and02449

• Commented on Last Blog Post
    This course was super informative on a lot of things and every topic you mentioned I learned something new about because of this course. Great job hitting some of the topics that stood out most to you!...
  • Commented on Freaky Freakonomics (older post, but posted it wrong earlier)
    I had never heard of Freakonomics but that is quite interesting stuff. I enjoy radical points of view it really helps one to keep an open mind about a lot of things....
  • Commented on Learning a new language.
    I took 2 years of Spanish in high school and honestly I can't remember much more than simple sayings and verb tense. Starting at a younger age probably would have been extremely beneficial. I agree that learning multiple languages would...
  • Commented on Social Psychology in Groups (Diffusion of Responsibility & Social Loafing)
    Great point! Maybe if everyone was aware of this we could avoid social loafing. Its great that you will be able to take this information and use it to your advantage in the future....
  • Commented on Memorable Psychology Concepts
    The zebras were very appropriate for this topic! I also found conformity to be very intriguing, it applies to everyday life like a lot psychology concepts. It is one of the most observable events that we can see almost everyday...
  • Commented on Frustration and the Fixed Mindset
    That is going to be a very convenient concept to remember especially while facing complicated and frustrating tasks in the future. It will be very beneficial to keep an open mind and look for other solutions if one isn't working......
  • Commented on Social Psychology
    I thought social psychology was the most interesting as well. It's scary to think how easily people can conform and how big of an impact it can have on society. I've always been confused as to how people could actually...
  • Commented on Using Personality to my Advantage
    It really is great when you are able to take what you have learned in a class and apply it to your everyday life especially when it can help in the understanding of oneself. Personality was really interesting, good job!...
  • Commented on 5 Years Down the Road..
    This is one of those topics that could potentially apply to a lot of people's lives mainly because most of us have encounters with children in some way. Its great that you are able to take what you have learned...
  • Commented on N vs. N
    Nature vs Nurture is a huge part of everyone's lives whether they are aware of it or not similar to how it affects almost every aspect of psychology like you mentioned. You make a good point!...
  • Favorited The Bachelor: Who will get the rose this time? on Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
  • Commented on Milgram Experiment
    The results of the Milgram experiment scared me. To think people would harm and potentially kill other people just because an authority figure told them to...that worries me. I can see what you mean about the pessimistic point of view....
  • Commented on Finding a job with my big five
    If everyone were able to find their strengths like you did it would make for a lot more happy employees. That's awesome that you were able to find a job where one strong part of your personality is highlighted!...
  • Commented on Psycosexual Development Theory ..... WOW!!!
    No joke! Freud has been a huge influence in psychology but this theory was just weird and creepy. I couldn't take it seriously while I was reading it either. Good job with this blog!...
  • Commented on Incredibly Amazing Psychological Concepts
    I agree there is a lot of subjects that are memorable! It's cool that were able to make that connection between the common biases and your everyday life as well as embracing part of who you are and having a...
  • Posted Memorable Psychology Topic to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    Five years from now when I look back on my first year of college and think about my first psychology class the topic that will stand out most to me is social psychology. Not only did I think of chapter...
  • Commented on Similarity=Comfort?
    Good point! Conformity and similarity does get quite boring but comfort makes people feel accepted and safe so human nature takes over and people go for comfort...usually. It's hard to leave that comfort zone sometimes but diversity adds a lot...
  • Commented on Psychological Disorders in Film: Rain Man
    I've never seen Rain Man but now I'm interested in finding it and watching it. It sounds very interesting and informative when it comes to how autism can affect different people differently....
  • Commented on Have you had a demon visit you at night???
    I found your blog to be very interesting! Sleep paralysis does sound like a frightening experience, one that I hope I never personally have. The different cultural beliefs in these kinds of occurrences is also very interesting it makes me...
  • Commented on Do Ask, Do Tell: An encouragement for freedom of expression and sexual orientation in the military
    I also agree with your point of view on this subject and I am really glad you were able to incorporate evidence from the APA to help support your opinion. I've never heard a member of the U.S. Military's opinion...
  • Commented on The Effects of Too Much Freedom (Permissive Parenting)
    I understand that the parenting technique and certain behaviors do correlate however I think it lacks causation. There may be other factors in a child's life that impact personality traits other than the parenting technique. It is interesting to think...
  • Posted So Imprinting Isn't Completely Ridiculous? to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    As embarrassing as it is to admit I was once a twilight fan. I was 14 and well didn't know what good writing was all I cared about was the story and at 14 vampires, werewolves, and really dramatic teenagers...
  • Commented on Alzheimers.
    I have not seen the movie yet but of course there is a twist in the ending. Alzheimer's is a scary illness probably one of the scariest I couldn't imagine progressively losing my memory and sense of being. Hopefully this...
  • Commented on Eliciting Emotions Through Advertisement
    Very true. It is easy to find some kind of conditioned stimulus, like the woman in the picture above, in many ads when they are evaluated. Good job!...
  • Posted Astrology- The "divine science of the ancients" to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    http://www.halexandria.org/dward330.htm I found so many things wrong with this article I am not sure where to begin. Well I suppose the explanation, or lack thereof, of how the geometric alignment of the planets affects human behavior and personality is a...
  • Posted Chapter 1 to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    Chapter 1 is mainly an introduction to the subject of psychology. The scientific theory and how it is used in psychology just like any other science. Important people from psychology's past are also featured in this chapter along with the...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from and02449

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page