ndayi004

• Commented on Social Loafing
    Last semester I had a big group assignment for one of my class. As always it was difficult coordinating times and distributing work out evenly. And of course there were 2 social loafers in the group. What I did like...
  • Commented on Responsibility diffusion on metro transit
    It always surprises me to see this. The picture you posted is the epitome of responsibility diffusion. I'm sure if you asked the young guy reading the newspaper he would say something like I wasn't the only one who could've...
  • Commented on COG Make-up DS: Sexsomnia
    Wow... That seems like it would be very controversial if that were to be put up to discussion in court. Just the same way how someone can be relieved of their charges if they can prove they are mentally ill,...
  • Commented on Blog 2: What about animal training?
    When someone is considering training an animal it's also very important to realize how trainable that animal is. For example there are several breeds of dogs that are desired for specific tasks, such as guide, herding, or smelling dogs. Sometimes...
  • Commented on Abnormal is normal
    You make a great point by saying that we need to keep these disorders in mind because some of us are at risk for developing them. Especially when it comes to Major Depressive Disorder where 20% of us will experience...
  • Commented on Game show winners are not as smart as we think
    Something else to consider is that you may not need a high IQ to do well at a game like this, but there may be a positive correlation with higher IQs and higher trivia scores. It just seems likely that...
  • Commented on The shaping of are interests
    Psychology has a huge influence on advertisement. To me I have noticed four trends when viewing an ad: 1. Your life would be better with this product 2. Buy this get something else for free 3. We’re better than our...
  • Posted Smart Phones and The Younger Generation to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    A few months a go I read an article in the New York times that was urging parents to limit the time their young child watches tv. Their reason was that it has been studied that it affects children's development...
  • Posted Social Psychology to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    While we have studied several concepts, ideas, and experiments in psychology 1001, there is one that sticks out the most to me; The Milgram Experiment. This is the experiment where Stanley Milgram studied subjects obedience to authority figures by administering...
  • Commented on IQ testing as a measure of job performance
    Using IQ scores as a basis to hire can become difficult. It's been argued that whether IQ tests are 100% valid for quite some time now. While there is a positive correlation with IQ scores and job performance, I feel...
  • Commented on Birth Order
    This is a very interesting article and comment you have. There are a few things I believe about the article like the possibility for the oldest sibling to have a higher IQ since they would be more likely to teach...
  • Commented on Social Facilitation
    Your comment makes me think of the show undercover CEO. In this show the CEO of a company applies for an entry level job for his own company under an alias name and most of the time a disguise. He...
  • Commented on Famous IQ's
    One thing that comes to mind is that the IQs of historical figures such as George Washington should be "updated" since most IQ tests have changed significantly since they were first introduced. All that besides I find your comment very...
  • Commented on Bridesmaids- the Irish and the American collide.
    It must be a coincidence that I just saw this movie last week! I also like how you used an example that everyone can see to explain these concepts. while they ended up together in the end (what a surprise!)...
  • Posted Contact Comfort to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    In the study created by Harry Harlow, he looks into how rhesus monkeys develop attachments to the "terry cloth mother" simply on the basis of touch. Although this is something that conceptualized naturally, intuitively it makes perfect sense. After thinking...
  • Commented on It's all about me
    Your entry makes me wonder how children who are raised in a collective culture (such as Asia and Africa) would fair on those egocentrism tests. It's well known that people in westernized countries, especially Americans, have individualistic views as adults...
  • Commented on Parenting: What's right and wrong
    You make a good point when you say that parents do not use 100% of a particular parenting style, let alone a 50-50 combination. I believe the text book only showed the top 3 styles of parenting and that there...
  • Commented on Violence and Video Games
    To me this is a case of people believing in "popular" science. When some highly viewed entertainment program or magazine puts out information about violent content and behavior (or any other subject or that matter) it has been known that...
  • Commented on Different Perceptions of Time
    It makes sense that northerners are more future oriented than people who live by the equator. One plausible reason is that people who live in an environment like ours have to prepare for different seasons like winter. A couple hundred...
  • Commented on Get Fit, Don't Quit
    Good job to the makers of this advertisement for making this commercial relatable. It's the best way to sell a product if your customer can swap out the person in the commercial for themselves. On a side note I read...
  • Commented on Can air pollution really increase health factors?
    I believe that articles like this (especially ones that claim to have done a study and claim to have some sort of internal validity) is one of the reasons why knowing the 6 principles of scientific thinking comes in handy....
  • Commented on Environment or Genetics? The ADHD conflict continues
    I've noticed a lot of news reports and articles that are about ADHD being overdiagnosed. I believe environment has a lot to do with the development of ADHD especially at young ages when the brain is developing. Since children spend...
  • Commented on Oh my, what a big hippocampus you have.
    It would make sense that taxi drivers tend to have larger hippocampi than the average person. Proving that the hippocampus actually grows in size may be difficult to prove but i would guess that these taxi drivers experienced expansion of...
  • Posted Nature vs. nurture; is it logical to choose one over the other? to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Nature vs. nurture; is it logical to choose one over the other? It's been proven that your genetic makeup (nature) can carry genes that put you at a greater risk for developing certain diseases like Alzheimer's, cancer, and diabetes. Inevitably...
  • Posted chapter 5 to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Chapter 5 focused on the consciousness of the human brain. The first half of the chapter discusses sleeping and dreams. First they describe the different stages of sleep (stage1o stage 5, from light sleeping to rapid eye movement). There is...
  • Posted Blog 1- Chapter 5 to Blog 1- Chapter 5
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from ndayi004