quint063

• Commented on Living a Healthy Life
    I agree that this chapter was very informative, heart disease runs in my family as well, and know that I have to take care of myself to reduce the chances against me. It also helped me to want to be...
  • Commented on Positive Reinforcement and Parenting- Blog 4- Hailey Brown
    I am also amazed at how classical conditioning is in all aspects of my life. I also tend to reward myself with things after I have accomplished something, and I feel as though I have earned that reward. I just...
  • Commented on Something that I will never forget
    I also found this chapter very interesting, especially nature and nurture. I use to think that personalities were made only from the environment you grew up in, and it was interesting to realize that there is a lot more that...
  • Commented on Universal Adaptability
    I also found it very fascinating that children could distinguish between small variances in vocal tones. I am also bilingual and speak both English and Spanish and speak both fluently, and it never really occurred to me that I could...
  • Commented on Good Boy?
    I agree with you! I was also raised in an authoritative approach and really appreciate it. I have friends who were raised in all parenting styles, and see that the ones who were raised in extreme strict ways were much...
  • Commented on Don't Do It
    This video was pretty shocking to me, because this person could easily be in a real life threatening situation and no one helped him. I understand when people may not run over and help someone who just dropped their books,...
  • Commented on What is natural?
    I totally agree with you guys, I used the term a little too loosely and not in the right context when describing the advancements that there have been in reproducing. I think what I was getting at is that not...
  • Commented on High 5 to the Big 5
    I also agree with the comment about all of us having the these traits, yet they are unique to each one of us. I think it is something that all should understand because it helps us understand ourselves better and...
  • Commented on One is a bun, Two is a shoe... -Jacob Panzer
    I also found this chapter extremely insightful, because I also have had times when I have done bad because I do not immediately remember everything I learn and felt that something was wrong with me! It was nice to know...
  • Posted Learning through my own conformity to PSY 1001 Section 18 Spring 2012
    Throughout this course I have found many of the concepts relatable to my own life, and for some reason one of the concepts that really stuck with me is conformity. I use to, like many others, believe that I wasn't...
  • Commented on Social Facilitation
    I also feel that social facilitation is something that varies from person to person. I know that I tend to do better when there is more people because there is a pressure to do better, yet others crumble under the...
  • Commented on Strict: To Be or Not To Be?- Blog 3, Hailey Brown
    This is really interesting because I have also had this dilema of growing up to be just like my mother. As I have grown and left my home, I have quickly realized that I am just like my mother, and...
  • Commented on Pinocchio
    What exactly is the "truth serum," and why do people think that it causes the truth to come out?...
  • Commented on Nontraditional families -Blog 3
    I also find nontraditional families very interesting, especially with divorce. I have many friends whose parent's are divorced and for the most part they are all happy that they are divorced. I think for most of them they would have...
  • Posted What is natural? to PSY 1001 Section 18 Spring 2012
    There is much and constant debate over gay marriage, and why it is wrong or right. However, the main topic usually brought up is if it is something that is natural or unnatural. Biologically speaking there are reasons for why...
  • Commented on I Speak Animal?
    I am pretty sure studies have been done on the different wave lengths and pitches of a dog bark and what it correlates with. Just as many have said that when a dog is panting and wagging their tail it...
  • Commented on Parenting Styles - Which one is best?
    I found this very interesting, because of myself personally. I have an older sister and both her and I were raised under the same rules and guidance. However, she was the one who tended to rebel, and I on the...
  • Commented on My little cousin
    I found this very interesting, because I tutor kids in elementary schools throughout St. Paul and have noticed this stage various times. And every time the child thinks they are absolutely correct in what they are doing, but don't master...
  • Commented on Super-tasters
    I found this very amusing because I have a friend that most likely is a super-taster and I use to think she was just ridiculous! Do you know what it is that creates these "advanced taste buds" and if it...
  • Commented on Blog 2: Nature Vs. Nurture
    I think that there very well be some type of genetic factor in all this, but one can not say that someone is a criminal only because of their genetics. I think both nature and nurture play a very important...
  • Commented on The 5 Stage of Sleep
    I also found this extremely interesting because last semester I took a class on dreaming and mythology, and we went in depth into the different stages of sleep. And it was fascinating to see how the body functions throughout these...
  • Posted Learning- Amazing trained dog to PSY 1001 Section 18 Spring 2012
    I found this video on Youtube and was absolutely amazed by how well trained this dog was, and the tricks he could do. I think this is a good example of what we just learned about this recent week in...
  • Commented on Placebos in Psych
    I also found the placebo section very interesting, especially to think that I have been a victim of the placebo affect! I think it is true that if you have a bad mind set on something, that you will never...
  • Posted Blog Entry 1 to PSY 1001 Section 18 Spring 2012
    Chapter 1 This chapter covers many things that at least for me were sort of surprising, it covers the many basic ways of how we need to understand the way we perceive things to have a better overall understanding of...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from quint063

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page