shaff133

• Posted Social Psychology NO REGRETZ to Wednesday Wanderings
    This semester in Psychology 1001 has been very interesting and full of many topics that I hope to carry with me throughout my life. There are a few things, however, that I am certain I will remember after at least...
  • Commented on Emotions and Bombs
    That is super interesting! I'm glad that people will stand up for other people based on how they know them. It makes me appreciate loyalty. Also, this is a really interesting case because I wouldn't think it possible for people...
  • Commented on Similarities > Differences
    It's strange to think about how much leads up to those women choosing dresses. First they have to meet their groom, become attracted to them and they have to stay together long enough to become married. There are so many...
  • Commented on Imagine Taking as Much Shit As Your Car
    This ad is kind of crazy. I mean, it is interesting that they try to make the viewer feel guilty (and therefore take their car in to get washed) through putting them in the car's shoes (...or tires haha). But...
  • Commented on Super Human Senses
    This is super interesting! I've always known that dogs are much better at hearing and smelling than humans, but I never realized to what extent. It's strange to think that an animal that we spend so much time around is...
  • Commented on Homosexuality: Nature vs. Nurture
    This has always been an interesting debate for me. I think that a lot of it has to do with both factors. However, as I've been learning in my biology of sex class, there are many species who are homosexual...
  • Commented on Is Free Will an Illusion?
    This is a a very interesting concept! It makes me think about whether or not I have complete control over my body like I think that I do. I know that I control my actions, but my actions are influenced...
  • Commented on Contact Comfort...Inspires Animal Torture?
    It's sad to think that people thought that we were only attracted to our mothers because we loved their milk and that they could provide for us. I like to think that this theory was disproved because I have a...
  • Commented on My 3 year old nephew, Jace.
    It is cool to think that these tasks are actually true in real life. It is one thing to read about them in a book, but to hear of personal experiences where they were tested is super interesting. It is...
  • Commented on Emotional Darwin
    That is super interesting that different cultures use different cues. I lived in Spain during my junior year of high school and I found that very true. People said things and expressed their emotions very differently than in the United...
  • Commented on Polygraph Tests- Can we trust them?
    I also think that it's super interesting that we place so much dependency on lie detector tests when they have been proven to be so inaccurate. However, I think that they are used because they make people feel better knowing...
  • Commented on Do you agree with Freud Sigmund?
    First of all, I think that you mean Sigmund Freud. But, it's all good. I agree with Freud in a sense, that we have different parts of us that control our behavior. However, I think that it cannot be strictly...
  • Commented on CAFFEINE!!! Is it good of bad for you?
    I find it interesting that a substance that is so popular can have positive health effects but then also be dangerous to pregnant women. I wish that it did not have adverse fertility effects because aside from those problems, it...
  • Commented on TeenBuzz: What's the buzz about?
    That's really cool! My junior year, there was a kid in my class who used to play it all of the time in class to catch our attention but I always wondered how he managed to do it without the...
  • Commented on Tricky Perception!!!
    It's crazy the way that our brains kind of trick us into only seeing one thing at a time but that there can actually be two or more distinct images present. I think that's why perception is so cool, because...
  • Commented on Imprinting Isn't Just For the Werewolves...
    Imprinting is an interesting concept. It makes sense because a baby is going to be the most attached to whomever can provide for it seeing as it cannot survive on its own. I think that it is funny that the...
  • Commented on The Art of Intimate Relationships
    I think that in the United States, we place too much pressure upon intimate relationships and staying monogamous. We are obviously not wired to stay with someone for the rest of our lives; however, society continues to enforce these norms....
  • Commented on Children and objects
    That's really cool! I am also babysitting this summer and I am thinking that maybe I'll try testing Piaget's theory with the kids I watch too. It's really funny to think that little kids think that if they cover their...
    This is a super interesting entry! Right now, I am in a biology of sex class and we have talked about monogamy in humans. Something that I find interesting is that we weren't really created to be monogamous and technically,...
  • Commented on Body Image
    I think that it is ridiculous what society views as "beautiful" nowadays. Scary skinny isn't sexy. I agree with you in that people should be healthy and that dieting should be guided by someone who is familiar with nutrition; not...
  • Commented on the thing about gay marriage is...
    I completely agree with you. I am actually writing a paper right now for another class about why gay marriage should be legal and how a religious basis for opposing gay marriage is unjustified. Also, I totally agree with you...
  • Posted Lying to Wednesday Wanderings
    While reading the section in the book about lying and lie detection, there were various things that caught my attention. One thing that really surprised me was the statistics about how often people detect lies. Despite confidence and other...
  • Posted Super Sonic Senses to Wednesday Wanderings
    "Teen Buzz" is a high-pitched frequency that adults cannot hear. I find this very interesting because I never realized that hearing changes drastically as you age. "Teen Buzz" has been used in various different ways against teenagers. For example,...
  • Posted Chapter 5: Consciousness to Wednesday Wanderings
    Hello, Psych Discussion!! The chapter that I am focusing on is all about the different forms of consciousness. It discusses sleep, dreams, drugs and other alternations of consciousness. I found many parts of this chapter to be interesting such as...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from shaff133

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page