degro086

• Commented on Psycosexual Development Theory ..... WOW!!!
    Sigmund Freud did have very strange ideas. I found this theory (and your blog) pretty comical. Especially the fact that this theory suggest babies try to get oral pleasure by their mothers. This is some weird stuff!...
  • Commented on Incredibly Amazing Psychological Concepts
    I too took interest to the personality chapter. The personality test and the Big 5 were great for explaining my traits. The biases are something I hope to not fall prey to, its good you actively think about them....
  • Commented on Learning a new language.
    I agree with you because of my own experience. My sister learned Spanish at a younger age; I took a few classes in high school. She speaks Spanish fluently while I only understand words but am unable to respond in...
  • Commented on More than five years from now
    I like how you took what you learned from this class to a personal level. It shows how real these concepts are. I found human development pretty interesting as well. I wish you luck on your parenting!...
  • Commented on What Attachment Style Are You?
    I am unsure of my attachment style. I am not shy, but I am not very outgoing either. I only trust close loved ones and can be wary of strangers. I like to handle things on my own and rarely...
  • Commented on What is intelligence?
    Intelligence was interesting to me as well. I am not the biggest fan of trying to measure intelligence. There are always mistakes that could happen in tests. But it is still good to have a rough score to be able...
  • Commented on In ten years....
    I as well try to myself to not conform to what is popular. It can be a struggle when it you may seem odd or out of the norm. Sometimes it is good to conform and take advice. When others...
  • Commented on Where Do I Stand?
    This is a great new approach to take. I sometimes compare myself with other, especially when I am competing with someone. I do discourage myself when someone is better at something than me. Your last sentence is really great advice....
  • Commented on The Bachelor: Who will get the rose this time?
    It's cool how you applied it to a t.v. show! I usually don't watch t.v., especially reality shows. They seem fake and cheap to me, but this show actually does have substance if you think about it psychologically....
  • Commented on Finding a job with my big five
    This is a great example of using your knowledge from psychology. I find it great that you actually applied something you learned. I think it is useful to know what your strengths are and use them to your benefit....
  • Commented on Milgram Experiment
    It is shocking how people lose their practical morals when an authority figure insists you do an immoral action. If think about it though, people suffer from peer pressure as well so it isn't that strange, it's just depressing....
  • Commented on Titanium Necklaces (From earlier posted wrong)
    These bracelets are too good to be true. I agree with your correlation vs causation argument but I think Occam's Razor works as well. The athletes maybe performed better because they thought the bracelets would work, causing them to push...
  • Commented on Psychology...5 years from now
    The principles is something that definitely may stick. We were hammered with these in every test/quiz. I actually disagree with your beginning though,I found classical conditioning a little confusing. I had issues mixing up different stimuli. The other terms, such...
  • Commented on Now I'm not trying to be a Negative Nelly, but....
    I really like this blog because it is a break from the norm. I have to admit, I probably will not take much from this class; it doesn't pertain to my interests. You really made a great point with this...
  • Posted O.C.E.A.N. to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    Personality is a very interesting topic; it's nice to see how different we are from each other and what makes us unique. But I always wondered how you would find out someone's personality when there are a plentiful amount of...
  • Commented on Asian Parents are STRICT!
    Although I cannot relate greatly due to having more lenient parents, my parents used to be much more strict than they are now. I think they originally were more controlling with my older sibling because they wanted her to be...
  • Commented on First kid, the smartest one?
    I'll have to agree and disagree. I do agree that firstborn children are usually more responsible and that the youngest is usually more spoiled. However, I don't think that it affects personality greatly. In my own experience, I have seen...
  • Commented on Angel vs. Devil
    That is a very clever way to make out this theory! I also found this topic very interesting due to the fact that we have three "parts" of our mind. Perhaps the origin of the "devil and angel on the...
  • Commented on Emergency? What emergency?
    It is good to know that the bystander effect does not always occur. Perhaps this occurrence was rare and others were shocked and decided to help immediately. In regards to your last statement, the woman was most likely not thinking...
  • Commented on Memorable Moments in Learning
    Learning about development and learning was interesting in the fact that children have different "stages." It is amazing how each child goes through similar learning processes as other children. I agree with your last statement; psychology does play a big...
  • Posted Video Games: Can They Change You? to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    Violent video games have been a target of controversy for quite some time now. Do they really cause normal kids to transform into something else? Will playing these games make you more aggressive? Some people say yes, they will...
  • Posted 2012: A Claim With Poor Evidence to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    "The year will end on December 21, 2012." This claim is a common one these days; all of us have heard it. Many of us have heard these claims and know where they have stemmed from: The Mayan Calendar....
  • Posted The Most Poweful Computer: The Brain to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    The Brain: a small, three-pound chunk of flesh that essentially controls our body, but the way it functions is far more complicated. The brain is the most complex item within the known universe. Chapter 3 goes in depth about the...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from degro086

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page