radtk128

• Posted Parenting - Waaaaay Down the Road to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    I remember going through the parenting sections thinking, "Okay, don't need to think about this for a while." So when I saw this prompt, it seemed like a no-brainer to me. I've learned a lot about what being a successful...
  • Posted How is intelligence portrayed in the media? to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    When seeing this prompt, initially I wanted to respond with the stereotype that men are portrayed smart and girls are shown as bimbos. But once I thought about it more, my realizations changed. Granted, I don't watch a lot of...
  • Commented on Throw our IQ/Standardized Testing
    I don't think they are very fair judgements, but I can't imagine a different way to compare students at a national level. I feel like something is needed to gauge the differences....
  • Commented on Falsifiability of Morality
    Very interesting! I would like to look at the change in morality standards over a lifetime. It'd be interesting to see what the major life impacts that altered the moral values....
  • Commented on Peers vs Parents
    I would agree with the peers over parents argument. I think the people I hung out with in grade school and high school have had a major impact on my work ethic, language, and friendship habits. Luckily I hung out...
  • Commented on Say What?
    I hate texting. It's convenient for quick questions and straightforward information, but I am awful at portraying the way I feel over a 140 character burst. I've learned the hard way that sarcasm does not bode well in a text...
  • Commented on combatting racism today in America
    It's sad. The worst part is: it's tough to label racism as the cause for violence. It can easily be dismissed - Oh that wasn't the real reason for the crime! Which doesn't get us anywhere in the fight to...
  • Commented on YOLO: You only learn once
    I participated in a study like this here at the UofM, but with M&Ms instead of cookies. Let's just say, according to these psychologists, I presumably don't deal with stress & problems very well :D...
  • Commented on Cheers! I'll Drink to That: Alcohol in the Media
    I would like to compare the advertisements of alcohol sales from 1988 to the present. I predict we would see the target market shift from older adults in '88 to a younger audience now....
  • Commented on Contact Comfort
    I think it'd be interesting to compare "touchy-feely" people with those who prefer a larger personal bubble in regards to your proposed additional benefits....
  • Commented on Alzheimers.
    I think the more predominant this disease gets within Hollywood movies, more awareness can be raised to find a cure to this devastating disease. Thanks for posting those links!...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's and Love
    I think the movie does a good job bringing to light the emotional burden on the loved ones of the Alzheimer's patient. I can't imagine being in that husband's situation....
  • Commented on Why Are You Eating My BURGER?!?!?!
    Hunger will make us all do crazy things! My sister always accuses me of taking a bite of her burger when she just doesn't remember devouring it herself. Although I'm sure I remember that one CORRECTLY!...
  • Commented on Eliciting Emotions Through Advertisement
    After seeing a not-too-attractive, much-to-overweight, and uneducated-beyond-belief man, who mentioned he was a smoker, on the bus yesterday I had an idea for a Surgeon General-ad that relates to your post. What if there were commercials that made a very...
  • Commented on Why The Vacuum Is Not A Friend To Your Dog
    Never would've guessed! Now if only you could explain my childhood fears of vacuums. I think it'd be cool to find other noises that we can't recognize, maybe hums from the air conditioner or TV. But that might be a...
  • Commented on Crazy Stairs Are Crazy
    These pictures always end me cross-eyed & head spinning, but your explanation helped a lot. My only question is how do you label a vanishing point? In some of these pictures I can never seem to find it....
  • Posted Don't End Up in a Roadside Ditch to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    I'm sure we've all seen the DirecTV commercials where you learn not to take it stray animals, how to avoid having a grandson with a dog collar, or how to avoid ending up in a roadside ditch. I for one...
  • Commented on R.I.P. - My lifelong belief in "The Hot Hand"
    I'm hurt, dreams are crushed, hope is lost. Drama aside, it definitely makes logical sense.. just a tough pill to swallow. I'd like to see psychology's stance on the chance differences leading to a perfect game in baseball or Ty...
  • Commented on Injuries in Sports
    I think it'd be interesting to analyze the proportion of injured athletes that are female. The trainers I've worked with have harped that girls especially need to work on preventing injuries - specifically ACL tears. The physical intensity of sports...
  • Commented on Caught in Limbo? (Chapter 5)
    This one hits home to my family: one time my younger sister was dreaming she was going to the bathroom. Dreams come true apparently and she wet the bed. As much as I tease her about it, it's an interesting...
  • Commented on Biological Psychology (Chapter 3)
    I like to think of psychology as a blend of all the different sciences, biology & anatomy etc. It definitely makes it a little easier considering we've learned a majority of them before. As we read through all these terms...
  • Commented on Common and Potentially Dangerous
    This is difficult because it's hard to be able to judge therapies since it's not like there's a warning label, as other medicinal treatments do. Consumers just have to do their research and trust their instincts on finding whichever treatment...
  • Commented on Chapter Nine: Intelligence and IQ
    Spince, good points. One thing I find frustrating about intelligence is that there are quite a few people that waste potential, as in they have very high intelligence but don't utilize it to strong capabilities. I wonder if there's any...
  • Posted Chapter 11 Emotion & Motivation to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    Chapter 11 is all about emotions. There are various theories about where emotions come from. Some of the important ones are the Discrete Emotions Theory, the Cognitive Theory of Emotion, the James-Lange Theory of Emotion, and the Two-Factor Theory of...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from radtk128

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page