eagon008

• Commented on Gender Testing in Sports
    I believe that it is personal choice when it comes to this situation. There are plenty of girls out there who just produce more testosterone than any other hormone in their body. Yet, they are still considered female because the...
  • Commented on Not everything is what it seems.
    I thought that was a very interesting thing as well. It was cool to see all the misconceptions that people have today. Even I thought a few of those points at the beginning of the book was true! It was...
  • Commented on How Does This Ad Work? The Rick Perry Edition
    I understand this is a political ad but it makes me think of the condition research we talked about so long ago. If you vote for Perry, you will be happier in the long run. That type of stuff. This...
  • Commented on Homosexuality: Nature vs. Nurture
    The whole argument nature vs. nurture is not right in my opinion. I believe it is both nature and nurture that has to deal with the offspring of the individual. Many studies, dealing with identical and fraternal twins, that focus...
  • Commented on Final Blog: The Big FIve
    Big Five personality test is an interesting thing to look at. It is actually quite accurate and it is easy to analyze the results. I found my big five traits to be pretty much the same to what I thought...
  • Posted Final Blog: Babies to Wednesday Wanderings
    The thing I believe I will always remember is the stuff we learned about babies. Since I want to have kids of my own one day, I thought it was very interesting of all the things that they are equipped...
  • Posted Birth Order to Wednesday Wanderings
    "Firstborns tend toward achievement, middle-borns toward diplomacy, and later-borns towards risk taking." These are sayings that are widely popular but have not been proven. Many researchers have tried coming up with the proper test to see if this statement is...
  • Commented on Animal training
    Both this post and the comment interested me to the fullest. Animals in general are very cool to see preform and are very fun, although sometimes frustrating, to be apart of the training process. I also agree that this idea...
  • Commented on Training Animals
    Animals each have their own feelings and expressions. It is really cute to see a dog roll over and it is amazing to see a Orca whale jump up in the air on command. It is true this all due...
  • Posted Does Alzheimer's Disease affect you? to Wednesday Wanderings
    There are a lot of us who may know or knew someone with Alzheimer's which is a form of Dementia. Dementia is where there is a loss of brain function. With Alzheimer's, this effect gradually worsens as time goes on....
  • Commented on Remote Controls- Can You Push the Right Button?
    I never thought about the design of a remote being not productive in a way but this makes total sense! I hate the small little remotes that come with TVs or even DVD players sometimes have tiny little button remotes...
  • Commented on Sneaky Ring Tones
    I have heard this little annoying ringtone as well. It is quite funny to see the reaction of kids when it goes on, but if it is on for too long, I even get sick of it. I think it...
  • Commented on Is Free Will an Illusion?
    This is the first time I have came across this argument. I find this super interesting to think about because it is something of the taboo in a way. Our country is founded on having our own beliefs and being...
  • Commented on Yoga, the invisible killer?
    I agree that this story or blog was very interesting to come across. People nowadays here through the media that Yoga is great thing to do to keep one limber and lean. Those statements might be true although this new...
  • Posted Chapter 3 - Biological Psychology to Wednesday Wanderings
    In this chapter, the textbook goes into more detail about the biological stand point of the study of psychology. For example, it talks about the different sections of the brain and what the different "jobs" for each section is. The...
  • Commented on A Thousand-Mile Walk to the Gulf - John Muir: chapter 1; "Why Walk?" - Colin Fletcher; "Ultralight in the Nation's Icebox" - A. Skurka
    Walking is somewhat of a life style choice. I love to walk, no matter how cold it is. However, there are many of my friends who will not step outside if it is below freezing which makes me sad. Winter...
  • Commented on "Choices" - David Nye
    America is ever changing with all its new fads and products. With this change, it requires energy making America the largest consumer in the world. This fact is not a shock because we as Americans are always changing and finding...
  • Commented on Introduction" - Michael Pollan; Can We feed the World & Sustain the World? - J. Foley
    ~Clara Eagon...
    Besides these two articles, I have read a book on the new wave of eating in today's society. This book, as do the articles, tells us how we eat today based on what labels say and not really the knowledge...
  • Commented on "Introduction: At the Limit of Form" - Amanda Boetzkes
    This made me think of the earth art pieces you showed us in class. For an example, like the dug out trench or the whole mountain side painted with left over paint. These pieces are very interesting not just because...
  • Commented on Minneapolis Institute of Arts; "Seeing - Annie Dillard
    Clara...
    I really do enjoy going to the art museum because its just an interesting place. There were all different types of mediums there which made the place rich in taste. Although, to be able to walk around the place without...
  • Commented on Land into landscape - Malcolm Andrews
    Art is a transferable idea that everyone can create or see. The difference between land and landscape can be looked at in the way. Land is the build up into a landscape essentially and then landscape is looked at in...
  • Commented on Como Zoo
    Como zoo is indeed the "poor cousin" to the Minnesota zoo. Although, I know that the Como Zoo has a lot more history. How it just started with a deer stand and then growing numbers each year. It is a...
  • Commented on Bell Museum of Natural History
    When I went to the Bell Museum, I saw the wonders of Minnesota through a portal almost. The Dioramas were beautify crafted and so realistic. I really liked the Beaver one because it had multiple parts to it. The information...
  • Commented on "Damnation of a Canyon" - Edward Abbey
    In "Damnation of a Canyon", Abbey uses powerful imagery and personal memories to describe his feelings on this reservoir. I do understand where he is coming from and how bad it is to the environment that we build these Dams...
  • Commented on "The Land Ethic" - Aldo Leopold
    Even though this was made in 1948, we can all still relate it to us today. I find that amazing, but also sad. I didn't realize how it was such an issue then. When you talk to elderly people they...
  • Commented on Edward Burtynsky and Chris Jordan
    Edward Burtynsky and Chris Jordan are two very similar photographers where they both look at what our country is turning into and how much we throw away. Both have various pictures of waste yards and the mass quantity of things...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from eagon008

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page