J

• Commented on Similarities > Differences
    In my opinion, I think someone who marries should be close enough in values and opinions with their partner to be comfortable. However, they also need slightly different personalities. Things like the way they talk and the kinds of jokes...
  • Commented on The Art of Intimate Relationships
    I agree with the article, when it says that people are not necessarily monogamous. You can find a lot of human behavior by looking at how animals behave. The higher up the food chain the more effort the parents put...
  • Commented on Emotions and Bombs
    Of course your argument stating that morals come into play also kind of does play into emotions (like kinc stated above me). For example, you said it wouldn't make a difference if they caught her right after the bombs, or...
  • Commented on Pinocchio Response
    I think this was a very interesting post. Knowing the statistics that only 55% percent of the time humans can detect lies is very intriguing. That's barely above chance! And polygraphs making innocent people seem guilty is terrible. It reminds...
  • Commented on Does Alzheimer's Disease affect you?
    I feel like there is a good reason they say living a healthy life style and staying involved physically and mentally will help prevent Alzheimer's. If it is the decay of the nerve cells that aid in problem solving, memory,...
  • Commented on Bilingual Kids
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a speech impediment based on a lack of ability to pronounce specific phonemes? If it was, it wouldn't need to be fixed twice, only once to help the child create the right phoneme,...
  • Commented on Becoming aware of the self
    Although you probably weren't expecting an answer and probably won't see this, I'll shoot anyways. By an animal only existing in three instead of four, I meant they lack the ability to perceive time. A better way to explain it...
  • Commented on Clickers
    I think the reason why clickers aren't necessarily good for humans is because we can actually comprehend language (usually). The clicker is more of a unique auditory cue for an animal, but for a human it's nothing more than just...
  • Posted Becoming aware of the self to Wednesday Wanderings
    There must be an explanation for what separates humans from other animals. Trying to figure out why we have such a superior advantage in evolution would be difficult without one. Self awareness may be this advantage. Self awareness is the...
  • Commented on CAFFEINE!!! Is it good of bad for you?
    I think using coffee as an antioxidant is kind of lame, considering there are many other antioxidants that do the job much more efficiently without all the negatives of caffeine. As everyone else has stated, I am sure coffee offers...
  • Commented on Autism
    I have a brother with a light case of autism, and to be honest I do not think it was vaccines that caused it. I grew up with him normally and played all the same like any other brothers would....
  • Posted Chapter 12 - Stress, Coping, and Health to Wednesday Wanderings
    Many different things come to mind when one thinks of stress. It was originally coined as an engineering term for how much pressure a structure could endure. Psychologists may see it as the same idea applied to the human structure,...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from J

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page