fajar013

• Commented on Fundamental Attribution Error
    I think bottom line is to keep an open mind when meeting people. There is always more than what the eye can see and it's simply important to keep that in mind when meeting people, while not really forgetting the...
  • Commented on People and Personalities!
    Very interesting clip. I agree, after I had taken this course, I got a new outlook on life. How just because we want to be with that really cute guy sitting across the table in your psych class, doesn't mean...
  • Commented on What a long, strange trip it's not yet been
    In relationships, I feel like there is a very tricky line that divides manipulation from conditioning. Or is it the same thing? Nonetheless, I agree that there is a new lens that I have acquired after taking this class....
  • Commented on Free Will and Determinism
    This is a very interesting notion, and actually a little bit intimidating to picture a photo of your face looking sternly at me as I reach for a drink. I believe it has a lot to do with guilt and...
  • Commented on Remembering Psychology
    I admire people who strive to be psychologists. After taking this class, I have found a renewed respect for people in this field. It is so easy to take them for granted....
  • Commented on Final Blog: The Big FIve
    Those personality quizzes are all so tricky; I always approach them with hesitation and caution. Though, of course I fall victim and thoroughly analyze all the little details they give me about my personlity....
  • Commented on A Scientific Experiment
    Psychology has made me look at the world in a different light and lens. That I just can't approach one thing and say that it's happening simply because of this one thing, because that would interfere with falsifiability or even...
  • Commented on Final Blog!
    I thought that all of those important concepts like falsifiability and correlation v causation were very tedious things, but also very important in the regular world as well as the world of psych....
  • Commented on Chapter 5
    As you said, hallucinations is not as uncommon as people make it out to be. And of course, it has a lot to do with our brains. If we want to see something badly enough, to imagine it so vividly,...
  • Commented on thinking and verbal communication
    I think this is a very interesting concept. The way animals interact with us though may not be a "language" but they are still somehow able to. Therefore, we can communicate without words, through our actions. And that's why sometimes,...
  • Commented on Facial Expressions and Emotions
    I think that we can see these micro-expressions in the, you guessed it, little things. After seeing a couple of episodes of "Lie to Me" these little expressions can be seen in flared nostrils, the shallow furrows above our eyebrows,...
  • Commented on Who's your daddy?
    I agree with your point: we should place more importance on fathers. However, I believe it more difficult to do so with the media implying that men are more self-sufficient, and whatnot. Many women are under the impression that they...
  • Commented on Stuck on Literal Interpretations
    I see your point, and I believe that is it very valid. I guess in some way, our ability to avoid functional fixedness can be correlated to intelligence. I see it more as "street smarts" rather than "book smarts," which...
  • Posted Similarities > Differences to Wednesday Wanderings
    I started watching Say Yes to the Dress just a couple months back, and I have been very hooked ever since. Something about the pristine white dresses and the thought of marriage. The women in the show, I believe, represent...
  • Commented on Emotions and Bombs
    Emotions are very hard to define, and it's also very difficult for people to be on the same wavelength on a certain subject. However, I think morals are very consistent....
  • Commented on Emotional Darwin
    Oh, yes! I completely understand what you mean. I myself am from the Philippines and in mass we would do the peace sign to show peace, where in church here we would shake hands firmly with many people. And in...
  • Commented on Polygraph Tests- Can we trust them?
    I agree with all of you, but just to point out, they do a base line test in the beginning. That serves as a proper foundation for the test, allowing for differences in normal heart rates of different individuals. It...
  • Commented on Children and objects
    I think that is also very interesting as well. When I learned about that in lecture, I was not surprised at all despite it being silly, because I expected that out of kids. I like how simple things can be...
  • Posted Behaviorism and Baby Albert to Wednesday Wanderings
    Experiments are very important to move forward in the world of Psychology, and many have been conducted. One famous psychological experiment is "Baby Albert," which involved a baby named Albert, as you may have guessed. This experiment was constructed and...
  • Posted Chapter 10 to Wednesday Wanderings
    Chapter 10 opens with a profile of a young child, with a portrait of leaves and a tree trunk splashing color onto the monochrome page; the opposite page titled human development, how and why we change. The chapter goes into...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from fajar013

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page