dirke008

• Commented on What i Will remember in 5 years
    Well, I wish the entire world had your type of mindset. If so, it would definitely be a more positive place to live. It seems that too often people get caught up in their own personal lives, thinking about what...
  • Commented on Personality is forever...
    I found the personality unit to be particularly interesting as well, for it is something extremely relatable since we interact with a myriad of people each and every day. Especially as we begin to enter the work force, I believe...
  • Commented on WELP. DEES IZ IT
    It is fascinating that psychology is able to explain everything the living organism does. I, like you, am a huge procrastinator, so learning about this topic kind of sparked my interest. Although teachers are constantly saying "start studying early", I...
  • Posted Retail Buying and Psychology to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Signing up for classes, I was somewhat skeptical on what Psychology 1001 would be all about. I honestly never dreamed that it would be so in depth, and would be able to explain nearly everything a living organism does. I...
  • Commented on IQ testing as a measure of job performance
    I totally agree with you in that IQ testing should be one of many methods in the interviewing process. One reason is because, I feel like there are many people out there who are good at "bullshitting"; with this trait,...
  • Commented on I Need to Belong
    I completely agree with this post of yours. Like you, when I arrived at college I was not super worried about meeting as many people as I could, but instead focusing on my schoolwork. Now I regret that in some...
  • Commented on Personality tests galore
    What a coincidence that I just did a REP study that was very similar to what you are talking about here. But instead of "black" and "white", "good" and "bad", I did it with "gay" and "straight", "good" and "bad"....
  • Commented on Birth Order
    It is very intriguing to analyze the personality of siblings in correlation to their birth order. Above you have said that the younger child is often times more creative and comical; this may be because the parents have lightened up...
  • Commented on First Borns are the Leaders, Babies of the Families the "Jokesters"?
    I am actually sitting next to my younger sister right now and felt the urge to share the topic of your post with her, simply to see if I could get a rise out of her! She actually seemed to...
  • Commented on Will Discrimination Ever End?
    My former high school is located in a northern suburb of the Twin Cities, and I would guess that approximately 80% of it was caucasian. So we did have a fair amount of diversity compared to many other schools. Although...
  • Commented on "Oh, my, God. Becky, look at her butt."
    I like how your blog has made me stop and think about all the times I have casted completely harsh judgements upon people, solely due to their appearance. It is horrible, but yet almost everyone in society does it; whether...
  • Commented on Just Your "Average Joe"
    Although this is a horrible form of discrimination, it is, like you said, reality. But I do not think interviewers are consciously aware that they are doing this. I instead think, as harsh as it sounds, that many people are...
  • Commented on Beauty: Is it Really in the Eye of the Beholder?
    This post has really urged me to think about what the true definition of beauty is, and how it can fluctuate across cultures. I think there is a large portion of American's who can be slightly close minded about this...
  • Posted Does money buy happiness? to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    I bet you did not know, that Americans spend about $750 million a year on self help books, as well as a whopping $1 billion a year on motivational speakers, all in hopes to boost happiness levels. You would think...
  • Commented on Erasing Memories: Is it possible?
    Whether the memory is positive or negative; it has an impact on your life, and has ultimately shaped you into the individual you are today. By diminishing the painful experiences you have underwent, you are almost deleting a part of...
  • Commented on Do Animals Talk?
    I like that you have brought up this topic in your blog. From the time I was very young, I always wondered what types of communication my dogs used with each other and other dogs they encounter. Like you mentioned...
  • Commented on Got Sleep?
    This is an awesome topic to chose because it is one that many of us college students can relate to. Although I am frequently up late doing homework and or socializing with friends, I cannot imagine only getting 2 hours...
  • Commented on When I count to ten, you will bark like a dog
    I really enjoyed reading about hypnosis in chapter 5 because I have actually experienced it and could relate to many of the things the book talked about. Like someone mentioned above, my school also hired a hypnotist for my senior...
  • Posted Dead to the World; All at Once to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    While reading chapter 5, I came across a sleeping disorder which particularly struck me. It is referred to as, Narcolepsy. People who have this disorder experience an overwhelming urge to sleep at any given point during their day. Due to...
  • Commented on Hey nice bracelet. Can you really jump higher?
    I am so glad you have brought this point to the table. Every time I see a commercial for these bracelets, I wonder how people could be so gullible to actually believe they will improve their athletic abilities. Like you...
  • Commented on Sleepwalking
    I find it crazy when I hear about people walking in their sleep; but it utterly battles me to hear of cases where people participated in intercourse, drove a car or committed murder while asleep. You wonder what is truly...
  • Commented on Gender Neutral - Sasha Laxton Defies Stereotypes
    This method of of raising a child really fascinates me. I wonder what the motives were behind Sasha's parents doing this? It is apparent a large part of it was to break down gender stereotypes, however, will this land young...
  • Posted Blog Entry #1 - Chapter 6 to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    The text in chapter 6 discussed the different ways one is able to learn. I particularly found reading about observational learning quite interesting. Because of my love for kids, I was fascinated to read more in depth how observational learning...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from dirke008