brow3372

• Commented on I Speak Animal?
    It would be really cool if we could figure out what dogs are trying to say when they bark. I also want to know why certain types of dogs bark more than others. It has to be genetic because environmental...
  • Commented on Nontraditional families -Blog 3
    I agree with you about how divorce is made to look like it will ruin your children in the media. While I don't think that the divorce itself hurts the kids, I think that remarrying does. I have plenty of...
  • Commented on Parenting Styles - Which one is best?
    I definitely agree with you, but I'm not sure if parents can always tell what type of parenting they will have to do by the way their baby acts. Kids change as they get older, especially throughout their teens where...
  • Commented on My little cousin
    What are the other stages and what are the average ages for each stage?...
  • Commented on The lying game
    You make a good point! I wonder how many times a day I am lied to on average? I thought I was good at being able to tell when someone is lying, but now I'm not so sure....
  • Commented on Pinocchio
    I wonder if these statistics take into account little white lies. I hope they do at least! Otherwise we have a lot of untrustworthy people among us....
  • Commented on I have to admit it...
    What is the third principle? You described similarity and proximity, but not the third one....
  • Commented on Disorder Anorexia Nervosa
    Anorexia is a scary disease that too many girls, and a few boys, suffer from today and I think that the main causes definitely deal mostly with the social media making super models who weigh 90 pounds seem glamorous and...
  • Commented on Beautiful People
    I think that is interesting that other cultures find different things attractive on a person. Even people who live in the same area, but have different backgrounds or ethnicities can be attracted to completely different features on the body....
  • Commented on What is natural?
    I am wondering the same thing, how does modern medicine help people of the same sex? I understand that people can pay other people to have a baby for them or maybe a lesbian couple can go to a sperm...
  • Commented on Physical Attraction
    I thought this part of psychology was also interesting. It explains why men place more importance on looks than personality. I want to know how what we define as attractive has changed over every century. Right now it's health, but...
  • Commented on Social Facilitation
    Social facilitation, I believe, is largely effected by our personality traits, so you can connect this chapter with the Big 5 traits. People who are extraverted may be socially facilitated by large groups and introverted people would probably want to...
  • Commented on Living a Healthy Life
    Good luck on getting healthy! I was amazed also at all of the negative side effects there are to being overweight. Heart disease runs in my family so this chapter was important to me also because I finally understand the...
  • Commented on A big "loser"
    I totally applaud you for all of your hardwork and dedication to getting healthy! That amazes me that you can give up everything you enjoy eating and not give in to temptation. Don't forget to have a little fun now...
  • Commented on Don't Do It
    Your video amazed me at how careless people can be! at 1:05 the man who passes by and slows down to look at the guy, but then continues to walk away shocked me because he blatently saw that the man...
  • Commented on High 5 to the Big 5
    I liked how you said that everyone has the traits, they aer still unique to you. It's an obvious point, yet I still never thought of it that way. I too am fairly introverted and I always was a little...
  • Commented on Blog 4- Stress and Coping
    Now is a good time to use stress control styles with finals just around the corner! Your idea of facing problems head on is a positive way to look at things and will decrease stress just because you feel like...
  • Commented on Learning through my own conformity
    Along with the section about conforming, I was amazed by the section about bystanders and nonintervention. It relates to conformity because the group of bystanders will only act if a majority of them agree to take action. I now wonder...
  • Commented on One is a bun, Two is a shoe... -Jacob Panzer
    I also have learned that I can't remember most of the information I have learned in most of my classes because I cram for every test and my brain doesn't have the capacity to encode all of the information. I...
  • Posted Positive Reinforcement and Parenting- Blog 4- Hailey Brown to PSY 1001 Section 18 Spring 2012
    One topic that we have covered in psychology this semester that I will remember five years from now is probably the section about Classical Condition. I have already noticed how classical conditioning applies to everyday events in my life and...
  • Posted Strict: To Be or Not To Be?- Blog 3, Hailey Brown to PSY 1001 Section 18 Spring 2012
    Kids are always afraid of turning into their parents as they grow up, but in most cases we all do anyways. Especially when it comes to parenting our own children. Parenting, according to Diana Baumrind, is laid out into 4...
  • Posted Strict: To Be or Not To Be?- Blog 3, Hailey Brown to Hailey Brown
  • Posted Is This For Real? Blog 2, Group B, Hailey Brown to PSY 1001 Section 18 Spring 2012
    Even after the first glance, most people will look at the picture above and believe that it is an actual photo of real fish swimming in a barrel. But, aha! They have been deceived by the tricky artist. Using...
  • Posted Blog 1 By Hailey Brown to PSY 1001 Section 18 Spring 2012
    Chapter five in our class's textbook describes the ins and outs of sleeping and the later half of the chapter includes descriptions of popular drugs. I find the section about dreaming to be incredibly interesting because of how scientists have...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from brow3372

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page