leco0013

• Posted Alumni Spotlight: Stephen Bergerson to CLA: SJMC News
    After majoring in journalism-advertising track at the University of Minnesota, Stephen Bergerson (B.A., '70) took his interest in advertising to law school at William Mitchell College of Law. The recently retired attorney from Fredrikson & Byron combined those worlds in...
  • Posted A Journalism student in Antarctica (or Minnesota?) to State of the Student
    Here are some recommendations for students who decided to attend University of Minnesota for their undergraduate career, a fitting start for my new blog "State of the Student"!...
  • Posted Eugenics- Make up blog for the discussion section on Intelligence to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    This is a make up blog for the discussion section on intelligence that I missed. One thing that really caught my attention in the intelligence chapter and in one lecture was the concept of eugenics. I actually didn't used to...
  • Posted Method of Loci- Final Blog to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    There are many interesting knowledge that I learned about in this psychology class, that will help me a lot in the future. If I have to decide on one, I would say that one of the most useful things I...
  • Posted Paul Ekman's other study on the universality of facial expressions to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Paul Ekman's findings in universal facial expressions and emotions have always intrigued me not only because I'm interested but because of personal reasons too. My grandfather William Ayhan LeCompte was a psychologist and a colleague of Paul Ekman, and...
  • Commented on Dolphins Training Other Dolphins
    Whenever I think about animals teaching other animals things that are not natural to their species, my Darwinist side kicks in. Last semester, I took a class called "human evolution" and learned all about how some species survive by learning...
  • Commented on Got Sleep?
    This is a good subject to choose. I've heard of this Dymaxion sleep cycle before. It's actually a very famous story. During world war II, Winston Churchill trained his body to sleep 15 minutes every 4 hours. He did this...
  • Commented on If Athletes can smoke, so can we.
    This is a strategic way of selling every product nowadays. I can't even imagine an advertisement that is not designed to make you feel a certain way, for you to feel closer to that particular product. Advertising indeed has very...
  • Posted What happens when we go to sleep? to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Do you ever wonder, what's the difference between being unconscious/asleep and being conscious/awake? Marcus de Sautoy explores this question in one part of his documentary: The Secret You. Of course, there are some obvious differences between being asleep and...
  • Posted How are minds might fool us- Blog 1 (Chapter 1) to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    As in most scholarly textbooks, "Psychology: From Inquiry to Understanding" also starts off with its titles' definition. The first chapter mostly talks about what psychology is, why it is interesting and challenging, why it should be studied, why is...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from leco0013