kippl007

• Commented on The Puzzling Nature of Cause and Effect
    very good point, and I think that is why there is no way to really tell how someone will perform in their life. Their are so many input variables that it's like chaos. The fact that nature and nurture work...
  • Commented on Drugs are Bad
    this movie is pretty rad, but I would say the movie is about addiction as a whole, and using drugs as a means to an end to acomplish the goals that set as americna standards, wealth beauty and power. pretty...
  • Commented on Final Blog: Babies
    It's crazy how much we underestimate the growing mind of a child. I think they would call that the availability hueristic, but i completely agree, it was pretty awesome to see hoe the experiments for testing children were designed and...
  • Commented on Classic and Operant Conditioning
    I thought the conditioning section of the class was really interesting too. I think that I will often think of the things i learned here when I am raising my children. I know that sounds strange to condition your kids,...
  • Commented on Memorable Memory
    Memory is so such an interesting topic. I am going into a neuroscience field and would really like to work with memory. I really enjoyed learning all of the ways that our brains can be tricked into thinking, seeing, and...
  • Commented on Final Blog!
    Those are two of the topics that stick out for me as well. Really strong ideas to keep in mind throughout our lives. nice job....
  • Posted Not everything is what it seems. to Wednesday Wanderings
    The most important thing that I will take away from the class, is to reminded constantly of the correlation vs. causation aspect of psychology. Not everything that we see, read, or hear about is true. We need to be able...
  • Commented on What influences our IQ
    that's a very good question. It is always a challenge to take something as complicated as an IQ and boil it down to one or two factors. And although we might not be able to say for sure the root...
  • Commented on Which Sibling is the Best?
    i was thinking there might be some flaws to studying two siblings at the same time, instead of both siblings when they come to a certain age. I think for obvious reasons, matching two siblings (especially younger siblings) that are...
  • Commented on The Bystander Effect
    don't they even say you should yell fire! instead of rape! if you are being attacked ?? or did i just see that in a movie ? either way the bystander effect is very chilling to me. It's very troubling...
  • Commented on the thing about gay marriage is...
    @ stetl007 that's pretty awesome that some christian churches are coming around and incorporating that into there service. do you know what the overall opinion is about gay marriage at your church ? it would be interesting to hear about...
    I appreciate how respectful you are. I am not going to try and come at you, merely respond to what you have said. I chose to single out christianity because that is the religion that I have the most experience...
  • Commented on Lying
    It is interesting how much hype and respect we have for the polygraph test, but I think a lot of that has to do with how often we see it used in movies and television. I think movies and television...
  • Commented on The Art of Intimate Relationships
    awesome find. I really enjoyed listening to her lecture. I love hearing about love and intimacy from a neuroscience perspective because they treat it like it's a drug addiction, and it is. It's fun to step outside yourself and take...
    it's pretty awesome to see all of the support that this is getting. I know three people in a class doesn't seem like much, but I really think that our generation is making a turn for the better. We seem...
  • Posted the thing about gay marriage is... to Wednesday Wanderings
    I'm for it. first and foremost because I think that two people of the same sex are able to fall in love with each other, and if they want to be with the person the love for the rest of...
  • Commented on Aggression in Children
    good topic. I think that in the moment you are definitely affected by your surroundings, but I think there is too much of a direct blame on violence in the media and on t.v. There is no one root cause...
  • Commented on How Does This Ad Work? The Rick Perry Edition
    ohhh i hate this add. this moron thinks that every person in america needs to be like him. what he fails to see is that diversity is the lifeblood of our nation. we came as outcasts and used our differences...
  • Commented on Morality? I don't need no stinkin' morality!
    morality is completely subjective, and I don't think we will ever get to a point in time where we can lay down one set of rules for all to live by, and they will be followed to a T. The...
  • Commented on Does Alzheimer's Disease affect you?
    very interesting post, on a very relevant topic. for anyone who has had someone they know in their lives suffer from Alzheimer's, this is an incredibly hard thing to watch. It's odd to see how far we have come as...
  • Posted Animal training to Wednesday Wanderings
    The use of clicker training on animals is a remarkable presentation of BF Skinners principles of shaping. This method of training through positive reinforcement of the desired behavior starts with the basic steps of the behavior, and turns into...
  • Commented on CAFFEINE!!! Is it good of bad for you?
    very nice article. I enjoyed that it was poignant and factual, sticking to what is known about the pro's and con's of caffeine. Also the topic is very relevant since most of us consume it on a daily basis. but...
  • Commented on Is Free Will an Illusion?
    Very interesting topic. The idea that all our our "thoughts" could be our bodies response to it's environment, instead of our own free volition is an incredibly complex argument. In my opinion it is just too hard to tell. I...
  • Posted Chapter 7: Memory to Wednesday Wanderings
    Chapter 7 is all about memory. I chose this chapter because I am interested in how our memories work, mostly because I would like mine to work better. The chapter covers how memory is developed and stored, how we...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from kippl007

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page