mcle0228

• Posted Final Blog! to Wednesday Wanderings
    I guess for me the one concept that we have learned about that will stick with me in 5 years from now is going to be on memory and how we store information. Knowing things like the recency effect and...
  • Commented on Does Alzheimer's Disease affect you?
    I guess I can't know for sure weather I will get alzheimers or not but I take it that its a good sign that my 87 year old grandma lives on her own and still has a good memory and...
  • Commented on Contact Comfort...Inspires Animal Torture?
    Wow... Funny how his stuff gets published in texts books about how much good he did in disproving drive reduction theory but the mean and cruel things he did are left out....
  • Commented on Aggression in Children
    I watched rated r movies when i was like 7 years old and played GTA and have never hurt anybody or have a desire to, if violent video games and movies had such a big part as people like to...
  • Commented on Will you survive the next time?
    I actually did pretty well on this test in class but that was because I have grown up in the outdoors my whole life and have learned what to do in survival situations because it is a necessity to know...
  • Commented on the thing about gay marriage is...
    Its really cool that you choose to write about this in your blog and it is becoming a hot topic in the media in the last decade so it was cool to hear your opinion on it...
  • Commented on Lying
    This is a topic that im suprised hasn't been studied more rigorously than it has because all humans lie and it would be interesting to find out what motivates our brain to make us do it....
  • Commented on Do you agree with Freud Sigmund?
    Freud is and always will be one of the greats of psychology but it is not unheard of for someone as great as him to make a mistake. that being said I guess I don't know if I agree or...
  • Commented on Which Sibling is the Best?
    This is interesting to me because I have an older brother and a younger sister, and my sister is smarter than both me and my brother so I also wonder what effect gender has on attention from parents and mentoring...
  • Commented on What's With This IAT Test?
    Might have to try this out now, I'll let you know aht my results are!...
  • Commented on The Bystander Effect
    Interesting post and I'll stop to observe next time im in a situation like that!...
  • Commented on Children and objects
    Its great that you were able to try out part of the experiment you proposed by using the eggs in the dye and were able to see how object permanence plays out at different ages in the kids....
  • Commented on The Art of Intimate Relationships
    It isn't all that shocking to me that relationships are a big part psychological focus because they are so complex and it engages your brain in ways many other activities cannot. One interesting thing that stuck out to me when...
  • Posted The Paris Syndrome to Wednesday Wanderings
    While reading a blog from last week about a student of ours who had come to America after living in their native land for years to notice how we have ways of doing things that may seem normal to us...
  • Commented on Emotional Darwin
    Its really interesting to hear first hand about how the things many citizens of America do are not common place or can have different meanings somewhere else while we just assume its universal....
  • Commented on Polygraph Tests- Can we trust them?
    I have also noticed how popular this test is in crime dramas and reality shows like Maury. I have always wanted to take one of these tests just to see if I could beat it as i have heard many...
  • Commented on Bilingual Kids
    I don't see how it could be a bad thing to learn another language short of confounding a serious speech impediment problem that needs to be addressed. Learning another language opens your mind to different ways of reasoning and thinking...
  • Commented on Being tricked by your own brain!?
    I have noticed this phenomenon in my own traits in things like test taking and I am sure of what something means and can recall why it is that way and it makes total sense to me only to find...
  • Commented on Super Sonic Senses
    That is interesting that with advances in psychology and hearing police have been able to devise a system to use a frequency to deter acts which they do not approve of without bothering any adults in the process....
  • Commented on Remote Controls- Can You Push the Right Button?
    I have noticed that even after using the same remote for a long time, it is still difficult for me to pick up the remote during a movie and find the exact right button i want to push if its...
  • Posted Imagine Taking as Much Shit As Your Car to Wednesday Wanderings
    This advertisement I found online is for a European gas station and it features the likes of a man covered in mud from head to toe with a briefcase next to him in much the same condition. On the man's...
  • Commented on Pitt-bulls will certainly kill you! ..... Or will they?
    I agree with you that it is both an environmental and genetic issue because aggression is what pitbulls are hardwired with but if they are raised in a good home that factor can often be well controlled for. My girlfriend...
  • Commented on Is Free Will an Illusion?
    I have also heard many discussion on the topic of whether or not humans have free will and it is a very confusing subject. I personally believe we do have free will but our actions are limited to certain choices...
  • Posted Chapter 4 Sensation and Perception to Wednesday Wanderings
    Chapter 4 gives the reader some explanations of how we sense and perceive things from our environment by a connected relationship of the brain and nervous system, a look at the possibility of ESP, and some interesting findings in...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from mcle0228

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page