souku065

• Commented on blog entry 5. terms i will not forget in five years
    It is very true that no matter how much money you have or where you are with life, a good health is always important and it helps create a healthy life style. My Mom has always been a gym person...
  • Commented on Is This For Real? Blog 2, Group B, Hailey Brown
    I love this picture! I think it is a really good example of how we use closure to solve problems and use it as a way of looking at things. I totally first looked at this picture and thought that...
  • Commented on Good Boy?
    My parents would definitely fall under the authoritative parenting style and I also believe that this is the best parenting style to use. My parents disciplined me when they needed it but they also showered me with love, positive reinforcement,...
  • Commented on Universal Adaptability
    I always wanted to become bilingual but i know that now at my age it's harder to learn another language because i'm so dominate using english. Babies adapt universal adaptivity at age one and shortly leaves after. This would be...
  • Commented on Parenting Styles - Which one is best?
    I thought this blog post was very interesting because I never thought of parenting styles this way. It's cool to know that you can figure out how a baby will be when they grow up in terms of parenting styles....
  • Commented on Why Things Grow On You
    I think its interesting how the mere exposure effect works. Its cool that if we are open and continuously are presented with a topic or subject we are bound to like it more. The use of this song is a...
  • Commented on Placebos in Psych
    I think that the use of placebos in psychology research was a very interesting way to receive results. Besides from interesting, I also thought that it was pretty genius to trick people into thinking that it was the real deal...
  • Commented on Super-tasters
    I think super tasters is such a unique and interesting topic that I had no clue about until we learned about it in this class. It's so interesting to know that their are people in our world who are called...
  • Commented on What Ever Happened to Baby Albert?
    This is one of my favorite research experiments in psychology today and it's such a shame that his mother took him out so they don't exactly know the aftermath of what happened. I think it's very cool that this one...
  • Commented on Learning- Amazing trained dog
    I think that video is so cool! I think it's also very interesting how animals are taught tricks just like we learned about in our book so through Pavlov's Conditioning Theory and other theories. Who knew that animals in our...
  • Commented on Intelligence
    Intelligence I learned also comes in many ways and types. I also was a kid who back in the day always memorized everything. Even though I wasn't the smartest kid, I still felt smarter than a lo of kids I...
  • Commented on Nontraditional families -Blog 3
    I think this post was very interesting because I also didn't know that divorce didn't lead to any problems in the long run. Also I think it's an interesting point that how divorce is actually the better option if parents...
  • Commented on Social Facilitation
    While reading this post, I believe that a lot of people participate in social facilitation even if we may not realize it. A good example was stated about that a person may do better in a sport in the presence...
  • Commented on A big "loser"
    This blog post is amazing and you should feel proud of yourself for achieving what you wanted to do! That is wonderful and so incredibly amazing that you had the willpower, dedication, and long run goal to loose that weight!...
  • Commented on High 5 to the Big 5
    While reading this section in the chapter, I thought it was interesting how we are all unique and all have our own personality traits. When we all were in discussion and got separated into our separate groups, i thought it...
  • Commented on Blog 4- Stress and Coping
    I also find this chapter about stress interesting because I can admit that I am always stressed and don't really know how to cope with it. After reading the reading and the post, I also learned that there are ways...
  • Commented on Positive Reinforcement and Parenting- Blog 4- Hailey Brown
    I never thought that classical conditioning would be applied to everyday life but after reading this blog post, I was informed that indeed classical conditioning is used in every life. We give ourselves rewards every time we get and by...
  • Commented on One is a bun, Two is a shoe... -Jacob Panzer
    Also while reading this chapter, i learned that we can enhance and improve our memory in many ways. One way that I specifically remember from the reading is using mnemonics and analogies to help remember information or specific events. Also...
  • Commented on Don't Do It
    I think the video is an amazing example of the bystander effect and this topic still seems to amaze me every time i listen or watch something about it. Even though I want to say I have never participated in...
  • Commented on Learning through my own conformity
    Conforming is something that I can say I have participated in when i was wrong or out of place. I was surprised also to learn that conformation was normal and it's part of human nature. Looking at it now, we...
  • Posted Living a Healthy Life to PSY 1001 Section 18 Spring 2012
    My whole life I have grown up with a mom who worked out everyday and ate as healthy as she could. I never have really followed in her footsteps, which my mom didn't really like. But after reading chapter 12,...
  • Posted Disorder Anorexia Nervosa to PSY 1001 Section 18 Spring 2012
    Anorexia Nervosa is a topic that I have always been fascinated with. I first starting learning about the disorder in middle school when we started health class and my knowledge about the topic has continued to grow to today. In...
  • Posted What is life like for people with autism? to PSY 1001 Section 18 Spring 2012
    Did you know that one out of every 150 kids is affected with autism in the United States? Autism is a physical condition; found in the first 3 years of life, that causes a lack of brain development in life...
  • Commented on The 5 Stage of Sleep
    I also thought this was a very interesting topic in the book. I had no idea that we had 5 stages and each stage is different. I also did some further research on this, and I found out that stage...
  • Posted The Stages of Psychosexual Development, Chapter 14 to PSY 1001 Section 18 Spring 2012
    I found the information of the stages of Psychosexual Development found in Chapter 14, Personality the most interesting to me. The stages of Psychosexual Development were developed by Sigmund Freud and are found to be very controversial but I seem...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from souku065

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page