price490

• Commented on Body Language
    I really find this interesting and relevant to our every day lives. I mean think about it, how many people have we had a conversation with in our life time without ever actually talking to them. I personally am not...
  • Commented on Parenting - Waaaaay Down the Road
    I sometimes think about this kind of stuff. I mean ideally I know how many kids and genders I would like, but you're right. It's nothing to worry about until later on. When the time comes, I'm sure I'll be...
  • Commented on What I will remember from this course in five years.
    I find it a little ironic that the thing you will remember is the thing that could make you lose memory of this concept. Alzheimers is both very scary and very real. I believe that research is and will continue...
  • Commented on Milgram Experiment
    The Milgram experiment is extremely fascinating to me also. I remember talking about in high school and tried to put myself in the footsteps of these people. Authority is a driving force in our lives. We are taught to obey...
  • Commented on Learning a new language.
    You make a very good point. I know that one of my Spanish teachers started teaching her son Spanish at a young age. Consequently, he now is now an advanced speaker entering his freshman year of high school. Building off...
  • Commented on Positive Attitude after A Big Deal
    In my management class last semester, social loafing was a term brought up in class when talking about teams. What made it even better is when we were working on a group project, the concept was exemplified greatly. When working...
  • Commented on coping strategies for stress
    Great Post, I like how you facilitated away for us readers to get involved. In terms of stress, I have my best coping strategy to be strenuous physical activity. When I have a lot of pent up stress, I will...
  • Commented on Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire
    You're right, in popular culture the concept of lie detection has really been hyped and created a false image to the average person. I really like the examples some of the other commenters have given and can't help but laugh...
  • Commented on Hunger Games
    I think it will be very interesting to see the effects diets like this have on people later on in life. Sadly, I think in the future we will see an increase in health issues directly related to deprivation of...
  • Commented on Middle Child Syndrome
    I also am very intrigued by this concept because there are many instances where it can be considered applicable. However, understanding that correlation does not always mean causation, I don't think birth orders effect on behavior cannot be consistently proven....
  • Posted Using Personality to my Advantage to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    I think a lot of the general knowledge that I acquired in psychology will serve useful to me in my future, however one concept withstands the rest: Personality. I found this chapter the most intriguing of all that I read...
  • Commented on Popular Culture on: Love and Marriage
    Anyone foolish enough to let Movies be the basis of their perspective of love is doomed to fail. While yes they tell good stories and Hollywood knows how to pull the strings of our hearts, we should merely use them...
  • Commented on How is intelligence portrayed in the media?
    I can only hope we'll shift back to the trend with smart intelligent kids like you suggest. Nothing's better than the young geniuses from Disney channel that I grew up watching. For example, Minkus from Boy Meet's World and his...
  • Commented on combatting racism today in America
    While this was a very tragic instance, I can't help but disagree with the last commenter. The act of a wrong minded individual in this instance does not represent society as a whole. It is truly a shame that racism...
  • Commented on Nature Versus Nurture: Genetic Predisposition and Parenting Styles
    See I come from a very small and limited extended family, therefore I really have only been raised around one parenting style for my whole life. I think it would be interested to see how these styles migrate and evolve...
  • Commented on Relationships: how we meet our better half
    This makes me wonder the role of dating websites in these elements. I know they are proven to be successful, probably because they appeal to similarity, but isn't the concept of proximity taken out in a sense?...
  • Posted Love and Marraige according to You, Me, and Dupree to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    After watching the movie You, Me, and Dupree for about the one-thousandth time this weekend (personally I relate to Owen Wilson's character Dupree very closely), it is hard to argue against Carl and Molly being a perfect match. While...
  • Posted Is the Dog Whisperer magic? to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    http://www.cesarsway.com/ Two years ago my parents let me pick out the family dog and gave me the responsibility of training him. Just to let you know, he is a beautiful Australian Shepherd named Bodie. At first it was very...
  • Commented on Do you snore? Get rid of sleep apnea and enjoy your dreams
    I too saw the title and was immediately interested because I was told I was a very heavy snorer. In fact my roommate often complains of my snoring keeping him up at night. However, I have no problem sleeping and...
  • Commented on What Adults Can't Hear..Are the rumors true?
    I too remember that kids in my school using apps and ringtones to play the high pitched noise that teachers couldn't hear. The only problem the noise was barely noticeable, if at all, to me. I always wondered why this...
  • Commented on Out-of-Body Experiences and The Ghost Behind You
    As I read this post, I started to think about the times I get this "creepy" feeling. What factors do you think stimulate the Angular Gyrus in our every day lives outside of the three you listed (pressure, heat, and...
  • Commented on Baseball Superstion: real or fiction?
    I too am very superstitious when it comes to playing sports. I played soccer through high school and had the same routine before every game. I wouldn't even use the restroom after I started warming up. I agree with you,...
  • Posted Chapter Nine: Intelligence and IQ to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    Intelligence. What is it? How can it be determined? How can we measure it? Chapter Nine takes an in-depth look at the concept of intelligence. The text makes it very clear that there is not set definition for intelligence. In...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from price490

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page