barto271

• Posted Bipolar Disorder Heritability to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Some mental disorders tend to be fairly heritable while others seem to be developmental. Among those that are categorized as highly heritable is bipolar disorder. A mood disorder causing the patient severe depression and manic episodes, bipolar disorder is very...
  • Commented on Gender Neutral - Sasha Laxton Defies Stereotypes
    I think that more parents should give their children options of colors, apparel, interests, and styles than the norm today. Most parents still paint girls' rooms pink and boys' rooms blue, and don them accordingly. This pushes the idea into...
  • Commented on Inattentional Blindness
    I agree with Zupan031 (sorry I can't get more personal) in that the setting is equally important. I think that some celebrities are only recognized because of their setting whether it be a stage, a skate park, or in a...
  • Commented on When I count to ten, you will bark like a dog
    On a related note, I actually know a bit able how to perform a type of physical touch induced hypnosis. It may be a bit more believable, because you are essentially telling a complex, highly believable story to your listener,...
  • Commented on something YOU probably don't know
    I had never taken the time to actually look at the physical differences between a healthy, normal brain and a brain with Alzheimer's disease before. If is absolutely terrifying to think that the brain actually loses mass and the parts...
  • Posted Chapter 3: Biological Psychology to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Chapter three largely covers the biological and physical aspects of the brain's makeup. Among discussing various functions and chemicals involved, it also mentioned briefly the EEG. The EEG, or electroencephalograph, is a noninvasive, external test used to monitor brain activity....
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from barto271