unaru001

• Commented on blog entry 4. The false memory
    That was kind mean of your teacher....
  • Commented on Pinocchio
    the "truth serum" is kinda like a mild drug that makes you loopy. You lose control over yourself and people assume that everything you say must be the truth. On that note, it's kinda like torture. It's like a dark...
  • Commented on The Stages of Psychosexual Development, Chapter 14
    I think Freud must have been a very repressed individual. He puts way too much emphasis on sex. Plus most his theories followed circular reasoning: "Heads I win, Tails you lose"....
  • Commented on Cody Morin - Chapter 14
    In the twin study where one twin became a Nazi and the other was Jewish, while they different outlooks they had very similar personalities. They were highly loyal to their cause and strong willed....
  • Commented on Emotion and Motivation
    It's really kinda of sickening to think about all the various eating disorders first world countries have in comparison to the food shortages that occur in third world countries....
  • Commented on Blog 4- Stress and Coping
    I think they purposely put the stress chapter at the end of the book. That way we would know how to deal with it once exams came around!...
  • Commented on "Did you just spell....OH! I know what happened! They we're..."
    I really want to try this on my little cousin. He's only 3 so maybe I can still trick him ;]...
  • Commented on Intelligence
    Intelligence is also culturally different. You can be a genius and dumb at the same time. Like with the Chinese vs. American wisdom. People who are smart in the US are expected to show off. In China, if you were...
  • Commented on I Speak Animal?
    There is a product in Japan that claims to be able to distinguish the different type of barks and what they mean. The object looks like a regular collar with a small display [similar looking to an iPod]. The inventors...
  • Commented on Five years from now...
    Well, now that you've learned all about this stuff you can pass it on to the next person :]...
  • Commented on Wait, did that really happen?? Or was it the false memory phenomena??!
    It's actually kinda common once you think about it. When someone tells us a story that relates closely to ourselves, we feel emotionally attached to that. Then, after some time passes, we look back at that story, feel those emotions,...
  • Commented on Good Boy?
    There are some unique cases out there where the kids of non-authoritative parents turned out okay. By best friend's mom was still partying at the age of 37 so my friend had to take care of herself. I don't know...
  • Posted Universal Adaptability to PSY 1001 Section 18 Spring 2012
    It's amazing to think that in the first year of our life we are so sensitive to the world around us. One aspect of that early stage is universal adaptability. It's the astonishing ability babies [up to the age of...
  • Commented on My little cousin
    With your little cousin, he probably copied the 'equal sharing' behavior. I'm pretty positive that if someone explained to him about portion sizes that he'd be weighing the chicken wings instead of counting it out. I guess that means less...
  • Posted The lying game to PSY 1001 Section 18 Spring 2012
    Lies are very common within society. It's been estimated that a person will say at least two lies a day. I believe it! It may not be a big lie but 'white lies' are fairly common; often used to protect...
  • Commented on Blog 2: Nature Vs. Nurture
    While I believe that nurture far out weighs nature, certain genetic traits have been theorized to push some people over the edge. In a study conducted by Paul Bernhardt, high levels of testosterone combined with low levels of serotonin can...
  • Commented on Placebos in Psych
    There was a teacher in my school who actually used her students as a psych experiment. One month she told her students at the beginning of class that she was giving them a difficult test. The students groaned at the...
  • Commented on Bourne to forget
    It's interesting that Hollywood finally got at least something right. Do you happen to know what the average recovery rate for that kind of amnesia is? And would being in familiar surroundings help speed up that time?...
  • Commented on Super-tasters
    It's just a random genetic trait that pops up every other generation. If everyone in the world were to be tested for this trait about 25 percent would be identified as super tasters. Most people don't even realize it; they...
  • Posted Super-tasters to PSY 1001 Section 18 Spring 2012
    Super-tasters are persons that have advanced taste buds that allow them to experience taste at a higher quality. These advanced taste buds are a genetic mutation; though no one knows the cause of the mutation. People who are super-tasters are...
  • Posted Bias by Amanda Unarut to PSY 1001 Section 18 Spring 2012
    In psychology, we try to make sense of the madness of everyday life. To find patterns so that we may better understand the 'whys' behind a person's actions. For those few who are trying to find those 'whys', they must...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from unaru001

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page