munso160

• Commented on First kid, the smartest one?
    Seriously good post and super interesting. I would have to tend to disagree though with his beliefs. I learned about this in high school too and even then I found myself thinking wow I know way to many people who...
  • Commented on Rise of the Planet of the Apes
    Such an interesting topic, great post! I have always taken interest in evolution in general so evolutionary psychology was super interesting to me too. There are so many exciting different things to study to figure out why we are the...
  • Commented on Advertising and Classical Conditioning
    Great post! I too found this to be an interesting aspect of psychology and I wrote about it in one of my own blogs. Who knew that psychologists could make such great marketers because they know so much about the...
  • Commented on Chunkinggg
    I also found chunking to be an interesting technique. It's cool how we automatically do things to help us remember even though we aren't always very aware of it. When we did the memorization experiment in discussion when we tried...
  • Commented on Conforming
    I found this study to be really interesting as well because it kind of goes against what people think of themselves, like the self-claimed non-conformist who ended up conforming a lot faster than the others. I feel like if I...
  • Commented on Heuristics and Judging
    This is a really interesting post and I feel the same way. I think it is kind of cool how psychology gives us a way to explain why we make such judgements and how to some point we can't be...
  • Commented on Throw our IQ/Standardized Testing
    I completely agree with you. I think standardized tests and IQ tests only really scratch the surface when it comes to how intelligent someone is. I have met plenty of people who test poorly are super smart! I have also...
  • Commented on Hunger Games
    I also agree with you. I see people I know trying out these fad diets to lose weight fast and it rarely ever works. What I think is interesting is that people try all these diets and rarely stop to...
  • Commented on Relationships: how we meet our better half
    I love that show because it is so odd to me that someone can pick the person they want to be with for the rest of their life in just a couple months. I do see how all of those...
  • Commented on Say YES to the Dress
    Great post. The connections to the book and the concepts we have been learning about are great. It also helps that it is a show that many people watch and can relate in some way to the concepts we learn...
  • Commented on Do Ask, Do Tell: An encouragement for freedom of expression and sexual orientation in the military
    I agree with your opinions and its cool that you picked this topic since it completely relates to your life. I think you came at the subject in a gentle manner that makes it not at all offensive to other...
  • Commented on The Effects of Too Much Freedom (Permissive Parenting)
    This is a really interesting topic. I think there is so many contributing factors into how a child's personality turns out that a significant amount can not be completely devoted to just parenting styles. It is easy to conclude that...
  • Commented on Divorce and Children
    I think this is a great blog. Your so connected with it that it really brings out the importance of the topic. I have personally never been through having divorced parents but have watched many of my friends go through...
  • Commented on Cat Speak: Beyond the Lolcat
    I loved this article because I can totally relate to it. I have had a cat and currently have two dogs. It is crazy how it seems like my dogs know exactly what I am saying to them and do...
  • Commented on Calculus Frustration
    I couldn't agree with you more, especially in the area of calculus. I, too, often find myself stuck in a problem not knowing where to go or why I keep getting the wrong answer when I "know" I am doing...
  • Commented on Harry Harlow's loving monkeys
    Really good post! It is very intriguing and it got me thinking a lot. There has always been talk about babies that weren't held often that turn out longing for that comfort even in some other forms, but I never...
  • Commented on The Vaccine-Autism Scare
    I learned about his case last year in my high school psych class and my teacher also had a very personal experience with autism because her son was diagnosed with it. I never knew about Jenny McCarthy being such an...
  • Commented on "Do you think our love can make miracles?" -Allie (The Notebook)
    First of all, I think this is a great blog and I couldn't help but read it when I saw the title. Alzheimer's is a disease that is too common in my opinion. Almost everyone now days is affected in...
  • Commented on Oh Na Na, Whats My Name?
    This is a really interesting entry. I never related amnesia and memory loss problems to this movie, I just watched it for what it was, a great action movie. I think it is cool how you related what we are...
  • Commented on Supertasters
    I found this to be super interesting! I never knew that there were real classifications about how people taste things differently as well as how that affects what types of food they prefer to eat. I also found it interesting...
  • Commented on The Ames Room Illusion
    That demonstration of the illusion was great. It helped me really visualize what you were saying and made me wonder how many other ways we can be decieved by our eyes and our brains without even knowing it....
  • Commented on What Adults Can't Hear..Are the rumors true?
    I like how you did the experiment in school to actually test what you were talking about. People always did that when I was in high school, but we never made a real test out of it and I always...
  • Commented on MDMA - Worth it for Psychotherapy?
    I think your research is really intriguing. I have never considered MDMA to be a pharmaceutical treatment for things such as anxiety and depression. I think that it could possibly, if used correctly and highly supervised, be a good medical...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from munso160

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page