vasqu056

• Commented on The Future... in 5 years.
    Nice post, good job relating it to your future. It always is more interesting when you can relate class concepts to your life, and actually assume that you will apply them some day or another. Classical conditioning will stick with...
  • Commented on The Bachelor: Who will get the rose this time?
    This is a very interesting post, I religiously watch this show as well. Everything you pointed out in this post is true, especially the part about the thrill seeking adventures which is like a type of conditioning. very interesting!...
  • Posted Memorable Psychology Concepts to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    We learned so much in this psychology course and we are still continuing to learn up until the last day of class, but there is one thing that will stick with me for more than five years. I will remember...
  • Commented on Advertising and Classical Conditioning
    Yes this is very interesting and I agree that this topic will stick with you, because I took this class in high school as well and that is the one thing I remember most out of the whole course. But...
  • Commented on Conforming
    Interesting post and study. I have thought a lot about this experiment since we viewed it in our discussion class and I feel like it would be so easy to not conform. I am a much more stubborn person so...
  • Commented on O.C.E.A.N.
    nice post. It is cool when you can relate something from class to real life. Personality is a very interesting topic and there is so much to learn about it. OCEAN was a good way to clarify the different pieces...
  • Commented on Middle Child Syndrome
    This is very interesting. I am also the middle child. As for some of the things they claimed to be true of oldest and youngest siblings the only one that is true in my family is that my older brother...
  • Posted Psychological Disorders in Film: Rain Man to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    I have always had an interest in psychological disorders. I find them very interesting to learn about and to see just how differently they affect different people. I watched the movie Rain Man a while back and was able to...
  • Commented on Say YES to the Dress
    That show is so good! I love it! But yes I do agree that relationships are something that grows with time, and you need the proximity factor in order to attain the emotional feelings for a partner. So it is...
  • Commented on Do Ask, Do Tell: An encouragement for freedom of expression and sexual orientation in the military
    This is an interesting topic, and also interesting to hear your view on the situation being that you are a member of the U.S. Military. It just makes me think that if your sexual orientation has nothing to do with...
  • Commented on Cheers! I'll Drink to That: Alcohol in the Media
    This post is very interesting, and those statistics are insane. I agree with what you have to say, and there are way more underage drinkers now then there were just years ago, but I wonder what it is due too?...
  • Commented on Say What?
    This post is so true, there are many mistakes that are easily made that can send the person receiving the message right over the edge, and start a fight between the two communicating. Texting is a touchy subject and should...
  • Commented on YOLO: You only learn once
    This is an interesting post, and to hear that this study does not always prove that you will be better or worse at coping with stress in the future depending on if you want a cookie sooner or later when...
  • Commented on Bandura: The Bobo Beater
    This is an interesting post, and makes you think, cause from the video that they showed us in class it was hard to tell what really happened for sure in the experiment, because the clip was pretty short. The idea...
  • Commented on Knock knock. Who's there? BANANA.
    This is a great example of how we use psychology in our everyday life to solve problems in other non psychology courses even. It is always so cool and exciting to link some of your classes together and to see...
  • Commented on Video Games and their impact
    I believe that it is your peers influence on you whether or not you will take on these violent characteristics as well. Also in a lot of the studies that they showed to us in class the kids would watch...
  • Commented on The Mystery of Alzheimer's Disease
    having alzheimers is such a hard thing to deal with for both the victim and the family of the victim. It is also so odd that they dont have any known causes, even though they have hypotheses you would think...
  • Commented on Why Are You Eating My BURGER?!?!?!
    That is so funny! This also happens in my family all the time. I feel like it always happens during the rushed times, and everyone is talking at once and trying to figure out what they really said and no...
  • Commented on Sybil- Multiple Personality Disorder
    Yes Sybil did in fact experience a traumatic event, and it is portrayed throughout the whole book/movie. She was abused sexually and physically by her guardians in the movie, whether it be her mother or different people that were her...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's and Love
    This is the best love story ever. It has always been one of my favs, and has always interested me because of the twist of psychology, the alzheimers. It is so sad, but is more happy and exciting when she...
  • Commented on Caught in Limbo? (Chapter 5)
    This is a very interesting topic and so cool how there are all the different cycles or parts of sleeping. The reference to Inception was awesome too. Such a cool movie and totally relates with the dreaming. great topic and...
  • Commented on Chapter 4 Sensation and Perception
    This is such a cool illusion. Have you seen the chalk drawings on sidewalks that some artists do? they are amazing. It is also very neat how peoples minds can see so many different things when there is really just...
  • Posted Sybil- Multiple Personality Disorder to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    I read the book Sybil while I was still in High School and it was one of the most interesting books I have read. It is a true story about a girl named Shirley Ardell Mason and it follows her...
  • Posted Chapter 15 Psychological Disorders to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    In chapter 15 they start out by jumping in to some psychological orders and showing the conceptions of these illnesses. They also talk about the common misconceptions that the people of today seem to assume. These conceptions are based on...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from vasqu056

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page