corni049

• Posted What I will remember not to forget to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Out of everything we learned in this course, the stuff that sticks in my head the best is the basic scientific method concepts. I have been able to apply these to daily life everywhere I go. This includes noticing pseudoscientific...
  • Posted Unconsciously Immoral? to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    In Chapter 14 there is a section about Freud’s Psychoanalytic Theory of Personality. I found the concept of what he called Id extremely interesting. According to Freud, we all really do have an unconscious part of us that tells us...
  • Posted When I count to ten, you will bark like a dog to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    In chapter 5 the book talks about hypnosis and common myths about it. I have always been intrigued by this concept, though I’ve never witnessed it in person. Hypnosis is something I’ve only seen on TV but I had no...
  • Posted Sleepwalking to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    In chapter five, the book briefly touches on the concept of sleepwalking. I have always found this concept interesting, though I have never personally been caught sleepwalking, my little sister used to all the time. I can’t wrap my head...
  • Commented on Oh my, what a big hippocampus you have.
    I wonder how one might develop their hippocampus. I am terrible at getting from place A to B. I often find myself driving in circles. When I read this in the textbook I wondered if I had a smaller hippocampus....
  • Commented on Ch 11: Emotions and Motivation
    I just have a question. How do you determine how happy a person is, and what it is that makes them that way? If it isn't things that happen to us that make us happy, how can you explain the...
  • Posted Blog #1, Chapter 7 - Memory to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    You Can’t Teach An Old Dog New Tricks Chapter 7 talks about different types of memory and how it works. One thing that caught my eye was the difference between retroactive interference and proactive interference. Retro active is when something...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from corni049