hauxx019

• Commented on Video Games and their impact
    I feel like studies done of how violent video games/shows effect children are completely useless. There are so many confounding variables its unbelievable. I feel as if some of these studies are only trying to find the results they want...
  • Commented on Throw our IQ/Standardized Testing
    Even though I don't enjoy the ACT or SAT, there needs to be a way to standardize someones "intelligence". The fact is colleges need a test like this to identify the people they want to accept. Even though I don't...
  • Commented on Contact Comfort
    I really liked learning about this study. It almost brings a human element to the animal kingdom. We typically see animals as just that, animals. It makes me feel as if we aren't the only creatures that want comfort and...
  • Commented on Liar liar
    I have never really been a fan of polygraph tests. There are many ways to beat them. They can also be wrong very often. I don't think something this unstable should be used in the conviction of someone. There needs...
  • Commented on Similarity=Comfort?
    This is a very informative post. People tend to seek out the things that make them feel comfortable. Anxiety often leads to finding comforts. When your in an unfamiliar situation you try to find something that puts you at ease...
  • Commented on Emergency? What emergency?
    I feel as if the proximity to the event can have a great effect on whether someone helps. If you are a hundred feet from someone who fainted and you see other people around that person you are probably less...
  • Commented on Stresssssss
    This chapter was very interesting to me as well. It seems as if the only time I get sick is at the end of the semester around finals. I am so stressed out and the sickness doesn't help at all....
  • Commented on Conforming
    I completely agree with what you are saying. People hate being the "odd man out". This is also seen when the little kids are watching Power Rangers and all of the little kids get up and start "fighting". There is...
  • Commented on Kids Say the Darnedest Things
    I found this really interesting. I also noticed that when my cousin was three he wouldn't really hold conversations. Although he was talkative he wouldn't stick to one subject very often. A year later I could have a actual conversation...
  • Commented on Frustration and the Fixed Mindset
    I completely agree with what you were saying about problem solving. When ever I get stuck on a problem I just keep trying to same thing over and over again anticipating that something will change. I need to learn to...
  • Commented on Chunkinggg
    Sometimes I feel like psych is just putting names to common sense terms. Chunking almost seems to be a natural thing for humans. I had never heard of the term before this semester but I had always used it as...
  • Commented on Biology of Sleeping, Eating and Exercising
    This was a very well thought out post. I think that people really underestimate the importance of these three things. I firmly believe that these three things are what college kids lack the most. People eat terribly, don't get much...
  • Commented on A Timeless War
    I really do believe that nurture has quite a bit to do with someones behavior. Our parents and friends growing up form much of what we do and what we believe. Most people tend to identify with the same political...
  • Commented on Body Language
    I also found the body language section very interesting. It can be very important to be able to understand why someone is doing a certain motion or in a certain position. If you can learn to read peoples emotions it...
  • Commented on Using Personality to my Advantage
    Its very useful to be able to identify what your personality consists of. I tend to be low in extraversion, this probably has something to do with my finance major. Understanding your personality can help lead to a very successful...
  • Commented on That's interesting!
    I also found the conditioning experiments very interesting. I was very intrigued by the Pavlov's dogs. I will always remember this experiment not only because of this course but also because of The Office. Jim does an experiment of his...
  • Commented on N vs. N
    The nature vs. nurture studies are very interesting. Even though they wield interesting results I feel as if they are some what useless. It seems like both nature and nurture have an effect on everyone. Everyone is the way they...
  • Commented on Incredibly Amazing Psychological Concepts
    I really feel like the biases are some of the most interesting parts of psychology. These biases can completely destroy or ruin a study. I don't have a hard time believing how crucial an unbiased study is. People tend to...
  • Commented on Learning a new language.
    You bring up a very interesting argument. I feel as if I have forgotten the majority of the Spanish I learned in High School. Spanish was not even offered at my elementary school. I feel if people truly think its...
  • Commented on Finding a job with my big five
    I really agreed with your post. I think people need to utilize the characteristics of there personality more often to better there job search as well as experience. I tend to keep to myself and I feel that is another...
  • Posted Milgram Experiment to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    In five years looking back on my psychology class I will most likely remember the Milgram Experiment and the concept of listening to people who you think are superior to you. It's really interesting that just because a person in...
  • Posted Out-of-Body Experiences and The Ghost Behind You to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    Do you ever get the feeling that someone is behind you and you turn around to see no one there? Scientists believe that they have found an area of the brain that is responsible for that creepy feeling. It is...
  • Posted Chapter 5 to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    Chapter 5 is mainly about dreaming and consciousness. There are many different topics in this chapter that I found extremely interesting, mainly sleep stages and out of body/near death experiences. There was a police officer that had an out of...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from hauxx019

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page