many people are predisposed to a variety of diseases...
  • Commented on An essential molecule... A universial cure
    I personally think that there is nothing better than an ice cold glass of water! However, I know that many people think differently. As Americans, we are so used to drinking sweet iced lattes for breakfast, pop with our popcorn...
  • Commented on Children and Technology; is it too much?
    I got my first cell phone when I started high school. I find it amazing what small children can do on cell phones now days. I have several young cousin who know how to operate their parents cell phones. I...
  • Commented on Killing Machines or Creative Geniuses?
    I feel like I have a very neutral view on video gaming. I do not support or condone it. I find your research interesting because it suggests that children who play video games are more creative and are faster decision...
  • Commented on Parlez-vous Bilingual? Reasons to learn a second language
    I agree that children should be taught a second language in elementary school. All research shows that it is beneficial for children! I even did a study on bilingual children while taking an AP Stats course in high school. Even...
  • Commented on Baby Einstein: Dont let him teach your babies.
    Most parents want their children to be smart! So, if someone tells them that a particular product, like Baby Einstein, will make their children smart, chances are they'll buy it, especially if it's the "new" thing on the market. I...
  • Commented on Autism and Vaccinations
    I think that it is extremely sad when people suggest that vaccines cause autism, especially when there is no science to support that claim (even after extensive research)! I feel that it is very selfish to make such a claim....
  • Commented on Am I forgetting something?
    Over winter break, I volunteered in the Memory Care Unit at a local nursing home. The Memory Care Unit is filled with elderly residence who cannot live on their own because they cannot remember which is extremely dangerous for their...
  • Commented on The Alzheimer Epidemic
    I love the movie "The Notebook". However, that seen is so sad and I would not wish it on any husband. Alzheimer's is a very devastating disease for the individual and their families. Fortunately, none of my family members have...
  • Commented on The other world
    I have never experienced lucid dreaming. However, occasionally, if I start to dream about something scary or uncomfortable, I realize it. I don't wake up, but I become conscious enough to stop dreaming or change the outcome of my dream....
  • Commented on Chocolate...?
    After doing the readings, watching the lectures, and attending discussions it has become apparent that animal training is quite simple and effective if trained in a correct way. I do not own dogs, but I have been around dogs quite...
  • Commented on Can you memorize all the addresses in your high school's phone book?
    I do not have any firsthand knowledge or experience with autism. However, I do have two cousins with the autism spectrum disorder, Asperger's syndrome. People with Asperger's have difficulties with social interactions and tend to have repetitive patterns of behavior...
  • Posted Sleep-Assisted Learning to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    This blog is in response to Jhon's entry "What is Consciousness?". I did this blog as replacement points for missing the discussion CON. In the blog, it is suggested that when a person is alert, aware, and able to process...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from weisp010

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page