adams968

• Posted Remembering Psychology to Wednesday Wanderings
    Honestly, two things stuck out to me this semester in Psychology 1001. The first concept that intrigued me was visual, or optical, illusions. It intrigued me because this visual deception effects everyone. The arrangement of images, effects of colors, impact...
  • Commented on The Effects of Divorce on Children
    I completely agree with what you believe. The level of negativity going into/during the divorce is what carries the negative effects of divorce. As a child of divorce, I loathe people that assume that I have some sort of disability...
  • Commented on The Art of Intimate Relationships
    I wish that more people our age would read into things like this. I know students at the U that are freshman and sophomores that are already getting married or engaged! When reading this, the one thing that really popped...
  • Commented on Gender Testing in Sports
    I think that whatever "parts" you are born with don't determine the gender you wish to portray to the public. I think you are born knowing what you are, male or female. If she was raised as a female, and...
  • Commented on What's With This IAT Test?
    This sounds very interesting! I'm taking a youth studies class currently that tries to help break stereotypes and this seems really relevant. I might have to bring it up in my class someday! It definitely makes you realize the role...
  • Commented on Training Animals
    I think animal training is a great example of conditioning. It bottles my mind how a trainer would even begin to teach an animal much larger than they, to do a flip or jump. Of course though, the minute the...
  • Commented on Bilingual Kids
    I also personally think that bilingual kids have an extreme advantage over a child that only knows one language. Being a spanish and english major, I definitely see the importance in knowing languages. Especially in the united states, where there...
  • Commented on Imprinting Isn't Just For the Werewolves...
    This reminds me of the movie, "Fly Away Home" in which the geese become fixed on a young girl who needs to then lead them south for the winter! The idea of imprinting is really something extraordinary. I think it's...
  • Commented on Emotions and Bombs
    I guess I wouldn't know how to handle this situation. I mean, after 30 years, people can change drastically. She could have just had teenage angst or not been able to control her anger for her friends killed. However, a...
  • Commented on Children and objects
    I have a three year old brother and a three year old nephew, so I have experienced this several times! It's so cute how my nephew will run around with his eyes closed and assume I can't see him. Or,...
  • Commented on Similarities > Differences
    LOVE this show. I never looked at it from a psychological perspective, examining the causes of marriage, or how spouses met each other. Typically, I feel like spouses meet in graduate school, the workplace, or out on the town. This...
  • Commented on What influences our IQ
    This is really interesting. I think this kind of relates to the claim that people are born with a certain level of basic intelligence, and it cannot be changed. I completely disagree with this. I think that people's intelligence can...
  • Commented on the thing about gay marriage is...
    I agree that being gay is not a choice. I think it is very clear based on children that are full of guilt and regret due to the feelings they feel for someone of the same sex. Some people are...
  • Commented on Body Image
    I think there is definitely a difference between being healthy and being unhealthy regarding body weight. However, I don't think people develop eating disorders based on misinformation. I believe they develop them based on the way they see themselves, and...
  • Commented on Lying
    I think that detecting 55% of lies is actually pretty good. Considering how much people lie, all of the time, 55% is a considerably large amount. I think a lot of people catch people lying but don't always state that...
  • Commented on Which Sibling is the Best?
    I think this is very interesting! One thing that jumped out in my mind regarding better grades, is that maybe by the time younger siblings are born parents have more knowledge about how to teach their children things such as...
  • Commented on The Bystander Effect
    I think by learning more about the bystander effect, people can really learn how to prevent it from happening. I know that when someone is in danger/an emergency situation and there are a plethora of people around, I will now...
  • Posted My 3 year old nephew, Jace. to Wednesday Wanderings
    My nephew Jace is three years old and therefore falls into the category of the 2-7 year old age range that Piaget refers to in the text. According to Piaget, this is the "preoperational stage", where children's mental representation differs...
  • Commented on Sneaky Ring Tones
    My brother loves that ringtone. My parents can't hear it, but all of my siblings can. Every time it goes off, my dog perks up as well. This can kind of conclude that animals do really have higher senses of...
  • Commented on Remote Controls- Can You Push the Right Button?
    That dog has good judgement. I think that some remote controls are a little ridiculous, with their buttons being ridiculously close together, too small to see, etc; However, I think that gigantic remote is a little over-the-top. One think I...
  • Commented on Imagine Taking as Much Shit As Your Car
    This ad is very interesting. I think one effect that works on me is the fact that this is an old man who looks lonely, depressed, etc; It's almost like seeing someone eat alone at a restaurant... You feel a...
  • Commented on Free Will-Determinism
    This is very interesting. I agree completely with the fact that a lot of people use the idea of "determinism" to make excuses for their actions. But I think this goes a lot deeper than that, I think that it...
  • Commented on Is Free Will an Illusion?
    This is very interesting. I think it sort of ties into the ideas of "fate" and whether or not we actually control any part of our destiny. Or maybe even the idea of God and if he is leading us...
  • Posted Homosexuality: Nature vs. Nurture to Wednesday Wanderings
    There are many nature vs. nurture disputes going on today. One of the biggest disputes revolves around homosexuality and whether it is inherited or if it is a result of your environment. The first article I read is called "What...
  • Posted Chapter 13: Social Psychology to Wednesday Wanderings
    Social psychology is defined in the text as, "the study of how people influence others' behavior, beliefs, and attitudes-- for both good and bad." This chapter was primarily designed to help us understand why we act helpfully or heroically in...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from adams968

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page