purt0015

• Commented on The BRAIN!
    One of the reasons that the brain will be something I remember is because it is so fascinating. The brain is so complex and does so many things I think we all have things about it that will always stick...
  • Commented on Causes of Bystander Nonintervention
    When people learn about things like this concept I think it is always so easy to say you would do the right thing. I think the blog example is a perfect example because when I read the blog I automatically...
  • Commented on final blog---Oedipus complex
    I remember learning this subject back in high school and I always thought it was a little ridiculous. I don't like to think that I used to hate my mom. I do think it is a very interesting concept though...
  • Commented on Final Blog: The Consciousness
    I find it interesting that this is the topic you will remember most. This is a very interesting topic and confusing to understand where as most of the topics other people remembered were the more simple ones. The example you...
  • Commented on Remembering Psychology
    It is interesting that those are the two things that stand out to you the most. The two topics are very very different but they also stand out in my mind. The optical illusion you posted was very cool and...
  • Commented on A Scientific Experiment
    I agree with this post as well. I think there was a perfect example of this in class when we went over the results of the experiments we did. One group did who listens to music more males or females?...
  • Commented on Final Entry: Memory
    This concept was a little scary to me as well. There are some memories I have of middle school and in my memory it was happy and fun but when I really concentrate on what my memories are I know...
  • Commented on Social Psychology NO REGRETZ
    I agree with the blog and the comment above. People conform so SO much even when they are think they are being individuals. Right after we had the discussion section about this topic my friend had someone visit her from...
  • Commented on Drugs are Bad
    I agree with the fact that drugs are much more complex than a decision between doing it or not. I currently am friends with someone that smokes marijuana, is on antidepressants, and drinks alcohol all on a regular basis. By...
  • Commented on Not everything is what it seems.
    Causation and correlation and their differences is something that I have learned about in three different classes now and I still don't always take in into consideration. When you see a relationship between two concepts its instinct to think that...
  • Commented on Sigmund Freud's Theory of Psychosexual Development
    Freud's theory is something I started to learn in high school and I found it pretty interesting and ridiculous! I find some of it very hard to believe but some of it makes sense. Babies are obsessed with putting things...
  • Commented on What I Will Remember From Psych 1001: When Sweet Children Become Conniving Monsters
    This video is an awesome one! I really like the concept that you pulled as well and I was fascinated by the fact that so much can change in just one year of a child's life. What your sister did...
  • Commented on The Effects of Divorce on Children
    I find this blog very interesting. I have never experienced divorce and no one in my extended family has either. The first experience I have had with divorce is my boyfriend and his family and it has affected him substantially....
  • Posted Final Blog: The Big FIve to Wednesday Wanderings
    The concept of psychology that will stay with me beyond this semester is The Big Five. The Big Five traits of personality being extroversion, agreeableness, conscientiousness, neuroticism, and openness. This lecture and discussion stood out to me because when I...
  • Commented on Body Image
    Eating disorders are so much more than "ignorance and insecurity." Until someone experiences one or knows someone that goes through it, it is nearly impossible to understand. On top of that they are much more common than people think. Now...
  • Commented on Which Sibling is the Best?
    Being the younger child of two I found this very interesting. Although you said the second experiment could not be replicated I believe in both of the arguments. My older brother is smarter than me and I am more extroverted....
  • Commented on Children and objects
    Thank you guys for the comments. I was home this weekend and actually got to babysit the girls for two hours yesterday. We decorated eggs and while doing so when I put the egg in the dye I would ask...
  • Commented on Polygraph Tests- Can we trust them?
    I agree that these tests should be ruled out. I am a person that gets very nervous when authority addresses me and I blush, sweat, and get a speedy heart. If i was put in front of a lie detector...
  • Posted Children and objects to Wednesday Wanderings
    I have been babysitting my neighbors for the past 3 years. The girls, Kate and Lizzy, are now 5 and 3 so I have watched them grow up their entire life. I took an intro psych class in high school...
  • Commented on Sneaky Ring Tones
    As a lot of you have mentioned, the ringtone is SO annoying! Stetl007 it's funny you say that your mom doesn't believe it exists because some of my teachers agreed. The ringtone should be destroyed. It honestly hurts my ears...
  • Posted Sneaky Ring Tones to Wednesday Wanderings
    The "Teen Buzz" is a ringtone that can supposedly only be heard by people under 30. The ringtone can also be called the mosquito because it honestly is as annoying as a mosquito. When I first heard about this ringtone...
  • Commented on chapter 15 PSYCHOLOGICAL DISORDERS
    I think this is something that I can relate a lot to in my life. I have not looked at the chapter but I am assuming eating disorders can fall into this category. One of my best friends went from...
  • Commented on Born this way?
    This blog is very interesting. I agree with the comment above that if someone doesn't work as hard they will not reach their full potential. I think that nurture does have a lot to do with intelligence though. I think...
  • Posted Chapter 14: Personality to Wednesday Wanderings
    To skim the surface, Chapter 14 covers personalities, personality tests, and different theories on personalities. Included in this chapter are big theories like Freud's and tests like Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory. The two things that caught my attention most in...
  • Commented on Group 5: Gender Justice Blog
    I think this blog/presentation goes into the heart of our class completely because of the long ago rooted ideas of our society. Straight is the norm, man and woman are the genders, and then we can go into race as...
  • Posted Final Blog to Engaging Justice GWSS 1005
    How to define justice...a question we have gotten so many times in GWSS this semester it should be as easy as one two three to answer. I personally define justice as treating someone as an equal no matter what the...
  • Posted Ableism to Engaging Justice GWSS 1005
    When we watched the clip in class Tuesday about the special needs girl who had suffered abuse from her teacher and her T.A. I was extremely upset. I couldn't understand how someone who went into the special needs field could...
  • Posted Women and War Conference to Engaging Justice GWSS 1005
    I just got back from the Women and War conference that we heard about class and I had some very interesting things to bring back. Although this is off topic from what we are talking about in class I still...
  • Commented on The US and terrorism
    I agree with both of these things completely. The US hides behind the fact that they are fighting for peace and equality and whatever else they say when in reality they are acting just as horrifically. The US reminds me...
  • Posted David/Brenda Blog 3 to Engaging Justice GWSS 1005
    When we read the David/Brenda article I was especially shocked at the whole secretive process and the things David suffered from. I found it very shocking that so many children were born unknown genders. I think of all the babies...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from purt0015

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page