glas0344

• Posted Mental Sets to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    It is interesting to think about mental sets, we do one thing or similar things so many times that we become fixated on having only one way to come to the solution of such problem, but when a curve ball...
  • Commented on My future and the role psychology plays in it
    This is a great example of critical thinking, you are able to take a course that is seemingly unrelated to your major field, and connect many important and circuital ideas. With this understanding of how one thinks and reacts to...
  • Commented on Final blog--empathy and better decision making.
    The concept of looking though another eyes, or walking in their shoes is a very important and useful tool we can use to understand why people act and do what they do. At school I have been able to place...
  • Commented on Memory: What happens when we reconstruct our past?
    The thought that ones mind can alter and create false memories is quite remarkable. In the case of Paul, it was unfortunate that his false memories were so graphic and harmful, lucky for Paul and his family he was not...
  • Commented on Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks
    I defiantly agree with you on this one, I will always remember the ideas and concepts behind conditioning. This was a very interesting unit, and it was cool because we were shown how these ideas were related to everyday life....
  • Posted The Yerkes-Dadson Law to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    The Yerkes-Dadson Law is defined in the text book as, "inverted U shaped relation between arousal on the one hand, and mood and performance on the other" (429). What this law is getting at is there are two curves, one...
  • Commented on Does your face or brain say you are lying?
    I found this post to be very insightful, connecting a complex idea, lying, with a seemingly simple way of showing a real life example, the show "Lie to Me". I also like the fact that you were able to dig...
  • Commented on "Oh, my, God. Becky, look at her butt."
    This is a very touchy subject for many Americans. With the youth becoming more and more valuable to eating disorders, these problems seem to be coming up more and more often, they cannot just be over looked as they were...
  • Commented on Does money buy happiness?
    I would agree with your post, money does not buy happiness. I grew up in a middle class suburb, and the extent of ones happiness had no correlation to their happiness. There were some kids who were lucky enough to...
  • Commented on Applying the Big Five to "Hannibal the Cannibal"
    I would definitely agree with your above assessment of Hannibal's characteristics. It is interesting how he fits into the Big Five we have discussed in class, see that many only see Hannibal as a cold blooded killer, it would be...
  • Commented on Famous IQ's
    I thought this was a very interesting post and I myself was very drawn to this topic when looking at the IQ's of the presidents in our text book. However, they being that very same chapter with a man who's...
  • Commented on Easy to change your attitude?
    Giving up on what you believe in is not an easy task. It takes years to overcome our previous thoughts sometimes. And seeing the results with your own eyes is not even enough. No one wants to be wrong is...
  • Commented on The Young Guns
    I totally agree with your post. This was a very insightful blog, and it shows the critical thinking you have done to prove ooccam's razor. The though that genetics can led to specific traits is a little much for most...
  • Commented on Urban Legends
    Those are some interesting urban legends you were able to find. I have heard or seen both of these in the media today, adding to the whole hoax. Urban legends are fun stories to tell and here, I remember a...
  • Commented on I'm not a Skeptic, I'm a Scientist!
    This is a very thoughtful post. Seeing all of the reminders on the sides of the pages lately, I do not stop to read them or wonder what one of the six principals they are talking about. Rather, I have...
  • Commented on I Need to Belong
    This is a very interesting post, I have not really thought back to the start of school at all lately. Time has just seem to blow by, but now stopping to think about this question, I realize I had the...
  • Posted Billy Madison to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    In class we have discussed the Big Five personality traits quite extensively, comparing how each of the five trails looks when examined on its own and when several of the traits are mixed together. We have looked at fictional characters...
  • Commented on You can train a fish?
    This is a great article; it is quite surprising what other species can learn, and how they can develop into something that benefits us as humans. Something so small such as this can bring joy to just about anyone’s day,...
  • Posted Repetition and Memory to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Today's media covers a wide variety of different life challenges and triumphs, one of the more common movie plots seems to be the idea of memory loss and the process of recalling/recovering ones previous experiences. In the movie Unknown (2011),...
  • Commented on Got Sleep?
    I found this article helpful being somewhat sleep deprived these last few weeks with midterms and papers, and I have been feeling guilty napping rather than studying or something more productive. I have tried the multiple nap methods before, but...
  • Commented on TURN THAT OFF!
    As nice as this "teen buzz" maybe for students, for those with younger siblings it is more annoying than anything. The idea that sounds can be tracked differently depending on age is an interesting concept and my younger sister has...
  • Commented on Dead to the World; All at Once
    I found this to be a very interesting article, every time I think of narcolepsy I think of the movie Deuce Bigalow and one of the many female characters in the movie. She has this problem, and in movies such...
  • Commented on Blog # 2: Adrenaline
    I found this post to be quite interesting as well. The idea that our body can just flip to the flight or fight mode is amazing. There is so much that takes place in the body and it is fascinating...
  • Commented on Nature vs. nurture; is it logical to choose one over the other?
    I found this to be a really interesting and insightful blog post. I like the fact you add and use your personal experience to the topic, so many times we have heard or read about this in the text book...
  • Posted Chapter 8 - Language, Thinking, and Reasoning to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    The Early Stages of Communication How old were you when you first began to talk? For most of us it was around the age of two or three when we began to form our first simple sentences. However, this...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from glas0344