valen182

• Commented on The Finale- Correlation vs. Causation
    Ha, this will stick with me too, if only because I made myself understand for when a question would occur on the quizzes and tests. Same goes for the other problems IE: Replicability, Occam's Razor, etc. Correlation vs. causation is...
  • Posted People and Personalities! to Wednesday Wanderings
    I found a few things to be quite memorable from this semester! One thing that I found memorable was how people are attracted to one another. The fact that it's normalness and symmetry that attracts people just blew my mind...
  • Commented on Which Sibling is the Best?
    I have also experienced parts of this, I'm the youngest of three and my oldest brother while I may be wary to say he is "the smartest" he is definitely smart (though he doesn't like to show it often). I...
  • Commented on Training Animals
    Having been to SeaWorld a number of times in my life I can honestly say that some of the things these animals do are pure amazement. Who knew sea-lions could be so hilarious?! Food is such an amazing motivator though...
  • Commented on Similarities > Differences
    Love that show! I actually know a few people who are married now and met in their workplace. Of course I always questioned "Why on earth would you do that? You'd see them 24/7!" Many people don't seem to have...
  • Commented on What influences our IQ
    All great points, I too believe that nutrition is strongly related to people's IQ which would account for the lower IQ's in the more impoverished areas. A thought came to me as I read this post and I wondered if...
  • Commented on Is Sugar Bad For You?
    Personally I’m one of those people that when an article sounds fishy in any way I just stop reading and discount it so kudos to you for finding words like hardly and pinpointing the confusing chemical mumbo jumbo. The answer...
  • Commented on Free Will-Determinism
    Very interesting blog choice! I agree with you almost completely that our free will is seemingly stronger than determinism, with a couple exceptions being reflex and faith. Reflex as in we obviously don’t get a chance to think through our...
  • Commented on the thing about gay marriage is...
    I too appreciate your respect. I find all too often that people who are for gay marriage condemn people who are against it more than the people who are against it may condemn gays. It makes things interesting (and slightly...
  • Commented on My 3 year old nephew, Jace.
    What a great experience! When I saw this topic choice, this was the one I really wanted to do but my niece who is also three wasn't around for me to try it on. I'm glad you got to experience...
  • Commented on Contact Comfort...Inspires Animal Torture?
    Wow, obviously the original drive reduction and contact comfort parts are well known about Harlow but the rest of his studies are surely disturbing and (I would guess) much less well known. Things like this make me wonder how many...
  • Commented on Will you survive the next time?
    I too succumbed to the idea that I knew exactly what I wanted to do, but at the time of the exercise I failed to "think outside the box". I had the base survival idea down, we have to keep...
  • Commented on Emotional Darwin
    It's so cool the ability for people to adapt to their surroundings! I've moved all across the country due to my parents so I understand miniature versions of what you went through. Obviously many motions are national but things like...
    At the risk of being the one person who will disagree let me produce a disclaimer, I am not condemning nor do I hate people who are gay, or support gay rights in any way, it’s not my place and...
  • Commented on Lying
    I find it amazing that we can go through times like you talked about, how everyone thinks something is foolproof when we really don't know all we should about it. Now that people are realizing that the polygraph test is...
  • Commented on Gender Testing in Sports
    Personally I think that is a very good way to deal with that particular irregularity. There are different paths that I believe would be mean and unfair, such as making Semenya participate in the men’s competitions (probably due to the...
  • Commented on Trait Troubles
    I’m not sure that the trait theorists were aiming to make people feel like their self was contained within a set of scores. The scores only represent a general strength or weakness in that specific area (not an insult- people...
  • Commented on Imprinting Isn't Just For the Werewolves...
    Ha! Reference made post awesome! And a very interesting connection! It's funny how we do imprint though, with our parents or siblings. If you think about it we don't really leave our parent's sides for a LONG time and then...
  • Posted Authoritarian-ative is ok right? to Wednesday Wanderings
    According to Diana Baumrind, there are three major parenting styles that parents typically adhere to, each resulting in different effects on children. Those being: authoritarian, authoritative, and permissive. Oftentimes a fourth category (uninvolved parenting) is added for those parents who...
  • Commented on Clickers
    I also agree with most of you that it seems demeaning to humans to have to use clickers. To me I think of clickers being most useful to animals that either can't or are very slow at understanding language(dogs, monkeys,...
  • Commented on Pitt-bulls will certainly kill you! ..... Or will they?
    Thank you all for your wonderful comments that all seem to agree with my own opinion. I was under the impression that this topic was debated and even in the comments of the original article some people were clearly adamant...
  • Commented on TeenBuzz: What's the buzz about?
    Interesting article! I remember when that idea got big when I was in high school and was always curious as to why we could hear things the adults couldn't and now I know the reasoning behind it. I guess now...
  • Posted Pitt-bulls will certainly kill you! ..... Or will they? to Wednesday Wanderings
    As we've all (hopefully) read about, the nature vs. nurture debate is not new to the world. In fact I believe most people, myself included, like to believe that the debate is over now-a-days. That events are the cause of...
  • Posted Chapter 11: Emotion and Motivation to Wednesday Wanderings
    Chapter 11 deals with human emotions and motivation, in other words "what moves us?" The first section "Emotion" examines multitudes of definitions and theories surrounding emotions, all of which seem very interesting! As an animal lover, a section I found...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from valen182

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page