behmx059

• Posted Somatic Marker Theory to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Have you ever thought about how much your actions relate to what your gut is telling you to do? Well until I read chapter 11 about emotion I hadn't thought about it either. There is a theory known as "somatic...
  • Posted Social Loafing to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Don't you hate when your doing a group project and there is those two girls in your group that don't do anything and gossip the whole time? Well, that is an example of social loafing. A topic discussed in chapter...
  • Commented on WELP. DEES IZ IT
    i agree with you 100%. I feel like during this semester I really learned how I worked as a person. Especially with procrastination. I think that during this class, I really got to work on the things that I had...
  • Commented on Everyone is different
    This was definitely my favorite discussion class of the semester. It was really interesting seeing which people were put in the different personality types. Especially since personally, my original group was all split up into different groups. I really feel...
  • Commented on Can certain pills improve our memories?
    This is a really interesting topic and post. It sort of reminds me of the movie "limitless" With Bradley Cooper. Where he gets those pills and starts taking them and they make him so smart, anyone who has seen that...
  • Posted What I will remember to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    I have learned so much this semester in psychology that hopefully I will remember everything, especially since psychology is such an interesting topic and things that have to do with your everyday life. But if I had to choose one...
  • Commented on Dealing with anxiety-stricken parents
    I am going through almost the exact same thing. My mom and dad have similar things to your parents. They both suffer from anxiety and stress very deeply. And as well as you, after being in psychology i finally figured...
  • Commented on I Need to Belong
    This is a really interesting topic. I definitely agree with you about the "need to belong" coming into college, because i felt the exact same way. But unlike you at first, I didn't join any clubs or groups which I...
  • Posted Social Facilitation to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Nobody really thinks about themselves being affiliated with social facilitation. But when you are at work, such as a retail store you might be lazy and not talk to customers or be folding clothes, but when your boss comes around...
  • Commented on Bridesmaids- the Irish and the American collide.
    I really liked how you used the example of bridesmaids, since mostly everybody has seen that movie so it is really easy to compare it to these personalities. I think that all of this things are such an important part...
  • Commented on Famous IQ's
    I think this blog was very interesting, I have always thought that learning about IQ's was really interesting and cool. I am surprised as well about George Washington's IQ. You would think that being the first president of the united...
  • Commented on The best parenting styles
    I definitely think the best style of parenting in the authoritative style and I really can't image growing up having my parents use any other style. I think a lot of parents can be way to sheltering and then once...
  • Commented on Liar Liar
    Wow, I had no idea lying could get that intense in the way of detecting it. What I think is really interesting is how people can be really good liars or really bad liars. What is the difference?? If you...
  • Commented on It's all about me
    I thought that your entry was really interesting. I think children are a lot more egotistical than people in general, but its weird to think about how children turn out to be this way, and what makes them that way....
  • Commented on Not All Group Members are Lazy
    I definitely agree that communication is so important in situations like this. I have had many group projects where there has been that one kid that doesn't do anything, and still gets the same amount of credit that you got....
  • Posted facial emotions to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Have you ever been forced to pretend a smile somewhere? Well, studies say that if you are forced to smile you will actually find the place or event more enjoyable. In 1989, Charles Darwin came up with a theory known...
  • Commented on Emotion and Advertising
    I think that this is all very interesting, I had never really thought about the emotional part of advertisements, and i definitely think that google is good at manipulating peoples emotion in just a short little commercial. Everyone knows that...
  • Commented on You Said What?
    I think this is really interesting. I,myself have never really been good at any language since it is so hard to learn them. But that's really impressive that you spoke two different languages at different places. That would be a...
  • Posted alzheimer's...it happens to the best of us to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Nobody is really quite sure what exactly causes alzheimer's, but it can be from the build up of protein in the brain. The build up could be from either plaque or tangles that are inside or in the spaces of...
  • Commented on Dolphins Training Other Dolphins
    I also find this topic very interesting because i don't think there's many animals that can teach their same species things. Although doing tricks isn't something that dolphins need to know, but In the long run it could lead to...
  • Commented on If Athletes can smoke, so can we.
    I think it's really stupid that these advertising companies are using famous people to sell bad things. Why would this society want anymore smokers in the world? why would they suggest that smoking cigarettes can make you cool,successful or famous?...
  • Commented on TURN THAT OFF!
    I have been in class when people have you used the "teen buzz" and i think its so weird when every single person in the class can hear that annoying loud ringing and the teacher is so oblivious to the...
  • Commented on Got Sleep?
    This article was very interesting to me and really caught my attention. My sleep cycle very much relates to this but not as dramatic as the diagram is making it sound like. I'm not sure I really know anyone that...
  • Commented on Hey nice bracelet. Can you really jump higher?
    I do not think that those bracelets work and I think its all just in your head. People think that those bracelets will work and there is absolutely no effect on them....
  • Commented on Oh my, what a big hippocampus you have.
    When I was reading about this is the textbook, I also thought that this was very interesting and never had thought about it in that way. I never knew what it was or what place in your brain that your...
  • Commented on What Lead You to Read This?
    I really think that Free Will vs. Determinism shouldn't necessarily still be a debate as well, but there's also people can say or feel whatever they want and nobody can stop them. No matter how much people get a say...
  • Posted Chapter 4- Sensation and Perception to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    The information in chapter 4 is about our human senses and how they are not always right or are misleading. We all know how all of our senses work, but until I read this chapter I had never thought about...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from behmx059